TEAM SHELBY FORUM

$109,084 for a GT350

Well, once again here we have a my weiner is bigger than yours thread.

I can assure you this, if the bs in this thread does not stop, I will be forced to lock, or move the thread.

What is going on is NOT benefiting anything or anyone here. This is the only warning I will give. Lose the bs or I will shut it down for you.

Thanx to all for your cooperation.

Chris

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I can assure you this, if the bs in this thread does not stop, I will be forced to lock, or move the thread.

What is going on is NOT benefiting anything or anyone here. This is the only warning I will give. Lose the bs or I will shut it down for you.

Chris

Its no biggie Chris,( the thread, not your wiener, Im sure you have a magnificent wiener), a good nights sleep seems to do wonders for my tolerance of haters.:hysterical: Now if we get into bigger wiener contests, I would sure hope you delete the thread not just lock it!:hysterical3:

Warren what group were you driving in?

I was pretty involved with my car and getting the novice guy set up in my car...

Wieners? My 1/4 mile slip i still quicker than Warrens on street tires...;@)

Group 1. I didnt want to get stuck with the guys who drag the straights and 30 mph it through the turns, makes for a very frustrating experience. Yeah, that GTS is some car too, huh. Guess we get to find out more about that after Chicago. I got nothing to say about the 1/4 mile yet. Strangely enough, its been an actual winter here in San Antonio this season, where we usually have just cold spells from time to time. 2 or 3 more weeks, and I think I will have a chance to run it in better weather.:salute: 40 degree temps are no bueno for traction.

Chris

This could be your first job as Speaker!!!! :hysterical:

I just hope your not a cryer like Boehner!!!? :hysterical:

Ok next time Ill group 1 if I can I was under the impression it was Roll Bars and Harnesses in 1...

Its all great Warren I loved hearing your car come down the straight!!!

Pure beauty man!!

According to the lightly read Survival Guide, your beautiful car qualifies for Group 1

Ok next time Ill group 1 if I can I was under the impression it was Roll Bars and Harnesses in 1...

Its all great Warren I loved hearing your car come down the straight!!!

Pure beauty man!!

Much less "traffic" in Group I... Besides, I usually run at the back of the pack (no S/C on my SGT) and it takes most of the session for the fastest car(s) to catch up anyhow...

Not to mention, being "passed" by an old-school GT350 really isn't all that bad shift.gif

post-8727-0-74406000-1296073343_thumb.jpg

Gregg

07SGT0547

post-8727-0-74406000-1296073343_thumb.jpg

At mid America group one is prepped cars and prepped drivers, if you are a moving hazard, you will be called in for a talk with the grid official, if you disagree you get me, At Mid America we are blessed with a larger group of "real"drivers, these guys are a great resource for us weekend warriors, utilize them.

At mid America group one is prepped cars and prepped drivers, if you are a moving hazard, you will be called in for a talk with the grid official, if you disagree you get me, At Mid America we are blessed with a larger group of "real"drivers, these guys are a great resource for us weekend warriors, utilize them.

Can I try group 1 with the "real" drivers???!!!

Now this thread has degraded to the point of saying all those in group 2 are not "real" drivers.

Believe it or not, not one of you are named Parnelli so give it a rest.

Don't take that the wrong way, there are many good drivers in group 2, but the problem is it is SO large of a group, you just get stacked up, and if there is just one guy going slow, every car behind gets caught behind in a line of frustrated drivers. As fast as these cars are, only one or two cars can pass at any given straight. And if that slow driver is driving a car with great acceleration, they usually floor it on the straights and then you have another 4 turns or so before your next passing opportunity. It gets frustrating. You don't have to be Parnelli, just don't be a Mr. Magoo

Funny aside when I called Sam Strano at Strano Performance for brake pads and what he recommended, he asked how I used the car...I replied "well I am Mario Fing Andretti of course" ....we both laughed and he sent me some great pads...

I was having fun in group 2 to the max...for some reason I thought 1 was for race cars...my car is track prepped now that I think about it...:hysterical:

There were some great drivers in 2...especially the crazy dude in the vert rental with fender stripes...ya know the DRIFTER!!!

Hey Doc!

Just so there's no confusion, the picture I posted above was from a Group 2 session at Mid-America a couple of years ago... The Group 1 remarks pertained to the BASH events out in Las Vegas...

I understand that some of the guys at Hallett have been going there for years with the same car(s) and have a "race" setup just for that particular track shift.gif

Whereas the number of "new" drivers at the Vegas BASH always seems to be greater than the returning "veterans"... Hence the lack of "race prepared" cars in the Advanced Group...

Just as long as everyone has fun and enjoys what these cars can do out on the track...

Gregg

07SGT0547

EDIT ~ And just to make things "fun" this year, I plan on being at Mid-America on SAT this time just to be able to drive around the track in the "opposite" direction... And YES, I will start out in Group 3, at least for the morning session(s)...

• 4 weeks later...

No bashing, I mean you are supposing because you have never seen one perform. A KR? Not a chance. The GT500s just arent suited for road course driving. Even the Supersnakes couldnt come close. Now if you want to compare top end driving, Im sure the 350 would fall short. Im not knocking ANY other Shelby here, Im just defending your knocks on the 350. I hear it ALL THE TIME, "Wow, thats nothing like the pictures". ALL THE TIME. The BOSS LS will be a great NA track car, but again, it doesnt have a single thing my 350 doesnt already have performance wise, and I got 40% more power. I will wipe the track with a BOSS, no problem. As far as the vintage GT350s, we had 6 at the bash, including GT350 Rs, not clones either, and my car passed them all, and would have lapped them in another lap. If you compare a NA GT350 to a BOSS LS, I think you are probably right, I wont deny that. But Im putting 537RWHP on the track, and few cars out there can say that without a 5.4 block. There were KRs out there, there were Supersnakes out there, there were Terlinguas out there too. I experienced what the car can do, Im not supposing. Sure, the driver has very much to do with it, but when you are talking about the better drivers out there, you still are talking 10ths of seconds in time difference driving the same car, and against great drivers I know in GT500SS's, we are talking 7-10 seconds difference off a 2 minute lap time. Think about this, a 725HP Supersnake is rated 0-60 in 4.4 seconds. Im almost a FULL second quicker. Also, a 4k car in 1965 was a LOT of money for a car back then. Sure, the 350 is pricey now by any standard compared to a mustang, but if you compare it to Ferraris or Lamborghinis or other near supercar prices, it is a bargain and quicker on the track. Watch the HD Theater's upcoming program on Carroll Shelby. It is a 4 part mini series that will show what the GT350 is capable of. I know you love your KR, great, good for you, but I dont dog YOUR car for having a completely unnecessary hood and splitter that does nothing for the car except make it impossible to fix, and while you got a great deal on it Im sure, I dont see you faulting other KR owners if they spent 100k on THEIR cars. Dont dog mine because I spent 75k on it. I bet you wouldnt have a single bad thing to say if someone walked up to you and tried to buy yours for 120k. I dont see Aaron going "120k for a mustang?!! You must be crazy, no way!" Besides, ask GT500 owners what they put INTO their cars money wise, and I bet 75k turnkey out the door isnt such a bad deal after all. I easily put 75k in my GT500, and it wouldnt have come close to my GT350 if I put another 10k into it. Now, full griggs suspension, track tires, race clutch and rear brakes, and sure, you have a GT500 that cost you 75k, and would only be a couple seconds off my car's time, but you arent going to take pleasure cruises in it, and I guarantee you it wont drive on the street as friendly as my car does, and I dont have track tires, or rear brakes, or a full on adjustable race suspension. Thats what shine about this build, and maybe you just arent capable of understanding it, but it is what it is. The KR was never designed for tracking, and the GT350 was built with the track in mind. What does your KR do on the 1/4 mile? 12.8, maybe 12.3 with some mods? Shave another second off and come race me.

A 40k GT350, huh? I cant wait to revisit this topic in one year. And just for the record, you like the Laguna Seca looks wise over the 350? :headscratch: Well, I think that just says it all right there. (Except the one off Grabber Blue LS that sold Saturday, that one looked killer)

Aim for the head?:hysterical: Besides, that one is all rattle, no fangs.

:hysterical3: :bag:

Hello all,

Can anyone provide more information regarding the 4 part mini series on HD Theatre...i.e dates, times...etc. I have not been able to find anything regarding the show and want to ensure that I do not miss it.

Thanks.

Man, that thread stooped to some disgraceful depths at points... Shameful that other Shelby owners would so directly crap on other owners cars. I think this thread should have been more about ADM that car had/has, than anything else. Is $110k for that 350 worth it? To some, that wanted one, had the money and didn't get in on the original orders, SURE IT IS! Is it WORTH that to most? Probably not. Is it the top level model the fastest production based Mustang to date... according to Motor Trend it is. What other mustangs pulled the numbers this car did AS BUILT... NOT further modified by the owner?

The "best ever" debate is a good one, but man, it was really infuriating to hear people, SHELBY OWNERS NO LESS, shit on this car and other owners like some here did. Anyone should know that calling the GT350 RICER is fightin' words. Have an OUNCE of respect already. I can't stand it when people pull the YOU'RE CAR SUCKS lever and then hide behind the, "that's just my opinion" ploy. You're on a Shelby website and you dang well know that's going to be inflammatory and incite chaos. The 'that's just my opinion" ploy only works if you employ respect at the same time, if you ask me... if you don't, you're just trolling and inciting.

Man this thread ticked me off at times. :censored:

PS - anyone seen one of these ACTUALLY sell aftermarket? I know this one was ASKING $100+, but has anyone seen one change hands yet? If so, for how much? My only hope of one is on the second hand market sometime down the road... wondering which "direction" the price is going... if anywhere yet.

Man, that thread stooped to some disgraceful depths at points... Shameful that other Shelby owners would so directly crap on other owners cars. I think this thread should have been more about ADM that car had/has, than anything else. Is $110k for that 350 worth it? To some, that wanted one, had the money and didn't get in on the original orders, SURE IT IS! Is it WORTH that to most? Probably not. Is it the top level model the fastest production based Mustang to date... according to Motor Trend it is. What other mustangs pulled the numbers this car did AS BUILT... NOT further modified by the owner?

The "best ever" debate is a good one, but man, it was really infuriating to hear people, SHELBY OWNERS NO LESS, shit on this car and other owners like some here did. Anyone should know that calling the GT350 RICER is fightin' words. Have an OUNCE of respect already. I can't stand it when people pull the YOU'RE CAR SUCKS lever and then hide behind the, "that's just my opinion" ploy. You're on a Shelby website and you dang well know that's going to be inflammatory and incite chaos. The 'that's just my opinion" ploy only works if you employ respect at the same time, if you ask me... if you don't, you're just trolling and inciting.

Man this thread ticked me off at times. :censored:

Dude, I like the way you roll. You speak and write eliquently. On all your posts.

Chris

Archived