TEAM SHELBY FORUM

GT 500 stripes on new Indy Camaro?

sudden

I was watching Barrett Jackson and they showed the new govenment motors camero pace car. Hey, what the heck, It has Shelby stripes. Can"t they think of another design besides imitating our cars? Looks like a rip off. SUDDEN.

I was watching Barrett Jackson and they showed the new govenment motors camero pace car. Hey, what the heck, It has Shelby stripes. Can"t they think of another design besides imitating our cars? Looks like a rip off. SUDDEN.

ROTFLMAO...I guess you've never seen a 1967 Z/28 then, huh?

Runway stripes have been around LONNNNNNG before Shelby first put 'em on a car.

Phill Pollard

LOL...yeah, who "stole" what?

Phill

Since they were clearly trying to make a play off of thier own Camaro history with the old indy pace car next to it, I don't understand why they didn't stick with orange ralley stripes on just the hood and trunk. The full length Shelby stripes just don't look right for a Camaro. The red color for the stripes was strange as well.

Since they were clearly trying to make a play off of thier own Camaro history with the old indy pace car next to it, I don't understand why they didn't stick with orange ralley stripes on just the hood and trunk. The full length Shelby stripes just don't look right for a Camaro. The red color for the stripes was strange as well.

Your talking about Chevrolet...................as if they know what they are doing......... :hysterical:

Did they have the dual stripes over the *top* of the car (i.e. roof)?

Because that *is* a departure from the 1st gen camaro. Not many people realize that they only had hood & trunk stripes on the Z's (and only the Z/28).

I also don't ever remember seeing a Pace Car in anything other than a convertable. Did they even make a Camaro Indy Pace Car in a coupe? And IIRC, all I remember is a '69 model.

My guess on why they didn't do a White/orange combo this time is because quite frankly, I think they were just plain ass UUUGly (IMHO).

Silver/black was my favorite but most likely because my best friend had a Silver/black '69 Z (DZ 302) that I built the engine on for him. They were amazing little engines and his *started* pulling hard at 7,000 RPM, shifted it at 9,000 RPM. He wanted a "drag racing" engine so I built him a DRAG RACING ENGINE (it was damn near USELESS on the street)!

Another good friend had a '70 Z/28 AT that was Green/white and it didn't look bad either.

I just never did like the orange stripes on the Pace Car editions.

JMHO,

Phill (showing my age!)

Here's one from the History Books (1950's Cunningham C4R)... Look Familiar???

Cunningham_C4R.JPG

Gregg

07SGT0547

Here's one from the History Books (1950's Cunningham C4R)... Look Familiar???

Cunningham_C4R.JPG

Gregg

07SGT0547

I know these stripes, they are the american racing colors of the time. I am talking about the new camero pace car for 2011. It has Shelby stripes not camero stripes. Look closely, they are like ours. You can get a good look today at the BJ auction. They rear stripes are identlical. SUDDEN.

Archived