TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Dealer wants to put xzilon on my new shelby ?

snake011

Dealer is wanting to put some kind of sealer stuff on my paint /interior and leather . I consider my purchase as an investment ,so I dont want to screw around with it. Ive seen where some call it a scam, what do you think ? Did anybody have it done? thanks.

Some background on zxilon posted on SVTP.

Here

I no nothing about this particular product but I did opt for a similar product on a past car and had positive results.

On my Shelby though? No thanks, I don't want anyone touching it.

DaFreak

Dealer is wanting to put some kind of sealer stuff on my paint /interior and leather . I consider my purchase as an investment ,so I dont want to screw around with it. Ive seen where some call it a scam, what do you think ? Did anybody have it done? thanks.

its not a scam but Im sure way overpriced,and they may screw the finish up==do it yourself--you can do the whole interior in maybe an hour,taking your time on the exterior,maybe 3 hours--we can make suggestions on prodcucts for you

Yeah any suggestions on products is good , as far as high end wax , washes, what to use on the black plastics, so they dont fade out with time. Im thinking along the lines of I dont want anybody cleaning on it but me. Ive read where some have claimed that the xzilon came off in one area then stayed on in others which gave the car seperate finishes which wont fly with this car. Ive waited my whole life to get that Shelby name on a mustang so Its a keeper. They signed me up for it , but havent done it yet , so maybe theyll gimme a refund. If they want my business they will. Thanks for replies.

I agree the dealer protection package is not worth the investment. Keep in mind no product lasts forever regardless of what you spend on it. You could detail the vehicle yourself or pay a pro detailer to take car of the details for you. Car care products are going to vary from person to person. Good luck.

I consider my purchase as an investment.

Congratulations on the new ride. You have just invested in the best Money pit you can buy. Wait till the MOD BUG bites. :spend::hysterical:

Enjoy your new Ride. happy%20feet.gif:banvictory:

Im looking at some of the meguiars stuff , which looks pretty good . Im waiting on some warm weather right now weve had a lot of snow here lately , not gonna get road salt on that thing. I did pay sticker for the car , and as Ive seen in those car auctions, things with SHELBY on them usually bring some $$$$. And the mod bug is already at work. So maybe investment is not the right term. Dreamin of that super snake HP. Any of yall put a K&N filter or an cold air kit on the car what kind of HP gains did you see, And can I gain more hp doing just a pulley change on the blower. thanks . :rockon:

I did pay sticker for the car , and as Ive seen in those car auctions, things with SHELBY on them usually bring some $$$$.

:banghead:

60's Shelby = "investment" with a nice return because no one thought of these cars as an investment.

Today's Shelby = depreciation like every other mass produced car. If you doubt that, look at the prices of every year GT500 since 2007. Better be sitting, 'cause you may kick yourself for paying sticker.

They're a fine car that's fun, but please please please don't think of it as any kind of investment unless you like Enron, MCI/Worldcomm or that "big opportunity" by the Prince of Africa who has a fortune that he'll share with you if only you'll pay the fees to get the money wired to your account. :hysterical:

-

Any of yall put a K&N filter or an cold air kit on the car what kind of HP gains did you see, And can I gain more hp doing just a pulley change on the blower. thanks . :rockon:

Your car already has a cold air kit - stock! :confused:

Don't mess with the K&N filter.

If you want mods that make a difference, add some lower and upper control arms from BMR or J&M so you can actually use the power you already have vs.getting the dreaded wheel hop every time you try to launch.

:banghead:

60's Shelby = "investment" with a nice return because no one thought of these cars as an investment.

Today's Shelby = depreciation like every other mass produced car. If you doubt that, look at the prices of every year GT500 since 2007. Better be sitting, 'cause you may kick yourself for paying sticker.

They're a fine car that's fun, but please please please don't think of it as any kind of investment unless you like Enron, MCI/Worldcomm or that "big opportunity" by the Prince of Africa who has a fortune that he'll share with you if only you'll pay the fees to get the money wired to your account. :hysterical:

-

Really, I KBB'd mine. After 18 months and 5K miles, My GT500 still has a personal sale around 46K, not even 10K after TTL. Not bad, considering...

Really, I KBB'd mine. After 18 months and 5K miles, My GT500 still has a personal sale around 46K, not even 10K after TTL. Not bad, considering...

KBB has NOTHING to do with the REAL (what you can actually get for the car) value.

KBB consistently said earlier models were overvalued too, compared to what they were selling for in the real world.

KBB, for new low volume cars like this, will always be behind.

KBB has NOTHING to do with the REAL (what you can actually get for the car) value.

KBB consistently said earlier models were overvalued too, compared to what they were selling for in the real world.

KBB, for new low volume cars like this, will always be behind.

And, I've always said "It's worth what someones willing to pay."

Why so negative...

Why so negative...

Who me? Not at all.

Just educating the OP on his "investment". :doh:

You brought up KBB as proof that your car was still holding value - while the real world sales would say the opposite.

Heck even the short production run of 2011's are sitting on lots with dealers putting them on ebay at invoice - and not selling. That says a lot about what's going on.

I have a 2007, so I'm in the same boat. I didn't overpay though, and am not selling, so "current value" means nothing to me. I just can't wait for this f*cking winter to be over so I can drive again! :shift:

I was offered 52K for a 2011 w/ Electronics and SVTPP - brand new off the truck @ my local dealer. I hear now that the hype has died down, people are getting the same car for 51 or 50. Sure some dealers have them up for like 10K over MSRP, and I've even talked to some dumbass people who buy them for that. No they aren't millionaires like you would think... they are just dumb.

Archived