TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Shelby GT hood scoop?

Tha_PiG

Hello all. I am in the process of doing some subtle mods to a 2001 Bullitt Mustang.

I'm having a hood custom made and I am in the market for a Shelby GT hood scoop.

I figured yall might be able to help me out.

I cant seem to find one anywhere on line other than cheaply made knock off ones.

Anyone have one For Sale? Or know where I can find one?

Thanks, my name is John. (770)366-5312

2007_ford_mustang_shelby_gt_comparo_gallery_2007_ford_mustang_shelby_gt_hood_scoop_image_0011_cd_gallery.jpg

2009BullittNats406.jpg

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Bro. But I'm not sure that is for real. The moderators closed that thread because the guy was asking $1,000,000 for it...

I went ahead and PM'ed him anyway..

John,

Gee, I like the Bullitt just the way it is! Anyhow, unless someone's selling one on ebay or somewhere else, I don't think you'll find an "original" scoop, and you probably wouldn't want it anyway! (warps, non-functional, etc.)

My suggestion is to look up Chip Beck (on this forum) and or Heath Lhoste. They have a replica scoop made from aerospace material that is in nearly everyway identical to the real deal, it's expensive, it's unfinished, but it's functional!

Sam

If that's a current photo of your car.................that is a bitchin' '01 BULLITT!!

Thanks my friend. That is a current photo. You can see my specs and a few other pictures here:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=306

I'm working on installing an Eaton M112 blower off a Cobra. I have the kit and all the parts, I just need a taller hood.

I am modifying a fiberglass '03 Cobra style hood. I just figured the Shelby hood scoop would make one heck of a finishing touch.

IF I can find one at a reasonable price....

I've always been a huge fan of the Shelby GT. Even looked at trading the Bullitt for one a couple times. I just cant afford one...

I've been on this sight a million times looking at yall's cars, I've just never registered until now.

Nice bunch of rides on here!!!

John,

Gee, I like the Bullitt just the way it is! Anyhow, unless someone's selling one on ebay or somewhere else, I don't think you'll find an "original" scoop, and you probably wouldn't want it anyway! (warps, non-functional, etc.)

My suggestion is to look up Chip Beck (on this forum) and or Heath Lhoste. They have a replica scoop made from aerospace material that is in nearly everyway identical to the real deal, it's expensive, it's unfinished, but it's functional!

Sam

Thanks friend. I like the way it is too! Problem is, I need more clearance for a blower install. So I'm looking to do something totally different from everyone else.

I like being different. This is what i have done to the current "non-functioning" scoop that I already have.

I'll look these guys up and see what they have to offer, Thanks. Unfortunately this blower build is already sucking me dry, so if they're tooo expensive, I may have to go another route.

But thank you very much for you input!

2.jpg

2009BullittNats416.jpg

Thanks my friend. That is a current photo. You can see my specs and a few other pictures here:

http://www.imboc.com/forums/vbpicgallery.php?do=view&g=306

I'm working on installing an Eaton M112 blower off a Cobra. I have the kit and all the parts, I just need a taller hood.

I am modifying a fiberglass '03 Cobra style hood. I just figured the Shelby hood scoop would make one heck of a finishing touch.

IF I can find one at a reasonable price....

I've always been a huge fan of the Shelby GT. Even looked at trading the Bullitt for one a couple times. I just cant afford one...

I've been on this sight a million times looking at yall's cars, I've just never registered until now.

Nice bunch of rides on here!!!

Call FORD of North Scottsdale in Scottsdale Arizona. Ask for the parts dept. and ask for Shalico. Tell him Chris Hall from CG Bike in Fountain Hills told you to call him. They had a brand new SGT scoop 'in the box' not for sale...wink wink! I almost bought it for my Exploder, but instead they sold me a '07 Stang GT hoodscoop, that I'm really happy with, btw. It could be gone now, but it's worth a shot! :)

They had it shipped to them for a warranty, and never used it. Good luck buddy. Let us all know!

BIKEBOY (Chris)

Call FORD of North Scottsdale in Scottsdale Arizona. Ask for the parts dept. and ask for Shalico.

Just got off the phone with Shalico. No go....

Wow, after talking to him I have a whole new respect for Shelby parts. He said for him to get one he has to send a damaged one to them 1st!! Lol!

I feel like I'm on a treasure hunt. Now I REALLY want one! The search continues....

My suggestion is to look up Chip Beck (on this forum) and or Heath Lhoste.

I did find Chip, however, it seems he's not on here much these days.. I did PM him.

I couldnt seem to locate Heath.. Anyone have contact info for these guys?

Actually, before we go down that road, Anyone know just how "expensive" these scoops are? Thanks

Also, this is some good info I found posted on another thread:

The Shelby GT has a far more serious look about it when that hood scoop is open. My 16-year-old son Charley recently did a high school science experiment. The subject he chose to analyze was the effectiveness of automobile hood scoops and whether or not they did anything beneficial at reasonable vehicle speeds. Heath Lehost at Performance One Aviation provided us with both a calibrated aircraft altimeter and remote temperature measuring equipment so that we could take accurate measurements of temperature and air density. The reduction in temperature near the supercharger was over 20°F with that scoop open! After an extended period of idling the reduction in temperature was 35°F!!! As supercharger efficiency is greatly affected by temperature, your open scoop is unquestionably more than just an ornament.

Heath has sold about a dozen of those scoops now with a 100% satisfaction rate from everybody who has received one. Compare that with the satisfaction rate of the scoops everybody else is trying to deal with.

All the best.

Chip

I didnt realize a functioning scoop made that big of a difference!!

Thanks friend. I like the way it is too! Problem is, I need more clearance for a blower install. So I'm looking to do something totally different from everyone else.

I like being different. This is what i have done to the current "non-functioning" scoop that I already have.

I'll look these guys up and see what they have to offer, Thanks. Unfortunately this blower build is already sucking me dry, so if they're tooo expensive, I may have to go another route.

But thank you very much for you input!

2.jpg

2009BullittNats416.jpg

Your car is SICK! :drool: Thanks for the pic's and luv of shelby GT's.

I did find Chip, however, it seems he's not on here much these days.. I did PM him.

I couldnt seem to locate Heath.. Anyone have contact info for these guys?

Actually, before we go down that road, Anyone know just how "expensive" these scoops are? Thanks

Also, this is some good info I found posted on another thread:

I didnt realize a functioning scoop made that big of a difference!!

That's the guy! Performance One Aviation, talk to Heath. I don't know what the price would be today. A year or so ago it was around $600 unfinished and pre-drilled.

Good luck!

Sam

A year or so ago it was around $600 unfinished and pre-drilled.

Yikes.. :huh: :o I guess I didnt do I good enough job explaining that I'm white trash and cant afford $600 hood scoops ;)

Oh well... I'll continue looking for one... But unless I can find one for about 200 bucks, I'll have to go without..

The hunt continues...

Think I solved your problem. A few months ago my SGT got nailed in a hailstorm. Since I needed over $10,000.00 in body work, it seemed a good time to make lemonade out of a lemon.

So, I located a CS/6 hood and grill complete with Piaa driving lights etc. "Donated" my scoop and hood to the body shop and told the owner to find a worthy place for them.

Contact Dave at DeVries Custom Coachworks in Wickenberg AZ...928-684-5676. Remind him it came off a '07 black SGT. Good hunting - Ron

I'll call them tomorrow my friend, and again on Monday if they're closed on Saturdays. :)

Thank you Very much for your assistance in this matter.

Friends helping friends..... I was going to say maybe a run to some bone-yards. There have been some showing up on here that were wrecked but the scoop looked like it made it!

Good luck!

Yes the Beck-Lhoste scoop was expensive! So, are you Law enforcement? "the pig" handle, license plate, and "Donut" county Georgia kinda lead me to thinking that way! :hysterical:

Sam

Yup. Been with the county since 1993. Started right out of high school.

Got a couple leads on a scoop. One in Arizona and one in Ohio.

Hopefully have one soon!

Yup. Been with the county since 1993. Started right out of high school.

Got a couple leads on a scoop. One in Arizona and one in Ohio.

Hopefully have one soon!

I kind of knew that. I've been a reserve for 15 years. Work for Joe Arpaio...he says - "world's toughest Sheriff"

Work for Joe Arpaio

Arpaio is my hero. Hell, he's everyone's hero out this way!

My girlfriend is from Phoenix. I've been out there a couple times with her and I always hoped to meet him.

But I figured it be kind of like trying to meet up with a celebrity, so I never really tried.

BTW, I attempted to call Dave at DeVries Custom Coachworks today. They were closed. I'll give them a call again on Monday morning.

Also, I've got a lead on another hood scoop if this deal falls through. So we'll see what happens.

Arpaio is my hero. Hell, he's everyone's hero out this way!

My girlfriend is from Phoenix. I've been out there a couple times with her and I always hoped to meet him.

But I figured it be kind of like trying to meet up with a celebrity, so I never really tried.

BTW, I attempted to call Dave at DeVries Custom Coachworks today. They were closed. I'll give them a call again on Monday morning.

Also, I've got a lead on another hood scoop if this deal falls through. So we'll see what happens.

Dude...Sherriff Joe ain't all that. Trust me. He gets coffee every morning at the same Circle K that I did. He is a grumpy old dude!! Don't get me wrong, he is a GREAT Sherriff, but when you meet him, he is not a very friendly guy. I had a bicycle shop in Fountain Hills, where Joe lives for a long, long time. His home is up on a hill in the very backside of F.H. against the Rez. for protection. He drives a bulletproof Crown Vic. and is a very prominent figure in the Phx. area. He loves the media, as we all know. As a business owner in Fountain Hills, (back in the day), I went to a business luncheon there, one day and Joe was the guest speaker. He speaks kinda comical actually, but is not too friendly 'one on one' with ya when you talk to him personally.

I give Sherriff Joe alot of koodos for his tough stance he takes on law enforcement, and how he stands up to the Az. Atty. General! The best part of Sherrif Joe, is that the criminals ARE afraid of him!!

:backtotopic:

The best part of Sherrif Joe, is that the criminals ARE afraid of him!!

:backtotopic:

I guess its good that I haven't met him then!! I had to work in our county jail for about 2 years. It sucked.

My favorite part about him is the whole tent city thing. Dirt bags are in jail because they have proven they cannot live among us. So they are in "time out"

You should hear them b!tch and moan 24/7! And for the most part, the dirt bags have it made in our jail compared to tent city.

I think all jails should be like tent city! My philosophy, "You don't like jail? Don't break the freakin law!" Seems quite simple if you ask me... :soapbox:

Oh, and yeah, :backtotopic:

Think I solved your problem. A few months ago my SGT got nailed in a hailstorm. Since I needed over $10,000.00 in body work, it seemed a good time to make lemonade out of a lemon.

So, I located a CS/6 hood and grill complete with Piaa driving lights etc. "Donated" my scoop and hood to the body shop and told the owner to find a worthy place for them.

Contact Dave at DeVries Custom Coachworks in Wickenberg AZ...928-684-5676. Remind him it came off a '07 black SGT. Good hunting - Ron

Just got off the phone with your friend Dave. He wanted $300 shipped. I figured that was a fair price so I went ahead and bought it. Even though he got it for FREE!! :lol:

Thanks for your help My Friend!

Just got off the phone with your friend Dave. He wanted $125 shipped. I figured that was a fair price so I went ahead and bought it.

Thanks for your help My Friend!

Hey officer.....

Excellent! Now go to the SHELBY GT Modification Forum and look up Stromracer's 'Productive Project' thread....He has the very best install of one of those scoops, that I've ever seen!! :salute:

BIKEBOY

edit- for you with your hood, just as it relates to the nut-zerts for attachment!

Archived