TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary 289 CSX8000

twobjshelbys

Just tell Marji that you are getting one for HER to drive :hysterical:

Gregg

07SGT0547

Used that one up already with the 40th......but it's worth another try. And if she catches on I'll tell her "but sweetie...it wasn't me...it was Gregg's idea. :hysterical:

I'm guessing 15 total as of yesterday.

Marji and I talked about the 50th on our drive home Sunday................She suggested since I don't have garage space that I sell 7076 and order the 50th :redcard: .

I was going with lets order the 50th and use Enis's idea of buying a 5 car garage with a house attached :hysterical: . Lets just say we're still negotiating :slapfight:

:hysterical: Marji will never go for it , women can only take so much.

Used that one up already with the 40th......but it's worth another try. And if she catches on I'll tell her "but sweetie...it wasn't me...it was Gregg's idea. :hysterical:

You already have "His & Her" GT500's...

The next "logical" choice would be to get her a Cobra to match yours...

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that...

Gregg

07SGT0547

You already have "His & Her" GT500's...

The next "logical" choice would be to get her a Cobra to match yours...

I see absolutely nothing wrong with that...

Gregg

07SGT0547

"See Marji........all Gregg's idea". :hysterical2:

Not to worry Gregg.....I'd never give up a brother.

Word around the campfire at the Barrett -Jackson was that a dealer or two bought most of these and will be offering them completed with drive train or without .

Doc Scott

It is my understanding that dealers buy all Cobras. You buy a car from an authorized dealer. Dealer orders through Shelby Distribution (Hillbank). Car is built and delivered to dealer. So it makes sense that all the cars will be in some dealers name/inventory. The question really is whether the cars were ordered by dealers with names attached to them or if they are spec buys. There's no options, so they will all look the same, so there isn't much inventory risk - you either want it black with all the options or not.

I got an email from Denbeste yesterday or the day before so we know that they have a few spec cars available.

It is my understanding that dealers buy all Cobras. You buy a car from an authorized dealer. Dealer orders through Shelby Distribution (Hillbank). Car is built and delivered to dealer. So it makes sense that all the cars will be in some dealers name/inventory. The question really is whether the cars were ordered by dealers with names attached to them or if they are spec buys. There's no options, so they will all look the same, so there isn't much inventory risk - you either want it black with all the options or not.

I got an email from Denbeste yesterday or the day before so we know that they have a few spec cars available.

Got the same email from DenBeste.

• 10 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I've heard that some of them are built and on the boat on the way here. It will be nice to see pictures of some of them.

Word is Shelby American has suspended orders for new Cobras, so these ought to command a premium now.

Really.......I hadn't heard that word, but I'm always a day late and a dollar short :doh:

• 3 months later...

Archived