TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Color Regret?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My first choice was Grabber O, I never seriously considered anything else. Fast cars should look fast.......

I have no regrets and would do the same if I had the chance to order again. I do like White w/ Silver stripes as a second choice.

post-3989-1173319795_thumb.jpg

I like how you got the ORANGE barrels in the background...that's good work. :hysterical2:

P.S. Don't tell Rob...he'll apply for a job on the road crew just to be around all those barrels and wear a GO vest. :redcard::banghead:

• 4 weeks later...

Well, I gave in to my post#57 in this thread. I sold my Red w/ white stripe GT500 and ordered the color I originally wanted Blue w/ Tungsten stripes. I also added Navigation this time around.

My first choice was Grabber O, I never seriously considered anything else. Fast cars should look fast.......

I have no regrets and would do the same if I had the chance to order again. I do like White w/ Silver stripes as a second choice.

post-3989-1173319795_thumb.jpg

That picture has got to be one of the best out here!

Performance white with Tungsten stripes. I really didn't want this color combination, but I am really glad it tuned out this way. If I had to order today, it would be Performance white with Tungsten stripes. Great combination.

• 1 month later...
Performance white with Tungsten stripes. I really didn't want this color combination, but I am really glad it tuned out this way. If I had to order today, it would be Performance white with Tungsten stripes. Great combination.

I think Performance white w/ Tungsten stripes will be the lowest produced combination.

I think Performance white w/ Tungsten stripes will be the lowest produced combination.

I just did a search and there are only 4 in the entire country showing up out of about 800 Shelbys.

I would guess the white with tungsten would definitely be in the running for lowest number produced.

I just did a search and there are only 4 in the entire country showing up out of about 800 Shelbys.

I would guess the white with tungsten would definitely be in the running for lowest number produced.

ShelbyDude, thanks for the information. I kinda guessed that when it was all said and done the total number in this combination would be very low. My car was produced in February and it was one of the first in this color/stripe combination to have the Navigation which, I think, only became available in January. I was hoping for less than 25 produced with the options and color/stripe combo. It's going to get the 40th Anniversary and the SS performance upgrades. It might end up 1 of 10---, 1 of 5---, or perhaps 1 of 1. Wishful thinking. I rolled sevens a couple of times when I was in Vegas a couple of weeks ago and got the Paris to pay for the Shelby Floor Mats and the billet covers. One more time, come on seven!

any chance you can do the same search with blue/tungsten? :-)

When I first heard about the GT500 launch in 2005 I wanted a gun-metal gray with ebony stripes. But of course not an option. I thought the closest to that look would be the alloy with silver stripes. So that is what I definitely wanted.

As you all know this is not necessarily a slam dunk decision. It depends on your personalilty type and some of those darker colors are difficult to clean. I know since I had previously factory ordered a new black Mustang years ago and it was a pain to keep clean. Every bit of dust that fell on it was visible. However I don't think you could have buyer's remorse on any of the colors.

The only colors I probably would shy away from is the orange and the tungsten for myself. One is too flashy for me and the other is not flashy enough. I like the laser, or darker red GT Mustangs, but only torch red is available for the GT500. Ebony is always a great color, but I thought not the best 60's retro color. The blue is a great color too and this blue does not have the purple in it like other Mustangs have had in the past, which I think is good.

I saw a few Subaru's, or Neons .... you know those fast & furious mini racers looking things without the fast & furious part that were black, or blue with white stripes. Those colors on those cars killed it forever as a choice for my GT500. I thought about the black and silver, but didn't want to join the Raider Nation that way.

When I finally saw more pictures of the alloy I thought that is really a dark charcoal color and much darker than I thought and not as close a match to the gun-metal gray I really wanted. Another difficult color to keep clean also.

Now white with blue stripes are classic Ford Racing colors and classic 60's Shelby colors. So I went with what I feel is very traditional 60's Shelby colors. I doubt I would have been disappointed if I ended up with most any other colors though. I have now heard the 2008 GT500's will have ebony stripe options as well as a new base color.

NEW FOR 2008 OPTIONS:

All new HID- High Intensity Discharge headlamps option (51H)

All new Ambient Lighting Option (95M)

Vapor Clearcoat Metallic (ZY) replaces both Satin Silver and Tungsten

Ebony (85E) and Alloy (85A) stripes now available with selected exterior colors *

**PS: Picture is borrowed from Mike's white Shelby Mustangs. White and blue is classic.**

post-6152-1179526232_thumb.jpg

post-6152-1179526232_thumb.jpg

When I first heard about the GT500 launch in 2005 I wanted a gun-metal gray with ebony stripes. But of course not an option. I thought the closest to that look would be the alloy with silver stripes. So that is what I definitely wanted.

As you all know this is not necessarily a slam dunk decision. It depends on your personalilty type and some of those darker colors are difficult to clean. I know since I had previously factory ordered a new black Mustang years ago and it was a pain to keep clean. Every bit of dust that fell on it was visible. However I don't think you could have buyer's remorse on any of the colors.

The only colors I probably would shy away from is the orange and the tungsten for myself. One is too flashy for me and the other is not flashy enough. I like the laser, or darker red GT Mustangs, but only torch red is available for the GT500. Ebony is always a great color, but I thought not the best 60's retro color. The blue is a great color too and this blue does not have the purple in it like other Mustangs have had in the past, which I think is good.

I saw a few Subaru's, or Neons .... you know those fast & furious mini racers looking things without the fast & furious part that were black, or blue with white stripes. Those colors on those cars killed it forever as a choice for my GT500. I thought about the black and silver, but didn't want to join the Raider Nation that way.

When I finally saw more pictures of the alloy I thought that is really a dark charcoal color and much darker than I thought and not as close a match to the gun-metal gray I really wanted. Another difficult color to keep clean also.

Now white with blue stripes are classic Ford Racing colors and classic 60's Shelby colors. So I went with what I feel is very traditional 60's Shelby colors. I doubt I would have been disappointed if I ended up with most any other colors though. I have now heard the 2008 GT500's will have ebony stripe options as well as a new base color.

NEW FOR 2008 OPTIONS:

All new HID- High Intensity Discharge headlamps option (51H)

All new Ambient Lighting Option (95M)

Vapor Clearcoat Metallic (ZY) replaces both Satin Silver and Tungsten

Ebony (85E) and Alloy (85A) stripes now available with selected exterior colors *

**PS: Pihen cture is borrowed from Mike's white Shelby Mustangs. White and blue is classic.**

+1 When I first saw pictures of the car I immediately thought of the classic 60s whimbleton white with blue stripes cars--classic ford racing colors. No regrets performance white with blue is my color and still brings a smile to my face every time I look at it. :headspin:

Well, I gave in to my post#57 in this thread. I sold my Red w/ white stripe GT500 and ordered the color I originally wanted Blue w/ Tungsten stripes. I also added Navigation this time around.

Blue with tungsten looks awesome. You won't be sorry............

CB

CB

Wow, he sold it and ordered another GT500 from color remorse. He must have bank and a good relationship with a Ford Dealer?!

I decided against the navigation. I didn't figure this car to travel all over and need it anyway. It's strictly a weekend cruiser for me. But I would just buy a pocket PC nav module for $250 rather than spend $2,000 on that nav screen. Kind of pricey don't you think? And anyway watching DVD's while your driving 90 mph+ is dangerous. :superhero::hysterical:

Because this is mostly a weekend driver for me just about any of those colors are cool. I do like my white and blue and it doesn't show the dirt like the darker colors do. I had a black Mustang before. Looks great, but a pain to keep clean. Uncle has the blue with white stripe 07 GT500 and likes those colors. They are nice! He also has the black and gold 66' Hertz Shelby GT350H. That one has a nice color combo too.

CB

It took me 1 week to decide on Blue w/ Tungsten, then 1 hour to jump on the red w/ white that showed up at the dealer I ordered from. After seeing pics of others with Blue/Tungsten I started second guessing my color choice. I was lucky enough to have a second chance

Wow, he sold it and ordered another GT500 from color remorse. He must have bank and a good relationship with a Ford Dealer?!

I decided against the navigation. I didn't figure this car to travel all over and need it anyway. It's strictly a weekend cruiser for me. But I would just buy a pocket PC nav module for $250 rather than spend $2,000 on that nav screen. Kind of pricey don't you think? And anyway watching DVD's while your driving 90 mph+ is dangerous. :superhero::hysterical:

Because this is mostly a weekend driver for me just about any of those colors are cool. I do like my white and blue and it doesn't show the dirt like the darker colors do. I had a black Mustang before. Looks great, but a pain to keep clean. Uncle has the blue with white stripe 07 GT500 and likes those colors. They are nice! He also has the black and gold 66' Hertz Shelby GT350H. That one has a nice color combo too.

No I don't have a bank..lol I paid 10k over sticker for the first one and I was lucky enough to get majority of it back when I decided to sell. I got a great deal on the Blue/Tungsten so things worked out in the end.. Hopefully my car will arrive this week!!

It took me 1 week to decide on Blue w/ Tungsten, then 1 hour to jump on the red w/ white that showed up at the dealer I ordered from. After seeing pics of others with Blue/Tungsten I started second guessing my color choice. I was lucky enough to have a second chance

No I don't have a bank..lol I paid 10k over sticker for the first one and I was lucky enough to get majority of it back when I decided to sell. I got a great deal on the Blue/Tungsten so things worked out in the end.. Hopefully my car will arrive this week!!

Good choice. Everyone knows Blue/Tungsten is fastest. :happy feet:

Archived