TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Have you noticed?

A couple of commercials have caught my attention lately......"mayhem" is a hoot and the 21st vs Progressive ones are fun too. Both of them have a lawn mower themed commercial where the character rides the mower from left to right across the screen and blasts the cars (21st) and the house/boat/car (Mayhem) in the back ground. While I'm not an expert on yard equipment, I can't find a single mower on the market which has a left discharge chute. Only very, very old Allis tractor belly-mowers discharged on the left, but no current, or even in the last decade or two, mowers have been built that way. Somewhere, years ago, an osha or epa engineer decided we were much safer with right discharge mowers (rear discharge have come along recently) and they've all been built that way since! SO, in the Mayhem and 21st ads, the mowers were modified to discharge on the left, either physically or electronically.

See, told you I was bored.......:confused:

A couple of commercials have caught my attention lately......"mayhem" is a hoot and the 21st vs Progressive ones are fun too. Both of them have a lawn mower themed commercial where the character rides the mower from left to right across the screen and blasts the cars (21st) and the house/boat/car (Mayhem) in the back ground. While I'm not an expert on yard equipment, I can't find a single mower on the market which has a left discharge chute. Only very, very old Allis tractor belly-mowers discharged on the left, but no current, or even in the last decade or two, mowers have been built that way. Somewhere, years ago, an osha or epa engineer decided we were much safer with right discharge mowers (rear discharge have come along recently) and they've all been built that way since! SO, in the Mayhem and 21st ads, the mowers were modified to discharge on the left, either physically or electronically.

You need to see your wife & get a TO DO LIST :hysterical:

Get - a - hobby! :hysterical:

Commercials? What commercials??? I either hit the FF button on the DVR or go get another drink during the game...commercials, never see 'em! :hysterical:

John

PS...I might hit pause on the Victoria Secret commercials, but that's it! :shades:

You can come to my house and help me with my pill box maybe sit in on one of my sessions with the shrink. That would get you going !!!!

Bud Light commercials are pretty good!

Here We Go! :beerchug:

I just saw the Lawn Mower Commercial................................ the question should be: What is the Meaning of the Mower going from Left to Right instead of Right to Left. Making it go Left to Right, they had to Modify the Mower Deck or they flipped the Negative making the Mower go Left to Right........WHY?

I just saw the Lawn Mower Commercial................................ the question should be: What is the Meaning of the Mower going from Left to Right instead of Right to Left. Making it go Left to Right, they had to Modify the Mower Deck or they flipped the Negative making the Mower go Left to Right........WHY?

Yeah, see what I mean? Is there some subliminal cue in the mower going left to right????? Russians producing the commercials trying to brainwash us????? I don't know, Margo, I don't know!

Yeah, see what I mean? Is there some subliminal cue in the mower going left to right????? Russians producing the commercials trying to brainwash us????? I don't know, Margo, I don't know!

Leave the russians out of this its not their fault they can't figure out that Vodka isn't water !!! :hysterical: In russia if your not drunk you can be arrested and charged with public awareness and blood alchol of 0.0 :salute:

Archived