TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Questions about putting a oem ford navigation in my GT500

dingo2008

I am thinking of putting the oem ford navigation radian in my 08 GT500, I know you can put a sweet aftermarket one in for a decent price and be a better radio, but would like to keep the stock look. I can have it installed and programed for about $700 including radio. I have shaker1000, it should work fine with it right? Can you connect your Bluetooth phone to the radio and receive calls and hear it through the speakers? Does it have a mic for calls? Will the auxiliary audio imput work just like it does now? Will the sirus satellite work just like the regular radio? Can this nav radio play mp3 songs from a disc? Can it read DVD mp3 songs or play DVD movies? I'm guessing not the DVD movies, give me all the info about your oem nav and how you like it.

Using the stock wiring, it will not drive the S1000 amps and woofers. It can be made to work but not plug n play.

No bluetooth on the 07-09 nav unit.

Aux audio connection and Sat radio will work fine. Sat actually works better because of the better displays.

MP3s in folders on CD with correct ID3 tags work great. Unit does not read DVDs in the 6 disk changer, only in the nav slot for nav disk only.

MP3s also benefit from the better display and folder navigation.

The sound is MUCH better than the S500/S1000 units.

Any other questions?

So will the radio actually make my shaker1000 system sound better or louder? What do you need to do to make this radio work with the shaker1000 stereo? I have the shelby/kicker 4.1 amp for treble speakers and factory shaker1000 subs and amps. Would love to have this deck if the shaker1000 stereo works with out too much trouble or rewiring, other wise I might as well buy an aftermarket one. Thanks for the help

Archived