TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A little sumptin' sumptin' to match the welt...

pitpup

I showed you my welt in an earlier thread. Custom painted Grabber Orange, it was. In case you missed it, I'll throw in a pic. What I'm most bummed out about is the fact that I got my GO seat covers from Classic Soft Trim and have not been able to get them installed due to the flippin' cold weather. But here's a shot of the back seats sitting on my couch. Once these are in, I can't think of too much more I want to do to the interior. Anyhoo, thanks for lookin'!

Back_In_Black_014.jpg

CST_001.jpg

Hey, Pup!!

Great to hear from you!

You know I love my silver trim.

Do these come in light grey/silver?

Did you hear about my car?

Some stripper jumped out in front of me running out of a club - I had to swerve and hit a wall!

Ruf -

Hey, Pup!!

Great to hear from you!

Some stripper jumped out in front of me running out of a club - I had to swerve and hit a wall!

Ruf -

:baby::baby:

and dat's da truth :hysterical:

Hey, Pup!!

Great to hear from you!

Ruf -

:hysterical2:

Now the real truth comes out.

Not many strip joints next to churches however. :doh:

Okay - okay - here's what Really happened:

Her stretch Hummer stopped - she jumped out and darted in front of me - yeah - that's what happened.

I just got a little mixed up, I tell ya. Limo - yeah. I meant to say Limo...

Hey, Pup!!

Great to hear from you!

Ruf -

:hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical:

Her stretch Hummer stopped - she jumped out and darted in front of me - yeah - that's what happened.

:hysterical2::speedie::hysterical2:

:hysterical: :car: :hysterical:

That must be how you got the blow out :hysterical:WHAT? No the tire :hysterical:

Pitpup,

Those look very nice. I can't wait to see them installed.

Are they all leather ?

Do they just overlay ?

Are you only doing the back ? If so, why ?

How much did they co$t ?

First off, what rock have you been hiding under? I launched www.grabberorange.net back on Dec 13th. I would think you of all folks would get your knee over there and register. Not your left knee. Not your right knee. YOUR HI-KNEE! I have a thread under the 'INTERIOR' forum that will answer all your questions. Here's a teaser. They ran me $699 & shipping. Go check out the thread:

My Seat Thread... homie.gif

what other colors do they have? Do they have anything to match vista blue?

They have other colors. The material used for the Grabber Orange is actually called 'Carbon Fiber'. It has that sort of pattern. If you follow the link above, you can call Jimmy and ask him anything you'd like. Mention 'Stan' from GrabberOrange.net... he's a great guy.

EDIT! I dropped by Steeda's site. Here's the same pattern in Grey. I do not have the embroidery (an additional $25 for the two front seats... personal choice, they pushed, I declined), but of course, mine is in GO. I really like the way the accent color goes into the bolsters. The lite grey MIGHT be leather where mine is vinyl. I would prefer leather but nobody's coming out with GRABBER ORANGE leather. The grey would be more 'marketable' on a grander scale and could very well be leather. Classic Soft Trim is nationwide, but I chose Jimmy in Austin, TX because he had his poop in one sock and knew which foot to put it on. One other note. I have an orange top stitch which is not easily seen in my photo, but it's clearly visible in person. These grey jobs do not have a matching top stitch. OK, your teaser photo awaits:

CST_grey.jpg

First off, what rock have you been hiding under? I launched www.grabberorange.net back on Dec 13th. I would think you of all folks would get your knee over there and register. Not your left knee. Not your right knee. YOUR HI-KNEE! I have a thread under the 'INTERIOR' forum that will answer all your questions. Here's a teaser. They ran me $699 & shipping. Go check out the thread:

My Seat Thread... homie.gif

Good one :hysterical:

I did reg. on your site a while back.

I have not visited it much however.

I don't get much Internet time in the winter.

I will have to get over there and see how it has progressed.

I love your seats. :happy feet:

Good one :hysterical:

I did reg. on your site a while back.

I have not visited it much however.

I don't get much Internet time in the winter.

I will have to get over there and see how it has progressed.

I love your seats. :happy feet:

TY! Yep, I see you now. Last post Jan 13th... Don't be a strangler! :hysterical2:

They have other colors. The material used for the Grabber Orange is actually called 'Carbon Fiber'. It has that sort of pattern. If you follow the link above, you can call Jimmy and ask him anything you'd like. Mention 'Stan' from GrabberOrange.net... he's a great guy.

EDIT! I dropped by Steeda's site. Here's the same pattern in Grey. I do not have the embroidery (an additional $25 for the two front seats... personal choice, they pushed, I declined), but of course, mine is in GO. I really like the way the accent color goes into the bolsters. The lite grey MIGHT be leather where mine is vinyl. I would prefer leather but nobody's coming out with GRABBER ORANGE leather. The grey would be more 'marketable' on a grander scale and could very well be leather. Classic Soft Trim is nationwide, but I chose Jimmy in Austin, TX because he had his poop in one sock and knew which foot to put it on. One other note. I have an orange top stitch which is not easily seen in my photo, but it's clearly visible in person. These grey jobs do not have a matching top stitch. OK, your teaser photo awaits:

CST_grey.jpg

Ahem, well, ah... sorry, a just a small correction; Katzkin has leather. They are the OEM supplier to Saleen for their PJ car. I just ordered several yards of it and will have it installed in the next few weeks just as soon as my upholister has an opening in his schedule. I decided to mimic the inserts exactly like the red inserts offered on the factory two-tone option. Your car came out really great, but now that I have seen it, I can't wait to get my interior finished.

Oh yes. Hey MAD103, they also offer a couple of different blue dyed leathers, but I can't say if they have one that would match the Vista Blue paint on your car, but you can check out their web site and see for yourself. I would imagine that it was a Son of a Bitch to find Grabber Orange colored cows, but finding a heard of Vista Blue's, shit that must be really be a bitch to pull off!:finger:

Pitpup

Where did you put the seam on the welt, I have the stuff but I'm concerned with locating the seam to kind of not make it to obvious

I'm thinking towards the front near the speakers, Looking at yours I think it's just above the reflectors on the door correct?

Yep, it's just above the reflector. I suppose you could put it on the segment closest to the rear of the car. This way, when you're in, it will be behind the seat and out of site. Of course, every time you open the door, if the seam can be seen (and it shouldn't, really), then it would greet you every time you got in the car.

I just got caught up on Ruf's situation. At first I thought everyone was kidding but there were too many posts to dismiss it. Sounds like everything is coming along OK. Nobody hurt. This is a good thing. You'll have your car soon and all will be right in the world!

Archived