TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 SGT Vert Sells @ BJ For $38K

IASHELBYGT

We have been trying to sell ours for $38,000 for over a month with no bites except for 2, but hey wanted to pay in the lower $30's for it.

This is a good sign for us.

TDS

We have been trying to sell ours for $38,000 for over a month with no bites except for 2, but hey wanted to pay in the lower $30's for it.

This is a good sign for us.

TDS

Uhhhhh...remember though, the guys in the 'bullpen' are both, caught up in the hype, and being fed 'all they can drink' for FREE!!!

Have you done that to your '2 bites'?? :hysterical:

Uhhhhh...remember though, the guys in the 'bullpen' are both, caught up in the hype, and being fed 'all they can drink' for FREE!!!

Have you done that to your '2 bites'?? :hysterical:

Keep in mind that the seller is only getting $34,960 after the seller’s commission has been taken off the gavel price. Also you have to factor in the B-J entry fee and the costs to have his car transported out to Scottsdale. My guess is the seller netted $30-32k for his car which is an average price right now for a similar SGT.

Steve

Keep in mind that the seller is only getting $34,960 after the seller’s commission has been taken off the gavel price. Also you have to factor in the B-J entry fee and the costs to have his car transported out to Scottsdale. My guess is the seller netted $30-32k for his car which is an average price right now for a similar SGT.

Steve

He actually netted $30, 449 after it was all said and done. We called him today from the Dealership after finding out who he was.

TDS

He actually netted $30, 449 after it was all said and done. We called him today from the Dealership after finding out who he was.

TDS

A far cry from the fifty grand I spent. :banghead: But with that said, I would do it again...just nine months later when the price of my vert tanked along with the economy. :finger:

TDS

What he netted is different from what the market was willing to spend. Sounds like a typical dealership answer where they made a deal to sell a car for X dollars and then they realized that their net was low and they went back to the buyer to ask for the difference. The seller was willing to accept the expenses and the buyer was willing to pay an asking price. Either way, the market is down, but if unique cars follow history, they will at least be worth more than something that has 10K copies or more per year. Enjoy your car and drive it, show it, sell it, or do what ever makes you happy.

To paraphrase what nojoke4true said " I spent X dollars, but I would do it all over again!"

Just saw this sell on the Speed Channel for $38K. I was pulling for it to do a little better, but didn't think that was too bad a price.

eh, who cares! NO plans to sell mine ever

eh, who cares! NO plans to sell mine ever

I agree, my next Shelby will go in the garage right next to this one. I don't plan on ever getting rid of it. I do plan on buying another Shelby just as soon as this one is paid off. The wife thinks she's picking the next car, I told her as long as it's a Shelby she can pick anyone she wants, LOL.

A far cry from the fifty grand I spent. :banghead: But with that said, I would do it again...just nine months later when the price of my vert tanked along with the economy. :finger:

The prices will be back some day, and when they do, the SGT convertibles will definitely be one of the hottest tickets out there.

It was lot #433. Says that the SGT # is also 433. Is that Steve Davis's sense of humor at work? It looks like it was sold near the end of the day on Wed. I bet it would have gone for well over $40,000 if it was on Friday or Saturday.

The vert had only 4,000 miles.

The total cost to the winning bidder was $41,800. That includes what should have been a 10% buyer's premium.

Subtract the 8% seller's comm (which is calculated from the lower hammer price) and you get $34,960, but then there's the Entry Fee, which varies, shipping charges, detailing costs, documentation costs, travel and hotel costs.

Then there's the biggest cost: not being able to drive your Shelby GT convertible!

Archived