TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Higher pump prices coming your way this spring

Pump prices around $3 may look like a bargain by spring :banghead:

Gas pump prices that are around $3 a gallon now may seem like a bargain by the time your kids are on Easter egg hunts.

Pump prices have risen nearly 9 percent since Dec. 1 and topped $3.10 a gallon this week. That's the highest level since October 2008. The price may rise or fall a little over the next few months, but analysts expect it to range between $3.20 and $3.75 gallon by March and April ahead of the summer driving season.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Higher-pump-prices-coming-apf-1797090788.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

Gas pump prices that are around $3 a gallon now may seem like a bargain by the time your kids are on Easter egg hunts.

Pump prices have risen nearly 9 percent since Dec. 1 and topped $3.10 a gallon this week. That's the highest level since October 2008. The price may rise or fall a little over the next few months, but analysts expect it to range between $3.20 and $3.75 gallon by March and April ahead of the summer driving season.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/Higher-pump-prices-coming-apf-1797090788.html?x=0&sec=topStories&pos=5&asset=&ccode=

Well guess what? The other angle of this is the one that no-one thinks about...

The old addage: "If you bought it...a truck brought it." Anything we buy will now go up, as freight $$$ will increase as a direct affect!

In my home town gas ranges from $3.75 to $4.10 a gallon already. Taxes up here in Canada are pretty heavy on gas so if gas goes up a bunch this year we could tickle the $5.00 a gallon price. I know where I live, gas is pretty reasonable compared to the rest of the country.

Oh well, I guess it's all part of life anyway.

It just makes things so cheap when I head south. $3.00 a gallon gas seams like it's almost like it's free compared to what we pay. I guess it depends on perspective and I have been programmed to pay a bunch for gas.

QSS

Have those high prices right now....

Well guess what? The other angle of this is the one that no-one thinks about...

The old addage: "If you bought it...a truck brought it." Anything we buy will now go up, as freight $$$ will increase as a direct affect!

Chris,

You nailed it. This will in turn stall our nascent economic recovery later this year and next. Talk about a perfect storm going into next year's presidential election. BO is going to have his work cut out for himself and the D's.

If both parties keep this charade going for the real owners as George Carlin would say then expect to see folks write in Hugo Chavez and his .25 a gallon gas in the next election what good is freedom of the road if the average guy cant afford the gas? Screwed dude war for oil my arse wheres the cheap gas? It was. .99 when the crap started boy Id love to triple my business prices and have a captive audience OPEC blows....

Yep. And the world might end this spring, too. :hysterical:

Yeah...............................................it's supposed to end on May 21st............................I hope not, I've got a big car show that weekend!

:confused:

Yeah,damn those greedy oil companies--or for that matter any company that exploits the users. Take for example the gas prices in Saudi Arabia, 65 cents a gallon because they are sitting on the mother lode. Screw us here in Pennsylvania sitting on the Marcellus natural gas mother lode--bet you we won't be getting a big price break anytime soon. GREEDY---- GREEDY-----GREEDY :censored:

Yeah,damn those greedy oil companies--or for that matter any company that exploits the users. Take for example the gas prices in Saudi Arabia, 65 cents a gallon because they are sitting on the mother lode. Screw us here in Pennsylvania sitting on the Marcellus natural gas mother lode--bet you we won't be getting a big price break anytime soon. GREEDY---- GREEDY-----GREEDY :censored:

joebob,

If you want to talk GREEDY, try getting a pair of Super Bowl tickets in Dallas for the Packer - Steeler game on 2/6 for less than $1k. Now that's GREEDY.

joebob,

If you want to talk GREEDY, try getting a pair of Super Bowl tickets in Dallas for the Packer - Steeler game on 2/6 for less than $1k. Now that's GREEDY.

"DALLAS SUCKS"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :hysterical:

Yeah...............................................it's supposed to end on May 21st............................I hope not, I've got a big car show that weekend!

:confused:

Exactly.

I don't understand all the dialog about gas prices!

They are - what they are. You want it - you fill up and pay.

Talk about something you can change? Like helping us save money with budget tips!

Here's one: extinguish the Bong before bed. :happy feet:

A couple of weeks ago it shot up fast to $3.13 9 for Reg. at the station I go to and then this week it has started to drop. Yesterday, it dropped to $3.03 9 for Reg. As much as they change the prices, I still don't understand why they are still using the 9/10 of a Cent. Is there a reason for it? :headscratch:

With the recent situation in Egypt and possibly in some other crucial areas of the Middle East, gas prices might rise to 5 dollars a gallon!! Look out everyone,hope that part of the world doesn't spiral out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shift:

A couple of weeks ago it shot up fast to $3.13 9 for Reg. at the station I go to and then this week it has started to drop. Yesterday, it dropped to $3.03 9 for Reg. As much as they change the prices, I still don't understand why they are still using the 9/10 of a Cent. Is there a reason for it? :headscratch:

Yes. :hysterical:

With the recent situation in Egypt and possibly in some other crucial areas of the Middle East, gas prices might rise to 5 dollars a gallon!! Look out everyone,hope that part of the world doesn't spiral out of control!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shift:

:runaway:

Archived