TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Four post storage lift

kidpa

I'm looking at a Dannmar portable lift the D-7 or D-7x. I was wondering if anyone has this lift and could help me with the pro's and con's, or any kind of lift?. I don't want one to bolt to the floor because of my in floor radiant heat. Any help will be appreciated Thanks Ron

I have a 4 post lift but not that make. You should make sure you don`t get a cheap hydraulic pump made in china. If you can go with a 220 volt rather than 110 volt as the 220v pump up faster . My system is made in USA & is a good quality hydraulic system. One other thing get the aluminum approach ramps the steel ones are too heavy. I bolted mine down as it makes it sturdy .If you don`t fasten it down you have to make sure the feet are dead level even at that it will flex .

I'm looking at a Dannmar portable lift the D-7 or D-7x. I was wondering if anyone has this lift and could help me with the pro's and con's, or any kind of lift?. I don't want one to bolt to the floor because of my in floor radiant heat. Any help will be appreciated Thanks Ron

I have the D-7 and I LOVE it! No cons, just pros. i've had it one year now.

front.jpg

front.jpg

Make sure you know how thick the concrete in your garage is. All these lifts have specs on the minimum depth the concrete must be. I ended up just getting RaceRamps, since I wasn't real sure about my depth. As it turns out, I love the RaceRamps and didn't feel like drilling into the pad to check the depth.

Thanks for all your replys, I just have to decide which way to go with this. These lifts are built to be portable you would think they would be strong enough with out flexing. I just don't like my odds of bolting it down and missing my water line in my heat system. Concrete is 4-1/2" thick, water lines at 2". Thanks Ron

Thanks for all your replys, I just have to decide which way to go with this. These lifts are built to be portable you would think they would be strong enough with out flexing. I just don't like my odds of bolting it down and missing my water line in my heat system. Concrete is 4-1/2" thick, water lines at 2". Thanks Ron

If your floor is fairly level you should be okay if you get a good unit.

I have a garage with the same issues as you do. I have radiant heat in the floor and concrete is 4 1/2" thick as well AND the floor is sloped. I did not bolt it down for fear of hitting the in floor heat SO I had some brackets made up to bolt the top of the lift posts to the wall of the garage. The concrete is fine, no cracks what so ever but the prep and material below the concrete is first class. I did it myself even before I ever considered getting a lift.

It is rock solid and so far in 3 years I have no movement or problems with the lift. Now if the wifey poo keeps her SUV on her side and never bumps the lift when when she pulls in and out, I'll be good. I tried asking her to park outside so we could get another lift but........... she just laughed at me so I guess it's a no go. :P

QSS

I have Eagle Equips 4 Post Storage Lift and you do not have to bolt it down. Have had mine for almost 5 years. I've stored my 65 Fastback project on it as well as other cars up in the air. No issues. Plus mine is mobile. Comes with removable casters that allow me to move the car while it is on the lift. I've used mine to work on all of my cars, including friends cars and have had no issues with movement and worry about anything falling down.

I HAD a Superior lift. (pictured here).

I moved it from house to house three times before I sold it and moved to Canada. I frankly used it both ways...bolted at some places, and un-bolted at others.

It`s been said here, that for storage you can leave unbolted. +1. However, if you plan on , even loosening an oil filter, BOLT IT DOWN! JMHO...

.......and, btw...definitely step up the the aluminum approach ramps. The steel ones are a PITA! Very heavy to move around. I went on the cheap at first, and would never do that again. Oh, and for storage, use the movable plastic oil trays...you never know!

Chris

I went with a Direct Life Pro Park 8S last year and love it. The Mach 1 goes up on top so I can wrench on her and the KR fits nicely underneath. GregSmithEquipment has good deals on them and, importantly, the lift is certified which is important. Some of the others are not made as well and are not certified so didn't even look at some of them when I was doing my research. Sorry about the crappy pics from my phone.post-26430-0-97840000-1295736656_thumb.jpgpost-26430-0-42069000-1295736670_thumb.jpgpost-26430-0-69865600-1295736678_thumb.jpg Bolting down was not necessary for me and the saftey latches are very secure. I have no concerns working underneath it.

post-26430-0-97840000-1295736656_thumb.jpg

post-26430-0-42069000-1295736670_thumb.jpg

post-26430-0-69865600-1295736678_thumb.jpg

I went with a Direct Life Pro Park 8S last year and love it. The Mach 1 goes up on top so I can wrench on her and the KR fits nicely underneath. GregSmithEquipment has good deals on them and, importantly, the lift is certified which is important. Some of the others are not made as well and are not certified so didn't even look at some of them when I was doing my research. Sorry about the crappy pics from my phone.post-26430-0-97840000-1295736656_thumb.jpgpost-26430-0-42069000-1295736670_thumb.jpgpost-26430-0-69865600-1295736678_thumb.jpg Bolting down was not necessary for me and the saftey latches are very secure. I have no concerns working underneath it.

Paul, Wheel Vintiques on the old Mach?

Those look sweet! Great wheel choice (unique) on the KR, as well!! :happy feet:

Paul, Wheel Vintiques on the old Mach?

Those look sweet! Great wheel choice (unique) on the KR, as well!! happy feet.gif

Thanks for the compliments on the wheels. Yup, those are Wheel Vintiques aluminum Magnum 500 type wheels on the 69 Mach 1 with 255 40 18 on the front and 285 35 18 on the rear (Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires) and the KR has Shelby CS40 wheels with 255 35 20 and 285 30 20 Bridgestone Pole Positions on them. I'm swapping out the KR's tires to 275 35 20 front and 305 30 20 rear in the spring along with a TVS blower swap (can't wait for spring!!!!).

post-26430-0-29787400-1295839811_thumb.jpg

Thanks for the compliments on the wheels. Yup, those are Wheel Vintiques aluminum Magnum 500 type wheels on the 69 Mach 1 with 255 40 18 on the front and 285 35 18 on the rear (Eagle F1 GS-D3 tires) and the KR has Shelby CS40 wheels with 255 35 20 and 285 30 20 Bridgestone Pole Positions on them. I'm swapping out the KR's tires to 275 35 20 front and 305 30 20 rear in the spring along with a TVS blower swap (can't wait for spring!!!!).

Very nice man! :salute:

Who knows...maybe we'll meet up this spring / summer!

Archived