TEAM SHELBY FORUM

When was your baby born?

thewheelman

It's snowing, temps in the 30's and dropping, my baby is snug in the garage, but I've been cleaning out, sorting, shuffling and re-filing some of my Mustang documentation. I was looking at my SVT Cert and wondered.........

What was the first date of production for the GT 500?

What was your baby's date of (birth) production?

Mine was built on 5/12/06: #19 of 2695 verts and #2 of 108 in Alloy Metallic.

too funny .... here i am thinking of my only son ... should have realized its ALL ABOUT THE CAR :hysterical:

My 2007 Ford Mustang GT500 coupe Torch red was built in mid nov 2006 and delivered to the rail yard in tampa on Dec 6th ... a friday in the am.

Knowing this in advance and not wanting to wait to get the car on monday or Tuesday ... I took the day off ... and got prior persmission from Ford's Zone office and from the dealer I work for to physically pick the car up at the rail yard .... What a sight ..... definitly love at first sight :happy feet: :happy feet:

post-7556-0-74049900-1295545879_thumb.jpg

post-7556-0-74049900-1295545879_thumb.jpg

Ordered January 1, 2007......Built February 22, 2007.......

Your car is a mirror/negative image of mine.

It's funny how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I had a 1970 Pontiac Trans-Am RA-IV/4-spd that was White with a Blue stripe and I always wished I had a Blue TA with a White stripe.

So when I started looking for a GT500 to buy I specifically looked for a BLUE car with WHITE stripes. I looked all over the US for one. Not with silver stripes, not black stripes, but WHITE stripes (which is why I won't upgrade to a Super Snake).

Now, after seeing your car.......sheesh, that White car w/Blue stripes sure looks good! LOL

Is the grass REALLY that green?

Phill

Your car is a mirror/negative image of mine.

It's funny how the grass is always greener on the other side of the fence.

I had a 1970 Pontiac Trans-Am RA-IV/4-spd that was White with a Blue stripe and I always wished I had a Blue TA with a White stripe.

So when I started looking for a GT500 to buy I specifically looked for a BLUE car with WHITE stripes. I looked all over the US for one. Not with silver stripes, not black stripes, but WHITE stripes (which is why I won't upgrade to a Super Snake).

Now, after seeing your car.......sheesh, that White car w/Blue stripes sure looks good! LOL

Is the grass REALLY that green?

Phill

Thanks Phill... That's huge coming from you. :salute: I dunno, but I toyed with the reverse for months before I actually checked off the color choice on my VIP order form. I had always said that I would do white / blue stripes, cause of the heritage color thing. Then as I found out I was gettin' a car :drool:......when it came to crunch time, and the form was in front of me, and my wife in my ear, well, you can see what we did! The picture that was on my office wall (laminated) was a blue / white stripe coupe, for the longest time prior to finding out that I could actually order one of these. To this day I keep that photo for the memories! I guess my story is sorta like Wick's...he had a pic. on his desk with a saying..."My Wicked Shelby". Aaaawwww, the stories. Too bad I got no kids or grand kids to sit around and tell someday. Lol!

It's snowing, temps in the 30's and dropping, my baby is snug in the garage, but I've been cleaning out, sorting, shuffling and re-filing some of my Mustang documentation. I was looking at my SVT Cert and wondered.........

What was the first date of production for the GT 500?

What was your baby's date of (birth) production?

Mine was built on 5/12/06: #19 of 2695 verts and #2 of 108 in Alloy Metallic.

Your car is a pre-production unit. The first day of production was 6/6/2006.

Mine was built 6/27/2006.

bj

Ordered January 1, 2007......Built February 22, 2007.......

This is a cool thread. It got me thinking. I saw (because of this thread) that Glen's car (glroy) was built on the same day as mine!!! He has his build date on his sig.

I confirmed through Enis (SonofGt), using our two VIN #'s that Glens car went down the line on Feb.22, 2007, and my car was 192 cars later that same day! :happy feet:

Crazy from a happenstance meeting on this forum to get that close?

This is a cool thread. It got me thinking. I saw (because of this thread) that Glen's car (glroy) was built on the same day as mine!!! He has his build date on his sig.

I confirmed through Enis (SonofGt), using our two VIN #'s that Glens car went down the line on Feb.22, 2007, and my car was 192 cars later that same day! :happy feet:

Crazy from a happenstance meeting on this forum to get that close?

That's what my goal was in starting this thread.....find some one with the same build date as mine.....actually, looking for some more pre-production cars!

Thanks for all your replies!

Hey msb........

Is that 'your' carbon footprint offset in the street there??? Or will you come clean???

:hysterical:

HI Bikeboy,

Ah...You noticed my neighbors "California - politically correct" car in the background which offsets my car. However right next door to them my other friends on our street have an F350 and a Hummer! Loads of HP on our street! Plus a 2009 Z06 at the end of the street so I am not the fastest anymore!

msbmustang54

Archived