TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Assistance needed

SGT0128

I’ve looked through the entire wheel and tire threads and can’t make a decision. I’m trying to decide whether I should I go with 18 inch or 20 inch wheels and tires? Can someone chime in with and advantages or disadvantages.

I’m also torn between the Gunmetal Razors and the black CS69’s. I don’t really have any interest in the big brakes so that’s not a factor for me. Any assistance or opinions would be welcome.

ps

I'll be keeping the factory wheels and tires.

Razor.JPG

CS69..JPG

Razor.JPG

CS69..JPG

I would say 18's for sure. In my opinion there just isn't enough sidewall with the 20's. As far as the choice for the wheels, I would go with a polished or chrome wheel on the GO car. The CS69 is a great wheel, but I would think the hyper black would look better than the black with orange.

Chris

That's a tough call...I'm sure you're thinking this....

If I drive the car alot and want to keep the handling aspect in check then 18's are the way to go.

However, if I only drive occasionally and show the car more then 20's will give the best visual impact.

For your GO SGT I like the silver or gray Razors, but it's only my opinion.

Go with your gut feeling and don't look back. Either way it will look great.

I’ve looked through the entire wheel and tire threads and can’t make a decision. I’m trying to decide whether I should I go with 18 inch or 20 inch wheels and tires? Can someone chime in with and advantages or disadvantages.

I’m also torn between the Gunmetal Razors and the black CS69’s. I don’t really have any interest in the big brakes so that’s not a factor for me. Any assistance or opinions would be welcome.

ps

I'll be keeping the factory wheels and tires.

For sure the 20's will look better and when I first drove mine it took awhile to get used to driving with them compared to 18's. As far as 18's handling better than 20's as I've raced with both and which one is better that depends on the driver. I have the Chrome 20" Razors and look great but pain in the ass to clean and when mine was still at the LV Factory there were no Carroll Shelby wheels yet so I didn't have much of a decision. Jump to today and I would have chosen the CS69's instead as they remind me of a Shelby wheel but either one looks good. Tell you the truth I'm considering replacing my Razors with the Silver/Chrome CS69

DSC02972.JPG

DSC02972.JPG

Go with 18's and chrome. personally i think the stock wheels are perfect. either way go with chrome or polished. Alot of people have trouble with balancing the 20's which will cause a shaking in the wheel at 55-65 mph. This does get annoying so only get the 20's if you really really like them and if you do get them, they will ride a bit rougher. As far as handling is concerned 18's are good and you have alot more tire options.

Hey man, I like the CS69s if you must change. This style looks pretty cool on Springers car but I believe his might have a different finish. I would stay with the 18" to save some cash, then you would only have to buy the rims. I also liked the Carrol Shelby Wheels from the earlier years too.

But what do I know................. :hysterical:

GG

Hey Dwain,

I'm going to change my wheels 'cause I need the big brakes ; otherwise, I'd stay original.

But if you must and can't decide; save some bucks and go with the less expensive wheel. I'd stick to 18" ; I think the 20s are faddish. IMHO

I would go with 18 inch CS 69's in hyper-black which is a dark gray color. It looks very nice with the silver stripes. The chrome wheels tend to overpower the car. I like the razors but the faux bolt heads around the rim killed it for me. I really don't care for the faux two-piece wheel look.

My favorite wheel now is the GT 350 wheel. I love that wheel! It reminds me of the Razor without the distracting two-piece wheel look. The only problem for me with the GT 350 wheel is that I want something on my car that it is period correct, and this wheel wasn't offered during the time my car was produced. I have two sets of tires/wheels now, so I really can't justify another set!!! :unsure:

I looked into the 20's and decided against the larger wheel. It costs more, the tires cost more and the complete wheel/tire package weighs more. You will also lose some ride quality with 20's. If you have a black car, my choice would be the black CS 69's. With the orange GT, the hyper-black CS 69's would look great. Good luck!

jp

Decisions, decisions.....

Dwain,

I like them both, but the 18' CS69 would have to be my first choice...

Good luck and keep us posted...

Laurence

The SGT's came with 18"

I bought a set of 20" cause i already had 18" rims on the car.

• 3 weeks later...

I LOVE my razors! You should go with the natural silver color like me because looking at that grabber orange SGT in the pics from earlier in this thread with my wheels, it looks SHARP! No joke, I get so many compliments on my car with the razors! People just seem to love them! I do too! :happy feet:

Ps- go with the 24mm offset. They will clear big brake upgrades and stick out just a tiny bit more to give it that aggressive stance.

I went with the silver cs40's . My car is black and the silver stripes are really accented with the silver wheels.These are 20's and really feel out the front wheel wells. If you are not tracking the car very much then the 20's are great.It seams everyone has the chrome wheels and i started to get them myself until i saw the silver. Everyone that has seen my car likes the silver and think it was a great choice. I've never seen the cs 40's on any other car. Afriend of mine has a 08 grabber orange and is looking for some silver cs 40's now as he thinks they will look great on his car. There's a lot to choose out there. Good luck.

I went with the silver cs40's . My car is black and the silver stripes are really accented with the silver wheels.These are 20's and really feel out the front wheel wells. If you are not tracking the car very much then the 20's are great.It seams everyone has the chrome wheels and i started to get them myself until i saw the silver. Everyone that has seen my car likes the silver and think it was a great choice. I've never seen the cs 40's on any other car. Afriend of mine has a 08 grabber orange and is looking for some silver cs 40's now as he thinks they will look great on his car. There's a lot to choose out there. Good luck.

YES I DO!!!!

I just want set, so i can have 3 sets!!!, I still have a set of Shelby Series 1 for Sale

Archived