TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Got Bored this weekend

fcettner

I decided to work on the KR this weekend and pulled the wheels to clean/polish, then installed these caliber covers on the rear. Don't try this at home without some tooling. I had to modify covers to fit my wheels with the Baer rear rotor upgrade. I ended up trimming an 1/4 inch off the outer surface to allow wheel clearance.

Spring can't come too soon... :happy feet:

DSC02484.JPG

DSC02486.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

DSC02484.JPG

DSC02486.JPG

DSC02489.JPG

Nice.

What do you polish your rims with?

I use hot water and a spray or two of simple green on the inside of the rims, then treat it with armor all wheel protectant strickly on the inside. On the outside I use a warm water wipe down and then use turtle 'Ice' detailer spray to treat the outter rims.

Thanks

Why would you have to trim them aren`t they suppose to fit????????????

I have the Eradispeed rear brake rotor upgrade kit and with the larger rotors/caliber brackets installed the caliber covers were too close for comfort with the KR rims. I cut 2 threads off the mount bolts too.

Later, Fred

Hey Fred, Any chance that these covers could be modifded to fit the front Brembos in your opinion?

I think they'll only fit the stock mustang brake calibers (front and rear). They won't fit Brembo brake calibers for sure. I'm going Shelby Baer extreme front brakes. That will be my next upgrade.

Later, Fred

Nice Job Fred!!!

Next time you’re bored come on over, you can help me with some of my MODS (Airbag cover)

:drool:

Tim

Yeah Tim - Let's get er done. Been waiting for the airbag cover install.

Take care,

Fred

Archived