TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Interior Mod - Console by Gary Disney

Grabber

I just took a look, he shows an all orange one with a black stripe but no black with orange stripe. Shoot him an e-mail, he'll probably work with you. I think he makes most of his products after they have been ordered. He is top notch with customer service. I've seen none better.

Hans, Gary here. First of all, I would like to thank everyone for the great comments and to Rob for posting the cool photos of the console, the car (& the Dog__whats his name?) Hans, the console should have had extra padding. If you want t send it back to me, I'll make sure to have extra foam added. The is a 1/4" under the leather, but I can add another layer and it will be even more padded.

Also, just to let everyone know, your welcome to contact use at any time for any of these type upgrades. We are thrilled to be a Team Shelby supplier and are excited to do all the cool stuff you all want.Email me

I just saw this, must of missed it.

Gary call me today and we had a talk, he is concerned that we are all happy. That is over and above quality customer service. He said that he can double the padding for me and some how it got missed in production. When I get the chance in a few weeks I will send it back. this is a custom item and he wants to get them right :happy feet: So thank you Gary.

great mach for your car. I love my interior upgrade from Gary. ithin that if you could get the orange stitch throughout your car it would look amazing. congrats and enjoy!

I've been drooling over this look. What would prevent someone from having this done locally or thru someone who has their own embroidery machine?

Speaking specifically about the headrest since you can still get the arm rest from Gary

If Shelby already made a like product, they could possibly go after whoever made it for you because you would technically be "taking money out of their pocket" (paying somoene else to do it, rather than paying Shelby for the product).

But since Shelby doesn't make a like product, you're not costing them a dime by having a friend make one for you. It's possible they could go after your friend for copying their.....well, in this case I'm not sure if either a facsimilie or Carroll Shelby's signature of the GT500 is copyrighted, but if either was they *could* send a letter demanding s/he cease & desist. And that would be the end of that (no further action would be warranted).

However, if the same friend that makes yours for you gets the idea that s/he can make a few bucks by selling them to the GP, s/he would be infringing on the Shelby Copyright and/or Trademark (and making MONEY from it).

So as long as there isn't any money being made, you're pretty safe....AND, it's a "one off" (i.e. not mass produced). Quite frankly, it's more about money than anything else. But understand that BY LAW, Shelby MUST go after anyone infringing on their copyright. If they do not, they stand to lose the copyright. They don't do it because they are being pricks, they do it becase THEY HAVE TO...or they WILL lose their copyright to the item.

I have friends who have been sponsores for our Race Team. One has a sign shop in Morgan Hill CA and they also started doing embroidery. Another had a sign shop in Pacific Grove. I've brought him copyrighted material to have vinyals made (a HUGE Hoosier Tire logo for the wing on my car).. He even included the little copyright symbol on the decal. No problem since I'm not selling it, making money from it, etc.

Same with our drivers firesuit. We had all kinds of copyright material sewn onto it. No money made, no foul.

And why I will have a friend make me a set of headrests in Blue, like Grabber has on his car.....FOR FREE.

Having said that, I AM NOT A COPYRIGHT LAWYER (but I do have a GOOD friend that is one and she gives me all the advice I ask for).

Phill

• 2 weeks later...

I sent back my arm rest the other day for more padding. My thought is that since this is custom you'd think they would have better padding. It was very pricy to remail with insurance. I did not save much from the big sale. I also sent back my orginal arm rest, he offered me $25.00 for that, I would think half price the cost of a new one from ford. So now I got a pillow as a arm rest. :baby:

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Guys, thanks for all the comments on our headrests. As you might not be aware, I have tried every option to get these headrests out to all of you. I appreciate all the kind comments and the wish to

make this happen. Truth be told. I purchased a good bunch of the headrests from the KR program to have cores to get these done. Unfortunately, Shelby licensing responded that they have too many

vendors in the interior items and could not approve us a vendor. They also mentioned quality concerns without even looking at the product. Grabber can tell you about the quality. TOP NOTCH.

I have spoken to Robert Lang several times and maybe one day he can figure out a way that we can make these all for you again. I hope to meet them someone from Shelby face to face at the Sebring FL

show, and I will bring the product to give them a set. I hope everyone reading this thread can post a +1 you want them and maybe the response will make it happen. Please do not PM me and ask me to sell

these too you, as I can not and will not.

Phil - I agree, if your not reselling it, do what you want on your own car. I don't see it any different then putting shelby across your windsheild at a sign shop. They all will do it.

Grabber - Hold on those collector edition pieces.. The only orange ones in existence!

Feel free to contact us about other headrest and custom designs for your mustangs via pm or at cognettac@gmail.com. We can do ZPORTA on your headrests in BLUE ZPORTA!

Thank you for your support everyone.

Hey Guys, thanks for all the comments on our headrests. As you might not be aware, I have tried every option to get these headrests out to all of you. I appreciate all the kind comments and the wish to

make this happen. Truth be told. I purchased a good bunch of the headrests from the KR program to have cores to get these done. Unfortunately, Shelby licensing responded that they have too many

vendors in the interior items and could not approve us a vendor. They also mentioned quality concerns without even looking at the product. Grabber can tell you about the quality. TOP NOTCH.

I have spoken to Robert Lang several times and maybe one day he can figure out a way that we can make these all for you again. I hope to meet them someone from Shelby face to face at the Sebring FL

show, and I will bring the product to give them a set. I hope everyone reading this thread can post a +1 you want them and maybe the response will make it happen. Please do not PM me and ask me to sell

Phil - I agree, if your not reselling it, do what you want on your own car. I don't see it any different then putting shelby across your windsheild at a sign shop. They all will do it.

Grabber - Hold on those collector edition pieces.. The only orange ones in existence!

Feel free to contact us about other headrest and custom designs for your mustangs via pm or at cognettac@gmail.com. We can do ZPORTA on your headrests in BLUE ZPORTA!

Hope my BJ set is still in the works............... GG

+1, +1, +1, +1. I want a set with the GT500 in Red and the CS sig in Silver or White, and I want it NOW!!!

It is odd that a decent headrest can't make it to market.

People (i.e. Shelby American) are losing money on this.

I grabbed the photo's you posted of the headrests from your very first post on them. I wanted to get a set of the blue ones.

But I also *knew*, the second you posted them that Shelby was gonna be all over you/CC for making them.

So with the photo you posted and a friend with a embroidery machine, I'm having my own made for myself.

That alone is a couple hun Shelby misses out on and I know of others that are going to do (or are doing) the same thing.

Frankly, I don't understand why SAI/SPP won't offer them to the public. I've heard that they too closely resemble the KR headrests and I'll be the first to say that they do (closely resemble, but NOT identical). Close, but no cigar.

So I'll roll my OWN cigar!

Money money money money monnnney,

Phill (what I save, SPP loses)

Archived