TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Carroll Shelby signed GT-H hoods to be available

JeffJ

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Be aware, shipping charges are steep!

Yea, the box isn't that heavy, but it is big, so I imagine must be truck shipped. There was no question in my mind that I was going to buy one when I was there. Extra bonus is that a buddy of mine who lives within 10 miles from me was there with his trailer. I'm very glad that you guys are getting this opportunity. I posted here because I for sure wanted you guys that are here and GT-H owners get first opportunity. Also, if we clear them out here, Shelby does not have to go through the trouble of putting them on the web site. Glad it is all working out! :happy feet:

Here are the numbers of the hoods left. Juan just called me.

119, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 137

Get them while you can. I bought #120.

Hey there, I bought #124. What are your plans on doing with yours? Wonder what the chances are of finding our number that would match our car? I ask Juan if there was a record of the numbers that were sent out and he said he didnt know of all of them.

Later,

Steve

Here are the numbers of the hoods left. Juan just called me.

119, 128, 129, 130, 131, 132, 133, 134, 137

Get them while you can. I bought #120.

Hey there, I bought #124. What are your plans on doing with yours? Wonder what the chances are of finding our number that would match our car? I ask Juan if there was a record of the numbers that were sent out and he said he didnt know of all of them.

Later,

Steve

Later,

Steve

Sometime last year I went and looked at one of the hoods to see if they had the original cars vin number on them. I couldn't find any vins on them. I again rechecked during the Bash event as we had many GTH enthusiasts in attendance and again I couldn't find any vin numbers on these hoods. Would have been cool to know which car each hood came off of.

I did learn that there are actually less than 300 of these signed hoods. Yes I know the plaque says x out of 300 but it didn't end up that way.

Steve

You can scratch #133 of the list Harold. That one was purchased by me yesterday and will be on it's way to Michigan on Monday. Shipping sucked it was $160 shipping fees. Oh well. I would love to find #40 to match the car but that is a longshot. Juan did tell me he was trying to be fair and calling people back in the order he recived their E-mails. He was very nice and friendly on the phone.I enjoyed talking to him.

James

You can scratch #133 of the list Harold. That one was purchased by me yesterday and will be on it's way to Michigan on Monday. Shipping sucked it was $160 shipping fees. Oh well. I would love to find #40 to match the car but that is a longshot. Juan did tell me he was trying to be fair and calling people back in the order he recived their E-mails. He was very nice and friendly on the phone.I enjoyed talking to him.

James

Congrats on #133. Juan is correct and called me as I was first on his list. The problem was shippng to Canada was $260.00 so I figured that was a lot to hang on my garagemahall wall as I have no room for it anyways. I have 07 #133 so I thought it would be neat. Glad you are getting it James. All the best.

Soft Top

Congrats on #133. Juan is correct and called me as I was first on his list. The problem was shippng to Canada was $260.00 so I figured that was a lot to hang on my garagemahall wall as I have no room for it anyways. I have 07 #133 so I thought it would be neat. Glad you are getting it James. All the best.

Soft Top

Well the reason I wound up with that one, All of the numbers left had no meaning to me and I am 33 years old. That is why I picked 133. I would love to find #40 to match my 06 but good luck on that one. At least you know where #133 is. If I can find #40 you can have dibs on this one. Where are you located in Ontario? I am about 2 hours from Windsor.

James

Was there any paperwork that came with the hood???

Got my #120 hood. Interesting that my hood was signed on the side of the hood (passenger side) verses across the front. Nice large signature but only seems to have one R in Carroll. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance. Box even indicated "signed sideways".

Got my #120 hood. Interesting that my hood was signed on the side of the hood (passenger side) verses across the front. Nice large signature but only seems to have one R in Carroll. I will post pictures as soon as I get a chance. Box even indicated "signed sideways".

DUDE!!!!!! That signature is a factory "one-off", Do you know how rare that is!!!!!! :lol:

Yeah, one r is a little weird.

QSS

#133 arrived in Michigan this afternoon.Pretty unique piece to add to the collection. A couple of the guys at work thought I was a little Nutty for buying it but they are bowtie boys anyway. Harold your wall of fame is awesome. I was showing the wife the picture of the motorcraft sign so if she ever ran accross one to get it for me. Where did you get your from? I am guessing Ebay. I will start looking for one to add to the collection.

James

Thanks H0050. After reading the entire thread I thought it would be no way in H*LL that I would find 119. After seeing the posts about Juan not returning calls I thought I was out of luck but shot him an email anyway...much to my surprise, within 30 minutes he emailed back and said he had 119 at the shop, offered to get me a shipping quote and all. I told him I didn't need a quote, to just send me an invoice, which he did and I have already called and paid the gentleman.

So with all that said I want to thank you all, especially Juan. This will be a true treasure in my collection.

Chance

Thanks H0050. After reading the entire thread I thought it would be no way in H*LL that I would find 119. After seeing the posts about Juan not returning calls I thought I was out of luck but shot him an email anyway...much to my surprise, within 30 minutes he emailed back and said he had 119 at the shop, offered to get me a shipping quote and all. I told him I didn't need a quote, to just send me an invoice, which he did and I have already called and paid the gentleman.

So with all that said I want to thank you all, especially Juan. This will be a true treasure in my collection.

Chance

Very nice Chance! You're probably one of the few that has the same number as car. Of course you know, this is probably not the hood that came off your car, but having that number is very cool. I was hoping that #102 would have been amongst those left, but no. Good job!! :happy feet:

Chance

Vey nice. Glad it worked out. How bad is your car?

• 1 month later...

Archived