TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New stuff at RPM Outlet

90GT

Comp Cams

Crane Cams

Crower Cams

The Fast and C&L True Racer Intake Manifolds are listed in the right hand column under intake manifold options. Clicking on either link just brings up a page stating coming soon. :headscratch:

Nice to see we now have three choices of cams for our cars. I'm most interested in the Crane Stage II cams because they work with the stock computer and provide strong low end power (I'm a torque junky). Redline is 5800 for the Stage II cams. I figure these cams coupled with ported heads, the Fast Intake Manifold, 3.73's, and long tube headers should give me close to 400 HP at the flywheel. :shift:

Here he goes again with the Bumps.... :finger:

90 - I can't find the Fast intake listed. How much hp are they claiming and how much $$? Why wouldn't you want the Stage III's? You'd love the idle! And - if you decide to put on a blower, you can run more boost with those cams. My guy says he can give me a safe 500 at the wheels.

Here he goes again with the Bumps.... :finger:

90 - I can't find the Fast intake listed. How much hp are they claiming and how much $$? Why wouldn't you want the Stage III's? You'd love the idle! And - if you decide to put on a blower, you can run more boost with those cams. My guy says he can give me a safe 500 at the wheels.

Ruf,

Here's a link to the GT page on RPMOUTLET.COM: RPMOUTLET MUSTANG GT

The C&L and Fast Intake Manifolds are in the fourth section on the left hand side of the page. No information is given unfortunately. Hopefully with them being listed they can't be too far away from being able to purchase.

As far as the cams go, I want a cam that won't cause any loss in the lower to mid range power. The Crane stage two cams increase power in the mid range where I want it. The Crane stage two and the Comp Cams stage three are within 5 hp of each other according to the stats posted.

post-6180-1172957567_thumb.jpgpost-6180-1172957588_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1172957567_thumb.jpg

post-6180-1172957588_thumb.jpg

Let's keep this thread going please. I am very interested in both a cam selection and one of these intakes hopefully coming out this year. I too am looking for a nice mid-range torque increase. If these items combined net me 30-35 rwhp/rwtg I'd be a happy camper.

http://www.cranecams.com/pdf/PP1105B.pdf

I found some new info regarding the Crane cam selections. These might be a no go due to the possible valve to piston contact. Read the sub-section below the product item #'s for codes a,b.

Dam, glad you found that!!! So I'd have to change pistons to run the Crane cams??? WTF!!! Oh well, now it's back to the Comp Cams Stage III grinds. I'll have to check out the Crower cams more closely but I think I'll stay with Comp Cams.

From the information I have been able to gather Comp or Crower cams will be the choice for my '05. I like the stage 2 selection because of the jump up in mid-range torque but most of the shops I have spoken to say go w/ stage 3. Stages one and two are only there for stage 3. Comp and Crower stage 2's have very similar numbers/set-up.

I am still saving so I have some more time to make up my mind.

I called Melvin down at Fastlane Motorsports (who tuned my car) today.

He's had no word yet on the FAST intake.

(sigh)

Stay tuned!

Hopefully it will be out soon Ruf. I'm curious to see what it will cost and what gains can be had from it.

Archived