TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Color Regret?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply
+1, that is a great looking car. I would order silver stripes instead of white, if I had to do it again. I would still keep the red.

Blayne, I too had a hard time desiding between white and silver stripes. One regret I do have was not ordering the red inserts, at the time of my order there was no way of knowing whether the red was going to be dark which I did not want or bright red. Did anyone else have to make this desition? Of course it's easy now there are cars around to compare. :shrug:

These cars only come in two colors*, so you've only got a fifty-fifty chance of screwing up. What's to regret? I'm happy.

* Choice One: RED, Choice Two: Everything Else

Thats the colour that is in the most accidents.

:hysterical2:

Thats what the insurance company tells me. :hysterical:

Alloy is Better. :banana piano:

first was black with grey stripes then changed to red with white.I like most color's but had to go with rocket red6"]

svtkeith, I shared your same concerns regarding the interior, nothing worse than two shades of the same color that clash. I started with a red coupe with white stripes then quickly changed to satin silver to tone it down. Later, realizing I'd grow old driving it, I changed the order again to a vert. Now that I've committed to the 40th package I'm glad to have the satin silver, which should go nicely with the carbon fiber and AL grill work.

svtkeith, I shared your same concerns regarding the interior, nothing worse than two shades of the same color that clash. I started with a red coupe with white stripes then quickly changed to satin silver to tone it down. Later, realizing I'd grow old driving it, I changed the order again to a vert. Now that I've committed to the 40th package I'm glad to have the satin silver, which should go nicely with the carbon fiber and AL grill work.

McM post some pics I would love to see them. :hyper:

Thats the colour that is in the most accidents.

:hysterical2:

Thats what the insurance company tells me. :hysterical:

Alloy is Better. :banana piano:

Most? Doubtful. The most common color in general has been silver for a few years and white before. Now maybe RED has more than it's share as a proportion. MAYBE. Could be the women just naturally assume RED car drivers are more studly and try to get close, and, well, you know the rest. Besides, I see the Soccer moms on the cell phone all the time and not many of those minivans are Red, and you know THEY are more accident prone yacking on the brick.

Anyways, if that's true, then some of us Red car guys are gonna have real rare GT500s. Not wishing bad luck on anyone, mind. I think the claim smells like week old dead cat.

Most? Doubtful. The most common color in general has been silver for a few years and white before. Now maybe RED has more than it's share as a proportion. MAYBE. Could be the women just naturally assume RED car drivers are more studly and try to get close, and, well, you know the rest. Besides, I see the Soccer moms on the cell phone all the time and not many of those minivans are Red, and you know THEY are more accident prone yacking on the brick.

Anyways, if that's true, then some of us Red car guys are gonna have real rare GT500s. Not wishing bad luck on anyone, mind. I think the claim smells like week old dead cat.

I was told Red was in more accidents as most Sports Cars are red. People drive them fast. :burnout:

I doubt its true but Red is the hardest colour to see. Got that from the Psychology folks. Just bugging you. :poke:

I hope all GT500's are accident free regardless of their colour.

Besides, ALLOY is the best colour! :bowdown:

There was a survey done back a few years ago, where a Red sports car will be targeted by the police on a busy highway, 9 times out of 10 over any other color. Of course, they all have to be speeding, anyway.

Blayne, I too had a hard time desiding between white and silver stripes. One regret I do have was not ordering the red inserts, at the time of my order there was no way of knowing whether the red was going to be dark which I did not want or bright red. Did anyone else have to make this desition? Of course it's easy now there are cars around to compare. :shrug:

[/quot The 2 maindealer's and also mine could not order with red insert's in TORONTO?But was able to order the red insert's from MICHAGIN and the dealer would install them.hope this is any help goodluck!

[/quot The 2 maindealer's and also mine could not order with red insert's in TORONTO?But was able to order the red insert's from MICHAGIN and the dealer would install them.hope this is any help goodluck!

[/quot The 2 maindealer's and also mine could not order with red insert's in TORONTO?But was able to order the red insert's from MICHAGIN and the dealer would install them.hope this is any help goodluck!sorry for the 3 post's cant get them off?

There was a survey done back a few years ago, where a Red sports car will be targeted by the police on a busy highway, 9 times out of 10 over any other color. Of course, they all have to be speeding, anyway.

I guess I'll wait until my Red car is a few years old before I worry. Though I have to admit, I've only been pulled over when I was driving a Red car. Wait! I just realized, ALL my cars have been Red for the last 35 years. :doh: But, honestly, this sounds like the folks who did the survey had a case of Red Envy. Did you know that 9 out of 10 cars owned by people doing surveys are White? I did my own survey.

having a change of heart ... think i wish now that i would have gone with GRABBER ORANGE !

:hysterical2: :banana piano:

Two 500's eh?

Yes. It wasn't planned that way. I had an msrp deal yanked out from under me so I ended up bying one from another dealer but had to pay an adm.

As part of the settlement with the original dealership, Ford and myself, I was offered the opportunity to order the 2nd at msrp. An offer I couldn't resist.

Just curious if anyone is either unhappy or regrets getting the color they purchased?

My first choice was Grabber O, I never seriously considered anything else. Fast cars should look fast.......

I have no regrets and would do the same if I had the chance to order again. I do like White w/ Silver stripes as a second choice.

post-3989-1173319795_thumb.jpg

Yes. It wasn't planned that way. I had an msrp deal yanked out from under me so I ended up bying one from another dealer but had to pay an adm.

As part of the settlement with the original dealership, Ford and myself, I was offered the opportunity to order the 2nd at msrp. An offer I couldn't resist.

Care to share more about your story. May help lots of people who got a raw deal (ie. screw job) from a dealer who pulled their MSRP or similar offer.

Care to share more about your story. May help lots of people who got a raw deal (ie. screw job) from a dealer who pulled their MSRP or similar offer.

Joe G

It's been about 7 weeks since I ordered the vert. I don't want to post anything that may jeopardize my agreement with the Dealership and Ford. It's been a long tough road to get to where I am at this point.

I really don't want to get into details at this point. After I have the vert in the garage, I'll pm you with my phone number. Just too much involved to post a detailed reply at this point.

That's alot of pointing :hysterical: . Too many beers. :hysterical2:

Vista Blue with Tungsten stripes--love it every bit as much as I thought I would. No regrets!

CC

I'm with you CC. I got to order mine (Vista Blue w/Tungsten Stripes) and wouldn't have it otherwise . . . or at least I'm bold enough NOW to think it so. I absolutely love the color and the car.

6800 miles and stlll addicted to my whining baby. I just got in (1:00 AM CSD) from a trip to Houston to see the Grandson and I had to take her out. Only one 130 MPH romp. I love strutt'n her stuff . . .

To the rest of you . . . I really don't think there's a bad color combo.

Hammer down . . . Drive fast, Drive safe . . .

:speedie:

My first choice was Grabber O, I never seriously considered anything else. Fast cars should look fast.......

I have no regrets and would do the same if I had the chance to order again.

+1

I have NO regrets on the Grabber Orange. I Love it!

It's been about 7 weeks since I ordered the vert. I don't want to post anything that may jeopardize my agreement with the Dealership and Ford. It's been a long tough road to get to where I am at this point.

I really don't want to get into details at this point. After I have the vert in the garage, I'll pm you with my phone number. Just too much involved to post a detailed reply at this point.

Understand, I wouldn't want to screw up anything for you.

Good luck and keep us updated.

Archived