TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Team Shelby Driving Events

robertlane

Team Shelby is proud to announce that in conjunction with the Team Shelby Regional groups, we're bringing back the Team Shelby Driving Events. :banvictory:

We'll be announcing the first driving event within the next few weeks and another shortly after that. You'll be able to learn more about each event in its specific forum, which can be found here.

Along with other activities, the Team Shelby Driving Events will provide professional driving instruction along with plenty of track time. We hope that you'll bring your Shelby (Dodge or Ford), however, other Mustangs and Ford products are also welcomed.

We encourage you to attend an event and make new friends while you are provided with a top notch driving event in your part of the country!

Team Shelby is happy to get Shelby back on the track - where the brand was born!

Updated 23 January 2011:

Shelby College Station Texas Driving Event.

Shelby Does Sebring Driving Event.

Historically....there has never been anything in Oregon or WA. You must drive to CA.

Not happening for me. :banghead:

We will happily plan a track event in the PNW given demand.

Track events are not cheap to put on and there are hard costs regardless of the number of attendees.

PNW Team Shelby members - please contact me with your interest.

To keep event cost in the same range as the Bash or Texas 350, we would need at least 60 full track participants to break even.

I await your inputs.

Historically....there has never been anything in Oregon or WA. You must drive to CA.

Rob

After tracking our car for the first time at the Bash;WOW Theses cars are too much fun not to just let them go all out.

You have to get some more seat time. You have had your Baby for what 3.5 years and 7k on it. Rob if you live another 40 years and continue with your Historical mileage that won't even put you at 90K.

You and Tanya should think about some road trips that include track time.

I am hoping Alex has some track time booked for our next visit to PS.I am hooked ;Lisa was driving parade laps at the Bash Next is to get her out with an instructor on a track.

If you really want to do something it just takes some planning. never say never

Lisa and I hear Texas calling. I feel another road trip in the making happy%20feet.gif

Glen

We will happily plan a track event in the PNW given demand.

Track events are not cheap to put on and there are hard costs regardless of the number of attendees.

PNW Team Shelby members - please contact me with your interest.

To keep event cost in the same range as the Bash or Texas 350, we would need at least 60 full track participants to break even.

I await your inputs.

As a PNW member here's my post to express interest- :shift:

Maybe an event could be combined with the local SAAC club, they usually host two Open Track Events a year with room to spare. No dates yet for 2011

http://www.saacnw.org/trackday.htm

=-=-=-=-=--=-=-

Rob, you are correct. The new Team Shelby Regional Group structure's goal is to change this.

Maybe something for us canadians .... say maybe Calgary !!!!

We would LOVE to do an event in Canada. The last when we did (when I was in Dearborn) was on the Ontario/Quebec border and it was great.

This is great news! :drool:

I highly recommend Lime Rock, since its closest to me. :happy feet:

In any event, the more advance notice the better!

Guys, the idea for the regions is to do what hasnt happened in the past. Spread events across the US for all Team Shelby members. Each Regional director will be looking at events that will serve thier regions well. As a part of that, access and driving time will be looked at as will teaming up with other organizations such as SAAC and SVTOA. I undertsand the excitement. Please be patient. Im sure you all realize you dont put a track event together in a weekend. YOU can speed things up in one way, contact your RM to help set something up. Igf it doesnt happen this year, dont feel thats a bad thing. Track dates are notalways easy to come by and therefore, forward planning is a must.

We will also be looking at car shows, get togethers, cruises, coffees, whatever you guys would like to tackle. So, if your pestimistic about your area, its your own fault. We are here to help you make it happen.

so if you would like to see any type of event in your area please contact any of the Regional Directors and offer to help plan and work the event because we will be looking for your help to make it a success!!

Randy,

You might check with the owners at Heartland Park in Topeka about having a dedicated TS Event sometime in the next year or two... But for now, what about picking one of the already scheduled Wednesday Night dates from their 2011 Touring Club list and see what kind of turn-out we can get from around the area???

Heartland Park Touring Club

For only $65 per driver, we wouldn't have to worry about providing any of the manpower needed for Tech Insp, Corner Workers, Safety Crews... Heck they even have a few licensed SCCA instructors on hand to help with the Novice drivers... And depending on the weather and the expected size of that month's crowd, they might even have the concession stand open... Having taken my SGT there 5-6 times in the past 3 years, I have never driven home thinking that I didn't get enough driving time for my $$$ shift.gif

And yes I realize that we would be running on the track with just about every make and model of car that shows up for now... However, if there is enough support from the Shelby/Ford owners in the area, I'm sure management at the track would be open to something just for us down the road... Might even be able to schedule something for a Sat or Sun, depending on the number of cars...

Gregg

07SGT0547

FYI ~ They even have a resident photographer who attends on a regular basis and posts his shots (like mine in my signature) on a very professional website for you to purchase and download...

Once you start recording lap times and keeping track, and a points system, you loose your insurance, and event insurance turns into ridiculous amounts. That is competition, and boy is it a totally different animal. Competition insurance turns a 300.00 track day into a 3000.00 track DAY. Racing is very much a contact sport, and with all the "a" personalities here, I think Shelbys would become rare really quick!:hysterical:

Once you start recording lap times and keeping track, and a points system, you loose your insurance, and event insurance turns into ridiculous amounts. That is competition, and boy is it a totally different animal. Competition insurance turns a 300.00 track day into a 3000.00 track DAY. Racing is very much a contact sport, and with all the "a" personalities here, I think Shelbys would become rare really quick!:hysterical:

I know it would spark some competition but that doesn't mean bumping the guy in front of you since you wouldn't actually be racing him but the clock instead. It's pretty easy to find an open spot on the track since they don't usually run more than 10 or 12 cars at a time. I'm sure it won't happen but would be fun and add some incentive to attend more track events.

Who are the regional directors? You should place a link in this thread to each region to encourage active participation.

East coast one would be hugh. Some suggestions Lime Rock, Pocono, Watkins Glenn, Miller Motorsport park NJ and Raceway park NJ (I know the director of racing here)

Thunderbolt raceway @ NJMP is an awesome track and would be perfect for bolt shelby GT's and GT500's. I speak from experience at this track with my gt and friends GT500's. All of us were able to run the cars hard with out much difficulty learning the course. It's an easy, fun, fast, and safe track, with hotel accommadations 15 minutes away. Thunderbolt would be my suggestion, however watkins glen, limerock, and Beaverun are also great tracks i would love go to.

Aside from racing, this past fall i did a cruise with Lehigh Valley SAAC region. It was 3 hrs, 120 miles, and mostly twisty rural roads outside of hershey. The cruise was alot of fun and provided wonderful scenery (Shelby's and nature alike).

Archived