TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2010+ Shelby Brake Duct Cooling kit coming?

DaFreak

All,

Anyone (including Shelby Staff) know what's going on with this kit? I just got a response (email) from Shelby (won't mention the name) stating "..... The estimate for release is still being discussed. Please check back near the end of February."

Anyone know anything more? Will the front and rear kits be sold separately? Will a new splitter (with ducts) be required? Pricing?

The wait is killing me, not to mention I'm heading to the track in May and desperately need such a kit.

Thanks,

DaFreak

I'm betting the rears will be a similar product to the rockers on the GT350 with the built in brake duct. Hell, I bet they're the same ones in black / carbon fibre. For the fronts... I'd guess they'll have a replacement front lower grill instead of making a new front splitter.

Are brake cooling ducts worthwhile for anything outside of racing? On a day to day basis what would be the benefit?

I'm betting the rears will be a similar product to the rockers on the GT350 with the built in brake duct. Hell, I bet they're the same ones in black / carbon fibre. For the fronts... I'd guess they'll have a replacement front lower grill instead of making a new front splitter.

Are brake cooling ducts worthwhile for anything outside of racing? On a day to day basis what would be the benefit?

I have the original Shelby brake ducts, front and rear. The only reason I got them was for racing. I cannot imagine needing them for street driving.

Jim

I have the original Shelby brake ducts, front and rear. The only reason I got them was for racing. I cannot imagine needing them for street driving.

Jim

Side question based on your pics- where did you secure the center belt under the seat of your 5pt harness in the car?

-Wingrider

A quick question for 07SGT4578 and clark17357. You're both saying you have rear brake cooling ducts for your cars, I have been looking for them on the Shelby website and catalague and can't find them. Could you supply me with a part #? Are these the same ones used on the Supersnake if so would they clear my stock 285 rear tires? If not can they be modified to fit?

Archived