TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carbon Fiber Splash Guards

Tucker

Check these out, there very cool.

We just installed a set on our 2011 GT and did a quick video.

Modeled from the GT500 splash guards, but 1" larger they look great and only cost $109.

We also have them for the 07-09 GT500 too.

TC10025-LG48-2.jpg

Video:

2007-09 Tru Carbon Splash Guards

2010-11 Tru Carbon Splash Guards

Thanks

Jay

Looks great.

Would love to see a pair designed from the front. The tires on the 2011 GT500 throws way to many rocks front and back.

sweet Jay...we'll be talkin...

i also remember someone posting a while back (either here or on svtp) that they acquired flaps for the front from the dealer off a diff vehicle, modified them and installed. looked factory. just dont remember where i saw that, or what vehicle their from...

front and rears would be sweet.

• 3 weeks later...

sweet Jay...we'll be talkin...

i also remember someone posting a while back (either here or on svtp) that they acquired flaps for the front from the dealer off a diff vehicle, modified them and installed. looked factory. just dont remember where i saw that, or what vehicle their from...

front and rears would be sweet.

Your wish is my command :hysterical:

We got to work and did exactly that, made a set a little smaller for the front.

These are the first parts from the mold, so it will be a few weeks before we can get stocked up, but I'll keep you posted on the price and progress it is happens.

:shift:

167765_497023282154_52080517154_6764825_697205_n.jpg

Your wish is my command :hysterical:

These are the first parts from the mold, so it will be a few weeks before we can get stocked up, but I'll keep you posted on the price and progress it is happens.

:shift:

167765_497023282154_52080517154_6764825_697205_n.jpg

Awesome, I want some!

Your wish is my command

VERY nice.

In post #1 you show the rears listed for a 2011. Are they the same for 2010?

Please post a product alert here on TS when you get the front mud/rock guards available, and how about a price?

I've tried to mentally block out my desire for all of the cool CF "flash" items since I decided my money would be better spent on go-fast goodies but a set of 4 rock guards is money well spent (it'll save me a PAINT JOB!).

TIA,

Phill

VERY nice.

In post #1 you show the rears listed for a 2011. Are they the same for 2010?

Please post a product alert here on TS when you get the front mud/rock guards available, and how about a price?

I've tried to mentally block out my desire for all of the cool CF "flash" items since I decided my money would be better spent on go-fast goodies but a set of 4 rock guards is money well spent (it'll save me a PAINT JOB!).

TIA,

Phill

+1 !!!

Can we get a picture of what the rear and front splash guards look like from the front/back standing a bit further out directly centre... like not at an angle. I would like to see how the 1" extra width looks to see if it's that noticeable. I am definitely interested in these though.... especially the front guards.... my doors are getting a rash and it's really annoying.

Here's some more shots.

181646_497315792154_52080517154_6768292_3004667_n.jpg

I'll get pricing up soon.

Thanks

Jay

Is that a optical illusion or do I see a slight "turn in" near the bottom of the front flap?

If it does cut in, why?

I'd like to see the front and rear match more closely but if there's a reason for the cut, obviously must need to be there.

Is there some kind of clearence or fitment issue, Jay?

TIA,

Phill

Is that a optical illusion or do I see a slight "turn in" near the bottom of the front flap?

If it does cut in, why?

I'd like to see the front and rear match more closely but if there's a reason for the cut, obviously must need to be there.

Is there some kind of clearence or fitment issue, Jay?

TIA,

Phill

Yes, it is cut in.

I wanted to make them as small as possible, but still do a good job. Spalsh guards on the front can look out of place it too big.

I started with a full size template that matched the rears. It was too big over all.

I trimmed it until I was happy with the over all size and then made them fit to the rocker (they are recessed to fit snug around the rocker indent and use the stock hardware)

When they were straight and cut at the very bottom they looked boring and big, so I added the cut in.

Yes, it is cut in.

I wanted to make them as small as possible, but still do a good job. Spalsh guards on the front can look out of place it too big.

I started with a full size template that matched the rears. It was too big over all.

I trimmed it until I was happy with the over all size and then made them fit to the rocker (they are recessed to fit snug around the rocker indent and use the stock hardware)

When they were straight and cut at the very bottom they looked boring and big, so I added the cut in.

If they serve the purpose of a mudflap and will allow me to put 285's on the front with out worring about rockchips, I'm SOLD!!!!

BTW, in your pics, what is the width of those front tires?

• 1 month later...

what size are the rears in this picture as I ordered these and they seem to look better in the pics of this car than a members track pck, maybe its just the angle but it seems to follow the bottom of the rear diffuser piece a little closer which i like better. hoping my car will closer to the gt than the pics of the gt500 and thats why I was curious to what rear size in this thread

what size are the rears in this picture as I ordered these and they seem to look better in the pics of this car than a members track pck, maybe its just the angle but it seems to follow the bottom of the rear diffuser piece a little closer which i like better. hoping my car will closer to the gt than the pics of the gt500 and thats why I was curious to what rear size in this thread

I guess what I am saying is that i like seeing more of the rear tire when looking at the profile from the back and hoping once i put them on i dont lose alot of that and see too much of the splash guard. I really dont have a problem with the rear coverage on my oem ones and mostly ordered them so I would have front coverage as Ford doesnt for some reason even make a set for the front

it would look quite strange with a miss match.

maybe I am just crazy but the gt pic looks more streamlined than the gt500 picture, maybe it was installed at more of a curved in angle....not sure

post-28534-0-21814700-1300332554_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-97959200-1300332571_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-21814700-1300332554_thumb.jpg

post-28534-0-97959200-1300332571_thumb.jpg

They are only installed one way...........not adjustable.

I guess what I am saying is that i like seeing more of the rear tire when looking at the profile from the back and hoping once i put them on i dont lose alot of that and see too much of the splash guard. I really dont have a problem with the rear coverage on my oem ones and mostly ordered them so I would have front coverage as Ford doesnt for some reason even make a set for the front

it would look quite strange with a miss match.

maybe I am just crazy but the gt pic looks more streamlined than the gt500 picture, maybe it was installed at more of a curved in angle....not sure

Archived