TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How well do the JBA long tube headers fit

dingo2008

Just wondering does any one have the JBA long tube headers for a 2007-2009 gt500 and how well do they fit, performance gains? I can get a good deal on some and was wondering if I should buy these or get kooks or american racing or slp or another brand? Thanks Ryan

Have the JBA full exhaust: 1 3/4 LTs, 3" x-pipe w/o cats, 3" Shelby/JBA mufflers on my '07 SuperSnake 'vert. Made 734rwhp on Dynojet last month @ Quantum in Dallas. High quality parts. Have had them for a couple of years now. Just ordered DynaTech coated 1 7/8" LTs for different engine build. Thanks,JW

Have the JBA full exhaust: 1 3/4 LTs, 3" x-pipe w/o cats, 3" Shelby/JBA mufflers on my '07 SuperSnake 'vert. Made 734rwhp on Dynojet last month @ Quantum in Dallas. High quality parts. Have had them for a couple of years now. Just ordered DynaTech coated 1 7/8" LTs for different engine build. Thanks,JW

Do you have to have 3" after the cat? And if not would I have to buy a 3" to 2 1/2" reducer to keep 2 1/2" after the x pipe? I'd like to get the ceramic coated stainless steel 1 3/4" long tube headers but can buy the plain stainless ones foe $610. So buy ceramic coated ones right away or buy these and have them coated? Only looking for 650 rwhp or a little more so no need for more than 1 3/4" headers I'm guessing. What's your opinion, would like the ceramic coated to keep heat down and they don't turn yellow then

Have the JBA full exhaust: 1 3/4 LTs, 3" x-pipe w/o cats, 3" Shelby/JBA mufflers on my '07 SuperSnake 'vert. Made 734rwhp on Dynojet last month @ Quantum in Dallas. High quality parts. Have had them for a couple of years now.

I've had the same set up for a couple years as well. 703 rwhp and 618 torque last week at the Bash.

Do you have to have 3" after the cat? And if not would I have to buy a 3" to 2 1/2" reducer to keep 2 1/2" after the x pipe? I'd like to get the ceramic coated stainless steel 1 3/4" long tube headers but can buy the plain stainless ones foe $610. So buy ceramic coated ones right away or buy these and have them coated? Only looking for 650 rwhp or a little more so no need for more than 1 3/4" headers I'm guessing. What's your opinion, would like the ceramic coated to keep heat down and they don't turn yellow then

Guess you could reduce down to 2 1/2" after the x-pipe....I think JBA offers the x-pipe with hi-flow cats in both 2 1/2" & 3" & offroad pipe in both sizes,too. Thanks, JW

Archived