TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Time to Compare KR & Boss

I think it is a great question...both have great history and lineage. I guess there are several categories to compare:

From a performance perspective, It's kind of like the compare between the Boss 302 and Boss 429....or the '70 Mach 1 with the 351 verus the 428, but not exactly. One has more horsepower while the other can be quciker and more nimble. Handling appears to go to the Boss.

Styling: well, this is all subjective...I like the looks of the 07-09 better than anything else, so things like the KR hood put it way ahead in my opinion. I also do not like the laguna seca styling...the seemingly random colors (like the painted roof and ring around the grill) look ricey to me.

Collectability / Exclusivity....well, I won't even go there.

Honestly, I'd like to have a new Boss....but wouldn't trade my KR to do it.

I would like to have the Boss Laguna seca for a track car. To race it on the track!! The KR is my street machine with more syling and performance of any other Mustang. So, what came after the Boss 302? It ends with 429. I'll bet that Ford has plans for something similar. I'll wait for that.

The KR is another league. No real comparrison from my frame of reference. The Shelby KR absolutely blows away the Boss in the looks/curb appeal category and just generally has all the cards. The Boss appears to be weighted towards the more functional, durable, road course beater which does not interest me in the least. The Boss edition in its various iterations will be farted off the assembly line in greater #s than many of us currently expect and will suffer some rather painfull depreciation hits when compared to the KR at current prices. Looks really matter to the vast majority of enthusiasts here and the KR is argueably the most strikingly beautiful Stang out there.

The KR is another league. No real comparrison from my frame of reference. The Shelby KR absolutely blows away the Boss in the looks/curb appeal category and just generally has all the cards. The Boss appears to be weighted towards the more functional, durable, road course beater which does not interest me in the least. The Boss edition in its various iterations will be farted off the assembly line in greater #s than many of us currently expect and will suffer some rather painfull depreciation hits when compared to the KR at current prices. Looks really matter to the vast majority of enthusiasts here and the KR is argueably the most strikingly beautiful Stang out there.

I agee in the looks dept . From the pictures i have seen the thing still sits TF high in the back . Why can't Ford get this issue fixed ? I also don't like the boy racer looks with the 69 style stripes. Maybe they will use the 70's style for 2013 which will help tone it down a bit . Now as far as all around perfomance we shall see . I do like the fact there is no supercharger ( cause i grew up with this ) and the weight is down.

Speedyman: +1.

I am next in line for a LS Boss 302 at my local dealer. I think the LS's will be more limited in production. I have no info on what Ford plans to do productoin wise with the Boss. That would definitely help my purchasing decision.

I wouldn't trade the KR for a Boss though but would like to add a Boss to the stable.

Archived