TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Back from my vacation.

JWG223

I am happy you made a decision that you are happy with...................................life is full of lessons......................experience is the best teacher !!

.DogPoundCruisersPics003.jpg?t=1295527679

You will learn things about the GT 500........................shortly after you take delivery of your ZO6..........................................that only other Vette owners know.................best of luck in the future !!

Well, I was originally going to wait to post pix of the car, but I figured I might as well post pix of the whole process.

Here is where I left off...

343me1e.jpg

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/60521-2011-gt500-tops-the-vette/page__st__60__p__1033442#entry1033442

...here is where I am now:

2eygl5f.jpg

nice car--good luck---im a vert guy so didnt go that direction,but i do luv vettes, had a few

Thankyou, all! I continue to think the GT500 is a great car, but there remained issues about it that were deal-breakers for me. The transmission, 155mph speed governor, and the solid rear-axle were chief among them.

I know the SRA has been made to work very well, but I wanted a car with IRS.

I didn't want to deal with transmission issues that the manufacturer had a proven record of refusing to fix.

I might want to run the TX mile at some point, and the 155 limiter would force me to chose losing my warranty, or not taking part in that event to my fullest ability.

For $8,5XX difference between a Z06 optioned how I wanted and a GT500 optioned how I wanted, I chose the Z06.

Again, thanks to this board for helping me decide which of these awesome automobiles best suited me! It's good to be back and posting.

ETA:

What is it exactly that I need to take delivery of my Z06 to learn about the GT500?

Here's what I didn't know about the GT 500....................................till I bought one..

Heads turn when you drive by.

Kids on bikes give you the " thumbs up ".

The police " notice " you.

Drivers of " rice burners " rev their motors as you drive by.

Camaro & Challenger owners are annoyed @ your presence.

Old men @ McDonalds tell how sharp your car is.

People walking their dogs past my house comment on how nice the car is.......................( these aren't " car " people )

I was parked in a shopping center, a women pulled up next to me in a SUV..................rolled down her window & asked if she could take pictures of the car !! She liked the color combo, & her husband, ( a Vette owner ) was thinking about trading it in on a GT 500.....( which he did ) ( 2011 SVT coupe ), she wanted to let him know what she thought was a good looking car.

..............................There are more instances, but I've only had the car since 3 July 2010..

But the biggest thing you will learn...................................you're driving a 2011 Z06 Corvette convertable..............................................& nobody cares !!

.theChevylot-10-17-10002.jpg?t=1295554888

.............................Hard lessons are the ones best learned..

True - vettes look to be a dime a dozen and few notice the differences between stock vettes. But this guy really wanted one this whole time, so I'm happy for you JWG223. I wish I had your money sense, I always get my cars fully loaded :cry: .... you saved a pretty penny for sure. Great car, you'll soon find out where every pot hole and rut in the road is and how to drive cautiously up and down drive ways. Enjoy your new fast ride.

The C6 Z06 is a sweet car. A true budget supercar. But they are not the most comfortable car to drive on a daily basis. Also be carefull if you plan on running it down the quarter mile....I've seen Z06's kiss the wall at the track more than any other car. That IRS gets very twitchy when you get out of the groove. Enjoy the new ride!!

The C6 Z06 is a sweet car. A true budget supercar. But they are not the most comfortable car to drive on a daily basis. Also be carefull if you plan on running it down the quarter mile....I've seen Z06's kiss the wall at the track more than any other car. That IRS gets very twitchy when you get out of the groove. Enjoy the new ride!!

Thanks! I have my little 4-banger Infiniti for my DD. Plan on leaving it in comp. mode if I get aggressive with it. Nannies are nice when you're not Evan Smith.

Here's what I didn't know about the GT 500....................................till I bought one..

Heads turn when you drive by.

Kids on bikes give you the " thumbs up ".

The police " notice " you.

Drivers of " rice burners " rev their motors as you drive by.

Camaro & Challenger owners are annoyed @ your presence.

Old men @ McDonalds tell how sharp your car is.

People walking their dogs past my house comment on how nice the car is.......................( these aren't " car " people )

I was parked in a shopping center, a women pulled up next to me in a SUV..................rolled down her window & asked if she could take pictures of the car !! She liked the color combo, & her husband, ( a Vette owner ) was thinking about trading it in on a GT 500.....( which he did ) ( 2011 SVT coupe ), she wanted to let him know what she thought was a good looking car.

..............................There are more instances, but I've only had the car since 3 July 2010..

But the biggest thing you will learn...................................you're driving a 2011 Z06 Corvette convertable..............................................& nobody cares !!

.theChevylot-10-17-10002.jpg?t=1295554888

.............................Hard lessons are the ones best learned..

We are different people. I would rather pass on all that attention. It's why I DD a silver 4-door. I hate attention and wish this 'vette would get even less than it will. What I care about is performance. Also, as a point of interest, they don't make a convertable Z06. I will be the first to admit, though, that the GT500 has a very aggressive "presence". I like the looks of it a lot! However, performance, reliability, and "feel" were why I picked the Z06. Not looks or exclusivity.

True - vettes look to be a dime a dozen and few notice the differences between stock vettes. But this guy really wanted one this whole time, so I'm happy for you JWG223. I wish I had your money sense, I always get my cars fully loaded :cry: .... you saved a pretty penny for sure. Great car, you'll soon find out where every pot hole and rut in the road is and how to drive cautiously up and down drive ways. Enjoy your new fast ride.

Fully loaded, a Z06 tips the scales at around $85-89K or so (including Z07, CF packages). I would have loved to add the Z07 package to mine, but could not justify the extra cost of it. All the comparisons of this package that you see are to the pre-'11 Z06's with the crappy EMT's on them, and I think a lot of the track time advantage is due to the PS2's on the Z07 package. The new G:2's ought to even things up pretty well.

The only real things gained from going to 1LZ to 2LZ are the steering wheel extends and the driver-seat has a "memory function". The "premium sound" actually is worse than the base sound system according to 90% of the people out there who have had both. I don't have trouble getting in or out of a car, so the memory system wasn't worth it. Just another thing to go TU in 5-10 years. Same for the steering-wheel. 3LZ is just a leather-wrap, and lets face it, wrapping a cheap interior in leather doesn't suddenly make it a world-class interior. No, the 'vette is not a benz. It's about performance. So for me, 1LZ!

JWG223,

Enjoy taking your friends out for a nice cruise in your new Z06. Oh wait... that's right, you'll have take them around the block one at a time! :hysterical:

I am astounded at how many of you bought what you bought because of how you perceive that others view it or how your buddies would like it. The GT500 is a great car, but damned if some of the owners don't make me just shake my head in disbelief. Anyone who would list getting compliments from old men at McDonalds as one of the primary perks of owning a $50K car :banghead:

Well, whatever floats your boat...as long as your peer-group approves. I bought what I wanted, and I didn't ask my friends how they felt about how many seats it had. :talkhand:

I am astounded at how many of you bought what you bought because of how you perceive that others view it or how your buddies would like it. The GT500 is a great car, but damned if some of the owners don't make me just shake my head in disbelief. Anyone who would list getting compliments from old men at McDonalds as one of the primary perks of owning a $50K car :banghead:

Well, whatever floats your boat...as long as your peer-group approves. I bought what I wanted, and I didn't ask my friends how they felt about how many seats it had. :talkhand:

Don't sweat it dude. Some guys are just busting your balls. But it seems to me that by the time many guys reach the age that they can afford a GT500 they just do it for a status symbol or to get noticed and are not really true car guys. Not all of us GT500 owners are like that but there are a fair share out there that are. You'll find the same with Corvette owners. Just wait until you hear the comments you get from people out there when you drive a Vette. I heard alot of trash talk from jealous tools when I owned mine.

Bottom line you bought the car you wanted, that's all that matters.

A used 2006/07 Z06 was what I was actually looking to buy when I took a 2010 GT500 for a drive just to see what it was like. I fell in love with it and it fit my needs better than the Vette. I'm sure a some point I may want to get another Vette. But for now I'm pleased with my GT500. So many choices, so little money. Lol

Don't sweat it dude. Some guys are just busting your balls. But it seems to me that by the time many guys reach the age that they can afford a GT500 they just do it for a status symbol or to get noticed and are not really true car guys. Not all of us GT500 owners are like that but there are a fair share out there that are. You'll find the same with Corvette owners. Just wait until you hear the comments you get from people out there when you drive a Vette. I heard alot of trash talk from jealous tools when I owned mine.

Bottom line you bought the car you wanted, that's all that matters.

A used 2006/07 Z06 was what I was actually looking to buy when I took a 2010 GT500 for a drive just to see what it was like. I fell in love with it and it fit my needs better than the Vette. I'm sure a some point I may want to get another Vette. But for now I'm pleased with my GT500. So many choices, so little money. Lol

Thankyou, and I remember saying I would drive both.

Well.

To be honest, I never bothered to test-drive either car. The GT500 just had too many personal deal-breakers for me to consider it after researching the car on here.

It's a great muscle car, but I realized I wanted a sports car. If I ever want a muscle car, and they get the GT500 shifting, I would love to own one. Just not this go-around.

I have plenty of friends with 'vettes, and so I know roughly what to expect from ride-quality, etc.

Thankyou, and I remember saying I would drive both.

Well.

To be honest, I never bothered to test-drive either car. The GT500 just had too many personal deal-breakers for me to consider it after researching the car on here.

It's a great muscle car, but I realized I wanted a sports car. If I ever want a muscle car, and they get the GT500 shifting, I would love to own one. Just not this go-around.

I have plenty of friends with 'vettes, and so I know roughly what to expect from ride-quality, etc.

I drove a 2010 Corvette GS with the magnetic ride suspension and I had a really nice ride for a Vette. But you still always have that sphincter tightening effect with every dip and bump in the road as a by product of having your butt 5 inches off the ground. Lol

When we moved to Vancouver last spring our intentions were to just have one car, our 2010 GT convertible. Then I got the bug to add another car to the mix. I drove a 2009 Cayman S and was pretty impressed, it was a great handling, well built car. But did not really grab me on an emotional level. Then a friend of mine picked up a 2006 Z06 down in California and drove it up here on his way back to Edmonton Alberta. I loved the car but didn't care for the ride or the interior quality...but it pulled like a beast and handled like it was on rails. So I figured I'd keep my eyes open for a decent used one. Then I popped into a local Ford dealer because I noticed they had a new 5.0 Mustang. The sales guy came out and asked if I had driven a 5.0 yet. I said "no, I haven't" and before I could blink he tossed me the keys. I took it for a spin and was pretty impressed but I knew for $10k more I could get a nice used C6 Z06. As we walked by the row of 6 2010 GT500 I comment on how nice they looked. His reply was "have you driven one?" Lol. Well moments later the was a plate on the Grabber Blue beast and I was driving it. My sales guy told me the 2011 were going to be rolling in fairly soon and they we "motivated" to sell the 2010's that they have. Well the car just moved me on a gut level like no other car I have driven and I was smitten.I called my wife and told her I was going to buy a GT500 and she just said "if that's what you want, do it". I was able to get it for a price I could live with($90 below invoice) so I was happy with that and drove the car home later that evening. I had always liked Kona blue but I couldn't take my eyes off the Grabber blue one I drove. When we went to pick it up that evening my wife was surprised that I got the Grabber blue one as she thought I went with the Kona blue. It boiled down to me being more of a muscle car guy than a sports car guy and I am very happy with my choice. I love the car, it's a blast to drive and gets nothing but positive response from people that see it. After 8 months of ownership I still get a big grin on my face as I walk up to it and when I drive away I still have that grin.

If your Vette gives you that happy feeling in your gut...then you made the right choice. :D

I am happy you made a decision that you are happy with...................................life is full of lessons......................experience is the best teacher !!

.DogPoundCruisersPics003.jpg?t=1295527679

You will learn things about the GT 500........................shortly after you take delivery of your ZO6..........................................that only other Vette owners know.................best of luck in the future !!

Wow, That is one badass looking Shelby. Colors and wheels are perfect!

I drove a 2010 Corvette GS with the magnetic ride suspension and I had a really nice ride for a Vette. But you still always have that sphincter tightening effect with every dip and bump in the road as a by product of having your butt 5 inches off the ground. Lol

When we moved to Vancouver last spring our intentions were to just have one car, our 2010 GT convertible. Then I got the bug to add another car to the mix. I drove a 2009 Cayman S and was pretty impressed, it was a great handling, well built car. But did not really grab me on an emotional level. Then a friend of mine picked up a 2006 Z06 down in California and drove it up here on his way back to Edmonton Alberta. I loved the car but didn't care for the ride or the interior quality...but it pulled like a beast and handled like it was on rails. So I figured I'd keep my eyes open for a decent used one. Then I popped into a local Ford dealer because I noticed they had a new 5.0 Mustang. The sales guy came out and asked if I had driven a 5.0 yet. I said "no, I haven't" and before I could blink he tossed me the keys. I took it for a spin and was pretty impressed but I knew for $10k more I could get a nice used C6 Z06. As we walked by the row of 6 2010 GT500 I comment on how nice they looked. His reply was "have you driven one?" Lol. Well moments later the was a plate on the Grabber Blue beast and I was driving it. My sales guy told me the 2011 were going to be rolling in fairly soon and they we "motivated" to sell the 2010's that they have. Well the car just moved me on a gut level like no other car I have driven and I was smitten.I called my wife and told her I was going to buy a GT500 and she just said "if that's what you want, do it". I was able to get it for a price I could live with($90 below invoice) so I was happy with that and drove the car home later that evening. I had always liked Kona blue but I couldn't take my eyes off the Grabber blue one I drove. When we went to pick it up that evening my wife was surprised that I got the Grabber blue one as she thought I went with the Kona blue. It boiled down to me being more of a muscle car guy than a sports car guy and I am very happy with my choice. I love the car, it's a blast to drive and gets nothing but positive response from people that see it. After 8 months of ownership I still get a big grin on my face as I walk up to it and when I drive away I still have that grin.

If your Vette gives you that happy feeling in your gut...then you made the right choice. :D

I agree. This kind of purchase is about smiles, and yes, I guess even the smiles of old geezers at the local McDonalds, if that's what moves someone to joy, lol.

I am suprised Ford would only go $90 below invoice in a '10 model, though. I got thousands below invoice on the '11 'vette that I had to actually order. Wierd. When I talked #'s with Ford about the GT500 2012, they were STUCK at sticker. ouch! Another part of my decision was wanting to buy a $76K car for mid 60's instead of a $57K car for $57K. I am somewhat value-minded, and it just caught me wrong.

Thankyou, all! I continue to think the GT500 is a great car, but there remained issues about it that were deal-breakers for me. The transmission, 155mph speed governor, and the solid rear-axle were chief among them.

I know the SRA has been made to work very well, but I wanted a car with IRS.

I didn't want to deal with transmission issues that the manufacturer had a proven record of refusing to fix.

I might want to run the TX mile at some point, and the 155 limiter would force me to chose losing my warranty, or not taking part in that event to my fullest ability.

For $8,5XX difference between a Z06 optioned how I wanted and a GT500 optioned how I wanted, I chose the Z06.

Again, thanks to this board for helping me decide which of these awesome automobiles best suited me! It's good to be back and posting.

ETA:

What is it exactly that I need to take delivery of my Z06 to learn about the GT500?

Great car and great choice. The ZO6 was my first choice due the the light weight and performance of the car. After thinking on it for 6mo I knew I would not use the car as much as I would the Shelby. I have two small children 18mo and 3. I think I get more comments on the two car seats in the back of a GT500 than I do the car. I am very happy with the car and do not regret my choice. If I were older and kids grown the Vette would have won out. My uncle purchased a 2011 Vette at the same time its a lot of fun going out to local hang outs with him. Both cars get attention but I will say the Shelby draws a crowd that makes me nervous at times. Enjoy your new car.

I am suprised Ford would only go $90 below invoice in a '10 model, though. I got thousands below invoice on the '11 'vette that I had to actually order. Wierd. When I talked #'s with Ford about the GT500 2012, they were STUCK at sticker. ouch! Another part of my decision was wanting to buy a $76K car for mid 60's instead of a $57K car for $57K. I am somewhat value-minded, and it just caught me wrong.

Just to clarify, $90 below dealer invoice was $5,000 off the window sticker price and that was back in May 2011 and no discount on the 2011 back then.

I guess I should've known by the way U parked your car sideways

That it wouldn't last

See, U're the kinda person that believes in makin' out once

Love 'em and leave 'em fast

I guess I must be dumb cuz U had a pocket full of horses

Trojan and some of them used

But it was Saturday night, I guess that makes it all right

And U say - "What have I got 2 lose?"

And honey, I say Little Red Corvette

Baby, U're much 2 fast (Oh)

U need a love, U need a love that's, uh, that's gonna last

Woke up the next morning

Shelby wasn't there

I looked all over and all I found

Was a phone number on the stairs

It said thank u 4 a funky time

Call me up whenever u want 2 grind (not 2nd :))

Sorry, I'm just DaFreak

Great car and great choice. The ZO6 was my first choice due the the light weight and performance of the car. After thinking on it for 6mo I knew I would not use the car as much as I would the Shelby. I have two small children 18mo and 3. I think I get more comments on the two car seats in the back of a GT500 than I do the car. I am very happy with the car and do not regret my choice. If I were older and kids grown the Vette would have won out. My uncle purchased a 2011 Vette at the same time its a lot of fun going out to local hang outs with him. Both cars get attention but I will say the Shelby draws a crowd that makes me nervous at times. Enjoy your new car.

Thanks!

I agree. If I had kids, I probably would have bought the Shelby, or held out for another year and gotten the GT-R. The 'vette is a single man or empty-nester's car imo.

Just to clarify, $90 below dealer invoice was $5,000 off the window sticker price and that was back in May 2011 and no discount on the 2011 back then.

I am still suprised that they Shelby is holding value at the dealer's like that. Maybe GM is the odd-man out with 12-20% off MSRP's.

I agree. This kind of purchase is about smiles, and yes, I guess even the smiles of old geezers at the local McDonalds, if that's what moves someone to joy, lol.

When you go to sell either car the trade in and private sale numbers will reflect what people are really paying for the car. MSRP means little anymore after the last few years of invoice minus 2-5000.00 dollar rebates to anyone. GT500s are very limited and they have a solid customer base, just the 03-04 Cobras that are still bringing good money for a nearly 10 year old mustang.

Of course there are a few people out there that will pay MSRP for a new C6 but not that many any more, thats the guy who will take it in the shorts come trade-in time.

I dont know why all the comments on the 08+ C6 interiors, they are a lot nicer than the earlier ones. Have to remember that that teh Vette is lightweight spotys car with 50/50 weigth distribution. To do that you need to make compromises on everything ahead of the rear wheels to acheive that on a front engined car. I didnt think the GT500 inerior was that awesome, the E92 M3 I replaced the the 2010 GT500 with has a what I would call a nice interior and the rear seat has more room to boot so its all kind of relative. Honestly in some sick way I like the interior of the base 2011 GT better than the Shelby, it reminds me of the old no-frills muscle cars, plastic steering wheel and all lol.

Congrats on the new car, IMO a c6 Z06 is one of the few world class cars you can buy for under 100 grand, its a winner on all fronts.

Just so you know. The Corvettes also have issues with the transmissions. Thay cannot handle much more power than what the cars come with. The stock bottom end on the LS7 doesn't take well to boost, should you decide to add it. I hope the roads where you live are very smooth along with smooth transitions in and out of parking lots. If not the front splitter, the air deflector under the front bumper, and the radiator support are all replacable for $$$$$ :hysterical:

All reasons I got rid of mine.

Just so you know. The Corvettes also have issues with the transmissions. Thay cannot handle much more power than what the cars come with. The stock bottom end on the LS7 doesn't take well to boost, should you decide to add it. I hope the roads where you live are very smooth along with smooth transitions in and out of parking lots. If not the front splitter, the air deflector under the front bumper, and the radiator support are all replacable for $$$$$ :hysterical:

All reasons I got rid of mine.

They use the same Transmission as those 800+whp GT500's use and they hold up just fine. The difference is the clutch, linkage, and the fact that GM specified better syncros than Ford.

The engine will be left stock. 5/100 warranty. The LS7 isn't made for boost, but rather NA. You can get 650whp NA out of an LS7 if you switch to E85, which I would do if I cammed. It's cheap and with a 'vette, you just get a tune/change injectors/put in a larger fuel-pump. If you have a stock 'vette, all you need is the tune and E85. The rest of the fuel system can handle it just fine. It's wasted on anything under 13:1 compression, though, so best done with heads/cam. Anyway, moot points as I plan on leaving it stock.

You are right about bumps. Thankfully, I have a DD for that. The 'vette is a highway car and will be used as such. LA has the crappiest roads in towns. That is a trade-off though, between handling and having a low center of gravity, and being able to go over more extreme bumps, etc. and giving up a bit of that handling. I chose the performance aspect vs. the daily-driveable aspect, as this is a pleasure vehicle only.

The reasons I went with the Z06 vs. the GT500 were:

Transmissions (explained above)

Handling

Acceleration

Traction

Braking

Warranty

Customer Support

The things I feel that I gave up:

Cargo/passenger capacity (I pack light, don't care)

Ability to go over bumps (I won't care until I encounter one)

Things I gained that don't mean much to me:

Launch Control

Much better mileage.

HUD (kinda cool).

Image. (I don't care what people think, but I do admit that $57K for a mustang, even an SVT product, kinda set wrong with me. Others I am sure will see it differently).

Checked ground-clearance for the Z06 vs. GT500.

5.71" for the GT500 with SVTPP, that is 5.28" (the rear is 8mm lower, the front 11mm, I just assumed the front was the lowest point and that is the measurement I used)

4.8" for the Z06

Wheel Base:

GT500: 107.1"

Z06: 105.7"

So, for the GT500 the height/length ratio is: 0.4929

For the Z06: 0.4541

Total difference in clearance: 0.48"

The GT500 SVTPP in stock form gives you 1/2" more room to work with bumps, and has a slightly more favorable clearance/length ratio (what matters going over those steep drive-way crests vs. raw clearance for say, an aggressive speed-bump).

With the number of people who lower their GT500's even the slightest amount not complaining much about bumps, I doubt it is even an issue between the two cars. However, the GT500 does have the clear advantage. I am curious if this is the clearance to structure, or clearance to flexible air-dam on both cars.

Air-dam's are $80. Radiator supports...not so cheap.

That being said, the GT500 is a muscle car, the Z06 is a sports car, they obviously have unique attributes and drawbacks. Mainly, I wish I could have gotten those sick Recaro's the '12 GT500's are getting. Nice.

Checked ground-clearance for the Z06 vs. GT500.

5.71" for the GT500 with SVTPP, that is 5.28" (the rear is 8mm lower, the front 11mm, I just assumed the front was the lowest point and that is the measurement I used)

4.8" for the Z06

Wheel Base:

GT500: 107.1"

Z06: 105.7"

So, for the GT500 the height/length ratio is: 0.4929

For the Z06: 0.4541

Total difference in clearance: 0.48"

The GT500 SVTPP in stock form gives you 1/2" more room to work with bumps, and has a slightly more favorable clearance/length ratio (what matters going over those steep drive-way crests vs. raw clearance for say, an aggressive speed-bump).

With the number of people who lower their GT500's even the slightest amount not complaining much about bumps, I doubt it is even an issue between the two cars. However, the GT500 does have the clear advantage. I am curious if this is the clearance to structure, or clearance to flexible air-dam on both cars.

Air-dam's are $80. Radiator supports...not so cheap.

That being said, the GT500 is a muscle car, the Z06 is a sports car, they obviously have unique attributes and drawbacks. Mainly, I wish I could have gotten those sick Recaro's the '12 GT500's are getting. Nice.

Knowing nothing about Vettes I would venture to say the scraping has more to do with it being "longer" past the front tires than the shelby or possibly the distance between the front and rear tires being shorter. Either one would cause one car to scrape in the front more than the other.

Grats on the Vette man, you made due on your promise, and I figured you would I approached my purchase the same way. I still shudder to think of the insurance you're paying for that sucker on top of the increased payments over the Shelby. I'm happy with my $50/month minus whatever months I put it in storage.

I've always said though, if you got it, spend it...or Uncle Sam will spend it for you! When the inflation kicks in to pay for our Government's 14 trillion in debt all those saving every penny they can are going to wish they "invested" in a new car like us instead!

Knowing nothing about Vettes I would venture to say the scraping has more to do with it being "longer" past the front tires than the shelby or possibly the distance between the front and rear tires being shorter. Either one would cause one car to scrape in the front more than the other.

Grats on the Vette man, you made due on your promise, and I figured you would I approached my purchase the same way. I still shudder to think of the insurance you're paying for that sucker on top of the increased payments over the Shelby. I'm happy with my $50/month minus whatever months I put it in storage.

I've always said though, if you got it, spend it...or Uncle Sam will spend it for you! When the inflation kicks in to pay for our Government's 14 trillion in debt all those saving every penny they can are going to wish they "invested" in a new car like us instead!

Insurance is VERY dependant on where you live. In Louisiana, it is insane. My rates doubled when I moved here. I am going to be payin $175/mo. Or roughly $50/mo less than I paid for my Trans Am, so while to you that seems stoopid high, to me, it is a deal!

Hell, my 4-cylinder Infiniti 2002 G20 w/ 4 doors and a slushbox costs me $99/mo.

Yes, I think the length of the snout is a major part of the scrapage.

I invest in my happiness. A new Z06 make me happier than anything else I could do with my money that is even remotely legal.

That's why a guy needs one of each!! :shift:

When I purchased my GT500 I was also debating getting a used Z06. The performance of the Z06 just amazes me....lightweight rocket that handles amazingly. BUT.....I am a Mustang guy...always have been. I admire and love the look of the new vettes. Best friend has a beautiful white C6 that he is absolutely smitten with....just as smitten as I am with my GT500. My wife and I are thinking Kids in the next couple of years so the 2 seater was out. To add to that the Corvette would scrape every time I pulled into a driveway....and I cant stand that sound. LIke finger nails on a chalk board.

Enjoy your Z06...you have a serious machine and a good looking one at that.

Shelby does seem to get more attention and has a distinct history attached to it....part of the reason I love it.

Two each his own. One is not better than the other....just a different decision for each person

Archived