TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby GT500CS

mach 1 1970

What's this all about ? They say you can order a 11 Mustang GT and they will turn it into a GT500CS with Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.. Check it out @ retrobuilt.com . They claim they will have the car shipped to them by Ford and convert it for 37K+. The convertible looks really cool and with the new 5.0 wow.

post-9597-0-84650600-1295278508_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-62537000-1295278746_thumb.png

post-9597-0-55816900-1295279414_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-84650600-1295278508_thumb.jpg

post-9597-0-62537000-1295278746_thumb.png

post-9597-0-55816900-1295279414_thumb.jpg

What's this all about ? They say you can order a 11 Mustang GT and they will turn it into a GT500CS with Carroll Shelby Licensing Inc.. Check it out @ retrobuilt.com . They claim they will have the car shipped to them by Ford and convert it for 37K.

Yes Retrobuilt has a license from Shelby Licensing to produce these cars. If I can locate the old press release I'll post it but for now just check out their website for all the details.

Steve

I hate to be a naysayer here...but,

The pictures I've seen of their cars look hodgepodgey. I'm not too sure how to describe it other than that? :headscratch:

Look long and hard at the front end shots. The grillework doesn't 'fill in' the entire opening of the nose? The nose seems dis-proportionate as it relates to the overhang of the front wheels? No?? I'm not hatin' here, just more like...uhhhh, I'm just very keen to design and detail. These cars are without a doubt very cool! They will probably fill a niche that is out there too. However, it surprises me that Carroll is putting his stamp of approval on them?

The Shelby Wheel Co. is sure behind it. They are sporting the new CS70's in bold fashion!

JMHO

BIKEBOY

Not sure who would buy this car @ $37K over a GT, but then you could buy a front end damaged mustang and save some money. There is one on Ebay with just this situation.

Not sure who would buy this car @ $37K over a GT, but then you could buy a front end damaged mustang and save some money. There is one on Ebay with just this situation.

The same kind of individual that is buying these:

Retro C5 Vette. I have personally laid my eyes on MANY of these, as there are ususally a few at the Scottsdale Pavillions car show in Az. This is a quality built car. However, remember that these start with composite body panels from GM. It seems it would be easier to build one of these than to try to retro-fit steel body panels on a Mustang?

Archived