TEAM SHELBY FORUM

S/GT Specific Faux Fuel Gas Emblem still avail?

OK, so I just spent the better part of a couple of hours using the search function and reading a BUNCH of stuff regarding ideas, etc for the rear trunk lock faux fuel door emblem on multiple strings of threads.

At the risk of opening up an old topic, I am only asking if this emblem is still available?

Looking for the SGT specific one like this:

post-24787-0-59723400-1295801402_thumb.jpg

post-24787-0-59723400-1295801402_thumb.jpg

OK, so I just spent the better part of a couple of hours using the search function and reading a BUNCH of stuff regarding ideas, etc for the rear trunk lock faux fuel door emblem on multiple strings of threads.

At the risk of opening up an old topic, I am only asking if this emblem is still available?

Looking for the SGT specific one like this:

After a quick look thru the online Shelby Performance Parts website, I didn't see it listed...

However, if you give them a call (702) 405-3500 they will be able to say for sure if they have it or not...

Remember, you will have to verify ownership and BOTH the VIM & CSM numbers in order for you to get one, assuming they are still available...

Good Luck!

Gregg

07SGT0547

Yes. You must call them. I helped a buddy get one fir his car. You need to talk to a specific person who will verify you in the registry and then you can get it. I don't recall who it is, but that is the process - you have to call

From my July 2008 SPP Invoice:

Part # 7S3Z-9A031-SGT = $24.95 + Shipping...

Also shown on page 26 of the Summer 2008 SPP Catalog.

TRUNK LOCK EMBLEMS

Add the CS Trunk Lock Emblem from our CS

package for a custom look. Emblem only, does

not include chrome bezel. 3M mounting adhesive

included. Note: will not fi t 5R3Z6342528AL

Description Part Number Price

CS EMBLEM 7S3Z9A031CS $19.95

SUPERCHARGED 7S3Z9A031CSSC $24.95

SNAKE/SHELBY GT* 7S3Z9A031GT $24.95

*Can only be sold to Shelby GT owners. Must verify ownership.

Gregg

07SGT0547

Mine just came in today.

Bear in mind that it is not the entire approx 6" diameter piece, but the small approx. 2.5" center piece.

Now I need to search to see what folks have done to pull the old center emblem out. In 45 minutes, I went through about 40" of 10# test fishing line trying to get the old one off, and apparently hit an area of double sided tape that is socked down good about 2/3 of the way through, so kept breaking the fishing line. I even had 4 strands of line, but still eventually snapped it.

No, I did not realize that it is just the center emblem, but I kind of like that it just replaces the factory piece and keeps the rest of the part intact with the car.

Found this on another forum regarding the removal/replacement:

http://forums.themustangsource.com/f691/gt-disk-emblem-removal-05-09-model-477786/

Must be nice...

Previous owner put the raised relief Tiffany Snake emblem on - that one HAS to come off before I can put the new emblem on.

Gonna stick with fishing line and some vinegar and see if I can get through the silicone that way, without removing the big emblem.

I'm trying to remove all the Tiffany Snake emblems, including the fuse box cover and Razor wheel center caps. Love the Tiffany Snake, but to me, it says GT500 and Cobra. Since there are Shelby GT emblems I can install instead, I'm going that route.

What a pain! I finally got the Tiffany Snake center piece out of the faux gas cap that's on the car, and there's no way the new Shelby GT center piece can be used with that particular cap because, unfortunately, it is just a hair bigger than the hole left behind by the Tiffany Snake center piece.

So now I need to order a new regular Mustang GT faux fuel cap so I can stick the Shelby GT center piece on it, remove the current faux gas cap, and install the new faux gas cap with the new Shelby GT center piece installed on it. :banghead:

Was hoping to get this done in the next 2 weeks before an indoor car show I'm going to. :censored:

What a pain! I finally got the Tiffany Snake center piece out of the faux gas cap that's on the car, and there's no way the new Shelby GT center piece can be used with that particular cap because, unfortunately, it is just a hair bigger than the hole left behind by the Tiffany Snake center piece.

So now I need to order a new regular Mustang GT faux fuel cap so I can stick the Shelby GT center piece on it, remove the current faux gas cap, and install the new faux gas cap with the new Shelby GT center piece installed on it. :banghead:

Was hoping to get this done in the next 2 weeks before an indoor car show I'm going to. :censored:

I used a polished faux gas cap that had a tiffany snake on it because I wanted the polished as opposed to the chrome finish. Once I removed the tiffany snake which is where you're at, I had an aluminum disk made that I siliconed to the cap and then siliconed the Shelby GT tab to it. I think I have a spare aluminum disk laying around if you're interested in that solution.

If not, be very careful if you use chemicals to remove the old residue. I damaged my stripes in the process of doing so :(

http://www.newtakeoff.com/mustang_gt_rear_trunk_lid_emblem_2005-2008.aspx

I used a polished faux gas cap that had a tiffany snake on it because I wanted the polished as opposed to the chrome finish. Once I removed the tiffany snake which is where you're at, I had an aluminum disk made that I siliconed to the cap and then siliconed the Shelby GT tab to it. I think I have a spare aluminum disk laying around if you're interested in that solution.

Sent you a PM regarding that disc you have.

Got mine ordered yesterday on the special 72 hour 10% off deal. Also ended up buying a bunch of other minor stuff. Was surprised that shipping was so reasonable. Seems like last time I ordered there was some sort of CRAZY shipping costs incurred. Anyway, very pleased with the person I spoke with on the phone and looking forward to getting the parts!

Got mine ordered yesterday on the special 72 hour 10% off deal. Also ended up buying a bunch of other minor stuff. Was surprised that shipping was so reasonable. Seems like last time I ordered there was some sort of CRAZY shipping costs incurred. Anyway, very pleased with the person I spoke with on the phone and looking forward to getting the parts!

They refused to give me the 10% off. They said it was a reserved part so the sale didn't apply. I also got charged over 8 dollars for shipping. Doesn't see reasonable to me for a part that weighs a couple ounces.

Shelby tends to annoy me every so often. I bought the cover a week before the sale, and asked what was coming up. It took me a week of calls and leaving messages trying to order it - never got a call back - had to keep calling. What's worse, is I'm a Team Shelby paid member.

Can't say I was too thrilled either with the treatment a few of us recieved when we stopped by in Nov when we were at SEMA. The next day, one of our group went back, and got the same treatment until they realized he was a SuperSnake owner and was asking about the Code Red car, then they were more than happy to accomodate. :banghead:

Customer service is definitely something Shelby American needs to work on - very inconsistent. :headscratch:

Just went to order the CS emblem on the sale and I came to a screeching halt when I saw the $12 to ship to Missouri. I can't imagine what the cost is to ship to the East Coast!

It's been a while since the shipping was screwed up and I thought they had fixed it but that was to much. I just had a flashlight shipped from Singapore for less than that!

Hmmm...

The discount was applied to all of my items INCLUDING the special fuel cover. And the line item for the discount says, "10% off entire store". The advertising email I received only had the disclaimer stating, "Excludes superchargers and all back order items. No rainchecks." I guess that seems clear... :headscratch:

Regarding the shipping cost... Well, I bought a number of different items and I thought the shipping was reasonable based on buying them all at once.

To be fair, the faux gas lid will have to go in a box with some protection or it will be trashed when it gets to you and shipping of almost any box would be a minimum of 5.00 or so, probably more. That is one of the problems I have with selling on ebay. Even if you sell a .99 hot wheel, it still is going to cost way more than that to ship it across the country. Plus the cost of tape, address labeling, packing time, etc.

I made sure and place an order for several items knowing that if I decided to order them later, I would be paying for yet another box unnecessarily.

PS: Guess maybe I might add this tip. Shipping to a business address is WAY cheaper than to your house. I had mine sent to my workplace. I bought 7 items including a sunscreen, decals, keychains, a new grille emblem, the trunk lock emblem, etc. Shipping to Indiana was $6.94

Thanks to rush_junky for sending a spare disc spacer so I could mount the new Shelby GT emblem in my brushed-look faux gas cap. Turned out great!

Had to pull the car out for a wash today so I can detail it next week in the garage when the cold and snow return. Heading up to an indoor car show in South Dakota in a week and a half.

Here's a shot of the back of the car. Didn't get a close-up of the emblem yet - that'll have to wait since it's all taped up while the adhesive cures. I like the Shelby GT emblem much better than the Tiffany Snake emblem that was on it. Trying to get all the Tiffany Snake emblems off the car - waiting for Shelby's supplier to get the Shelby GT fuse box cover made, and need to get a set of Shelby GT wheel center caps.

post-25829-0-86766600-1296336230_thumb.jpg

post-25829-0-86766600-1296336230_thumb.jpg

Thought I would add that I received the center piece. For those enthusiasts that have not seen this part up close, I will mention that this is a simply beautifully crafted metal medallion. It has crisp sharp reliefs and raised areas and is wonderfully finished. Ironically, it looks just like a modern OEM piece, but it is made of stamped and coated metal just like my old original 1955 Ford F-100 Horn Button was from the Ford Motor Company. Made me smile to see that.

When I cleaned up the original rear faux gas cap, I noticed some very slight "corrosion" or pitting on the original chrome bezel. A little bit of Mothers Aluminum/Chrome Polish cleaned that right up. I was especially careful to clean down around the edge where the new medallion would fit in as it would be more difficult to polish there in the future (The crevice around the perimeter of the GT emblem). Once the overall chrome piece was clean, I wiped it down about 3-4 times with fresh paper towels and rubbing alcohol. Once dry, I simply pulled the backing off of the new emblem and carefully placed it over the GT emblem. It looks PERFECT on the back of these cars!

This is a very, very nice piece that fits perfectly and looks great. One of the very few items I have purchased that easily went into place and fit/performed/looked as expected with no modifications.

Thank you Shelby for making this exclusive piece for us Shelby GT owners. I love it.

• 1 month later...

Archived