TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT500 KR # 001 at Barrett Jackson

Saw a black on black KR cross the block at Barrett Jackson Friday night I think...........KR # 001.......wasnt that the car given to Carroll by FORD at his 85th Birthday Bash?

Very low miles....................Very suprised to see it only fetch 72k...........

dont have any idea who the owner was at the time of auction, either CS or one could figure a healthy sum was paid to Carroll for the number 1 car

and it was a second or later owner............

just to have to pull less then MSRP at this no reserve auction....

OUCH!

Saw a black on black KR cross the block at Barrett Jackson Friday night I think...........KR # 001.......wasnt that the car given to Carroll by FORD at his 85th Birthday Bash?

Very low miles....................Very suprised to see it only fetch 72k...........

dont have any idea who the owner was at the time of auction, either CS or one could figure a healthy sum was paid to Carroll for the number 1 car

and it was a second or later owner............

just to have to pull less then MSRP at this no reserve auction....

OUCH!

Different car. See pic below for the CSM number of Carroll's car.

Steve

Img_0452a.jpg

Img_0452a.jpg

Different car. See pic below for the CSM number of Carroll's car.

Steve

Steve,

Isn't Carroll's car the Blue KR that you have over at the Shelby Museum?

What car has that CSM #? Is it a Blue car or black car? I don't remember seeing that CSM while I was at the bash last week.

- Joe

The first KR was given to Carroll by Ford at his 85th birthday. I was about 15 feet away from it, if i recall.

The next day...it went to auction and fetched some money for charity. He owned it for 1 day if I recall.

Here are some Pic's I shot of it from that first day on his 85th Birthday:

CS85thBirthdayBash064.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash063.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash062.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash061.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash050.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash049.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash047.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash046.jpg

Steve,

What car has that CSM #? Is it a Blue car or black car? I don't remember seeing that CSM while I was at the bash last week.

- Joe

Black car. It's in Los Angeles so you wouldn't have seen it at the Vegas Bash.

Steve

The first KR was given to Carroll by Ford at his 85th birthday. I was about 15 feet away from it, if i recall.

The next day...it went to auction and fetched some money for charity. He owned it for 1 day if I recall.

Here are some Pic's I shot of it from that first day on his 85th Birthday:

CS85thBirthdayBash064.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash063.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash062.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash061.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash050.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash049.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash047.jpg

CS85thBirthdayBash046.jpg

The BJ car was a different car. Carroll still owns this car.

Steve,

- Joe

The Blue proto car is Gary Davis'

Ha Ha, it was CSM 001 - 2008 40th anniversary - now owned by Ron Pratt.

Yep! I tried to get these (this one and silver w/ Black stripes one off) for the upcoming KR Invitational... Once it goes into Ron's vault it aint ever seein' the light o- day again! When in doubt as to who owns something it's usually Ron. LOL

Ha Ha, it was CSM 001 - 2008 40th anniversary - now owned by Ron Pratt.

So now I care because you confused me. :hysterical:

Which is it.

Does Ron P own the Black car that was given to Carroll by Ford....or not.

Maybe if I get a drink I will understand better ?

:koolaid:

Steve,

If I recall correctly, the KR in the museum is CSM#KR08001C. And it's a whole lot different than the final product/production KR's. The rear spoiler, 20" Alcoa's (IIRC), Baers on the front(???), etc.

The KR in the museum is from when they still called them Concept cars (i.e. the "C" at the end of the CSM#) as opposed to the two latest Super Snakes that they are now calling Prototype cars (CSM#11001P for the Silver/black SS and CSM#11002P for the Blue/white SS).

That's all by memory so my CSM numbers may be AFU'd.

Phill

If I recall correctly, the KR in the museum is CSM#KR08001C. And it's a whole lot different than the final product/production KR's. The rear spoiler, 20" Alcoa's (IIRC), Baers on the front(???), etc.

The KR in the museum is from when they still called them Concept cars (i.e. the "C" at the end of the CSM#) as opposed to the two latest Super Snakes that they are now calling Prototype cars (CSM#11001P for the Silver/black SS and CSM#11002P for the Blue/white SS).

That's all by memory so my CSM numbers may be AFU'd.

Phill

If memory serves me correctly, the Blue KR at the Shelby museum had the CSM # "08KR0001C"

The car did in fact have 20" Alcoas stamped "KR", had drilled and slotted rotors, had blackened 1/4 window covers, and had the GT500 spoiler.

I'd love to get my hands on some 20" Alcoas stamped "KR" and those drilled and slotted rotors !!

If memory serves me correctly, the Blue KR at the Shelby museum had the CSM # "08KR0001C"

Re; CSM# KR08001C vs CSM# 08KR0001C

Eeesh!

And I thought *I* was a nit picky sumbitch! <g>

Boy, transpose just ONE number and yer forever after known as a......oh, no, wrong saying!

Phill

Archived