TEAM SHELBY FORUM

50th Anniversary 289 CSX8000

twobjshelbys

I saw on another forum that Shelby American announced the 50th anniversary 289 CSX8000 at the Gala at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale last night. Does anyone have any details? Post them here!

It was running around out at the Bash. I never saw it - somebody must have some pics...

I saw on another forum that Shelby American announced the 50th anniversary 289 CSX8000 at the Gala at Barrett Jackson in Scottsdale last night. Does anyone have any details? Post them here!

Not sure on all the details but it will be limited to 50 cars only...............you can get aluminum or fiberglass.

Actually, the one running around at the Bash was my dark green one, which is the car they photoshopped and made black for the publicity pictures for the 50th cars.

It was running around out at the Bash. I never saw it - somebody must have some pics...

Wow, OK, I thought it was on its way to B-J by then.

John Luft spoke of it "running around" there and having a "wine" interior (as Roger called it) during the car show. It had the wire wheels and distinctive 50th Anniversary badges. Very nice.

Pics and specs are on Becker's website.

goplanetcobra.com

They are all going to be Black with red/wine colored interior.

SAI said that 10 were sold by the weekend. I had several people wanting to see if they fit in my 8000, because they were considering ordering one.

Pics and specs are on Becker's website.

goplanetcobra.com

They are all going to be Black with red/wine colored interior.

SAI said that 10 were sold by the weekend. I had several people wanting to see if they fit in my 8000, because they were considering ordering one.

I just talked to Gary Patterson on-the-ground at Barrett Jackson and SAI has taken deposits for/sold 15 of the 50th anniversary cars since the cars introduction on Monday night - I would have to guess the 50 to-be-built cars will be sold out by EOM.

http://www.goplanetcobra.com/50th-anniversary-cobra.html

I just talked to Gary Patterson on-the-ground at Barrett Jackson and SAI has taken deposits for/sold 15 of the 50th anniversary cars since the cars introduction on Monday night - I would have to guess the 50 to-be-built cars will be sold out by EOM.

http://www.goplanetcobra.com/50th-anniversary-cobra.html

Roger said he had 7 sold by Sunday at the car show.........so I wonder if BJ sales are just 8 more or 15 in addition to the 7 Roger said were sold? :headscratch:

Roger said he had 7 sold by Sunday at the car show.........so I wonder if BJ sales are just 8 more or 15 in addition to the 7 Roger said were sold? :headscratch:

I'm guessing 15 total as of yesterday.

Marji and I talked about the 50th on our drive home Sunday................She suggested since I don't have garage space that I sell 7076 and order the 50th :redcard: .

I was going with lets order the 50th and use Enis's idea of buying a 5 car garage with a house attached :hysterical: . Lets just say we're still negotiating :slapfight:

I'm guessing 15 total as of yesterday.

Marji and I talked about the 50th on our drive home Sunday................She suggested since I don't have garage space that I sell 7076 and order the 50th :redcard: .

I was going with lets order the 50th and use Enis's idea of buying a 5 car garage with a house attached :hysterical: . Lets just say we're still negotiating :slapfight:

Hilarious Dan!!!! Just like we have joked about before....get a garage with an attached house....Marji will just love it.... :finger:

Alex

Hilarious Dan!!!! Just like we have joked about before....get a garage with an attached house....Marji will just love it.... :finger:

Alex

You'll love this one Alex.

Last year, after I picked up the SS from your shop, I told Marji how cool your place was. Open a door.......more cars. Go into another room........more cars. I said "I gotta get a place like that to keep our cars".

Her reply....................."THAT'S HIS BUSINESS............HE'S NEEDS THAT SPACE FOR WORK". :rant2:

After 5 seconds of thinking for a perfect reply, all I could come up with was..........."so" :banghead:

I don't know brother..............seems I'll never learn.

Stephen Becker posted on SAAC forum yesterday that all 50 of the cars are sold.

Yuppers on that. About all you can do now is to call Roger and let him know that if anyone backs out on sending in their deposit that you'll step up to the plate. Although I have a feeling Roger may already have enough people already on that list.

The 50th Anniv Cobra was a steal in my opinion.

Steve

+1

But someone on the drive home from the Bash convinced me otherwise :slapfight:

Don't you just hate that pesky "voice of reason?" You know Dan, not getting the 50th is keeping you from justifying buying that grand oversize garage that you absolutely "need".

(Subliminal suggestion: 2012 GT350/Boss 302) :lurk:

Don't you just hate that pesky "voice of reason?" You know Dan, not getting the 50th is keeping you from justifying buying that grand oversize garage that you absolutely "need".

(Subliminal suggestion: 2012 GT350/Boss 302) :lurk:

:hysterical:

Oh man you got that right brother.

One good thing is the 140k alum 50th sure made the 65 Corvette I'm working on look cheap. happy%20feet.gif

One good thing is the 140k alum 50th sure made the 65 Corvette I'm working on look cheap. happy%20feet.gif

Hmmmm........You know, that sounds like "reasonable" garage buying fodder to me.

What the hell, give it a try. :beerchug:

BTW, I'll be hiding out here anxiously awaiting the wifes reaction (or the aftermath). :devil:

I am glad I already got my CSX8000! The wait for the Cobra shop to build 50 on top of all of the 4000's is going to be long. I was very fortunate that it only took 10 months for CSX8289. I recently heard that it was well over a year wait prior to the introduction of the 50th anniversary edition.

Great car worth the wait!!!

Hmmmm........You know, that sounds like "reasonable" garage buying fodder to me.

What the hell, give it a try. :beerchug:

BTW, I'll be hiding out here anxiously awaiting the wifes reaction (or the aftermath). :devil:

You and me both :victory:

Archived