TEAM SHELBY FORUM

FoMoCo Royaly SUCKS! Period

My GT-500 had a deep scratch where the Cobra logo is mounted on the drivers side fender. Dealer took one look and said they would fix it. My wifes

Ford five hundred (A valentines day gift) has some gobs of clearcoat under and along the edge of the right rear fender and the dealer said they would redo it. I am dissapointed that Ford is treating you like this. It should be a no-brainer for them to fix it. The dealer should not even have to call in a rep when it is as obvious as yours is.

Good luck, I hope they will do the right thing for you.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well............

You know my stance on this entire issue. I explained that even in the SHIT HOLE plant I worked in, those kind of defects would have NEVER gotten out the door. The car should have been labeled as scrap, and that's that.

This story, and others like it (including several of my own) are the reason my money is going to DCX for my next new car.

My Shelby had a few 'issues' with paint and body when it arrived too. Dealer even pointed them out to me when I arrived and before they did the PDI so I would know it arrived that way from Ford. They were VERY accomodating to fix it. Same was true with my F250.

I really think there is something else going on here. Why was Ford corporate called in at all? Why did the delivering dealer not bend over backward to fix this at delivery time?

I am NOT saying this its TTB's fault at all, but there is something very different going on here from any new vehicle delivery I have experienced.

And this, ladies and gentlemen is why unions suck. You are forced to keep the guy that is there the longest, instead of keeping the guy that actually does a good job. This paintjob only made it to the customer because the people working on it couldn't give a shit about their quality of work, and it shows. This is also why other car companies kick America's ass in overall build quality. Materials are materials, it's the ass putting them together that determines the quality of a car. I'm glad a lot of you have a great car that is built well, but to see fit and finish like this come out of the factory and make it out the doors is just a joke. I actually recently sold my 04 Cobra, for similar reasons. Engine and tranny were top notch, couldn't have been happier. But the rest of the car slowly deteriorated into a hoopty with rattles and crap that shouldn't exist in a two year old car.

I hope you get it right, but how depressing to see something like this actually make it to you in the first place regardless of your PDI process when it was delivered.

Don't robots paint these cars. Mine came with issues and the dealer fixed them before I saw the car and the painter sucked and so did the job that he did. I will not let them fix it I didn't want it fixed in the first place and the dealer didn't tell me when I purchased the car. I found out through Vin Explosion that the work had been done. I hate the way we have been treated by Ford Dealerships. But I love my car :wub:

Would be different if this had not gone from top of ladder then down ladder until Mr Nelson decided to throw me to the wolves. His trick worked the wolves got a hold of me but as long as I am still breathing I will promote Ford in a new light. Let the pictures speak from now on.

Maybe post a few emails from the so concerned mr mulally and other exec office big wigs thrown in. If I had the funds (toyota are you listening) I would put a chain on this car flip it on its roof and drag it down the road using my new Tundra. Drive train seems good I could then put it in my F100 and part out whats left.

PS, toyota I have a good commercial idea for you! We could name it Bold Moves? or is that one taken :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

edit add: I would only want to save the right rear 1/4 from harm as would not want to ruin the perfect paint! :hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2:

TTB, sorry about your car. If that happened to me and Ford would not fix it I would bring it to a good body/paint shop to get it fixed ASAP. Then enjoy the car. Life's too short. In my experience, no matter which brand you buy your car from there will always be issues; Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota, etc. The fact is that people ultimately put these things together (we also built the robots that help build them too) and we are not perfect and nor is this a perfect world. I have seen issues with ALL brands of cars including Toyota. And Toyota doesn't make Mustangs. Has anyone seen an old Toyota pickup on the road or a restored Camry? Hope you can get your car fixed and enjoy the thing. My opinion. :rockon:

After looking at these pictures I think buffing is out. These scratches are really deep and by the time you get the surface smooth the clear will be gone. I just can't beleive that Ford refused to fix this. If someone puts an Email together to properly describe the events that took place I will put my name on it to support you. It's just not right what Ford is doing. I will have limited Email access for the next week (vacation) but I would sure be happy to do what ever the group feels is best to support you when I return. I have a white/blue stripes and haven't seen one scratch in it.

TTB, sorry about your car. If that happened to me and Ford would not fix it I would bring it to a good body/paint shop to get it fixed ASAP. Then enjoy the car. Life's too short. In my experience, no matter which brand you buy your car from there will always be issues; Ford, GM, Nissan, Toyota, etc. The fact is that people ultimately put these things together (we also built the robots that help build them too) and we are not perfect and nor is this a perfect world. I have seen issues with ALL brands of cars including Toyota. And Toyota doesn't make Mustangs. Has anyone seen an old Toyota pickup on the road or a restored Camry? Hope you can get your car fixed and enjoy the thing. My opinion. :rockon:

I agree with Secondo. It is very unfortunate that it happened to you TTB because you are [were] a true loyal. But in the end all companies run through these problems. We had a 2003 toyota that also was defective and toyota (king of cars and quality) didnt do anythin about it. at this present moment we have a Mercedes benz that is also a POS and mercedes doesnt fix it (but it is an 04...during the daimler benz/chrylser blah blah...so its chryslers fault for taking benz $ or benz for investing $ into chrysler and putting its own company aside). these cars are in total opposites of the spectrum and yet CRAp exists.

I just think that these companies should just produce smaller amount of cars and worry more about quality and customer service. all dealers are just overstocked in cars! and when purchased CRAP is revealed but now the companies dont have the dough to spare to give good service. M2C

I agree with Secondo. It is very unfortunate that it happened to you TTB because you are [were] a true loyal. But in the end all companies run through these problems. We had a 2003 toyota that also was defective and toyota (king of cars and quality) didnt do anythin about it. at this present moment we have a Mercedes benz that is also a POS and mercedes doesnt fix it (but it is an 04...during the daimler benz/chrylser blah blah...so its chryslers fault for taking benz $ or benz for investing $ into chrysler and putting its own company aside). these cars are in total opposites of the spectrum and yet CRAp exists.

I just think that these companies should just produce smaller amount of cars and worry more about quality and customer service. all dealers are just overstocked in cars! and when purchased CRAP is revealed but now the companies dont have the dough to spare to give good service. M2C

I agree. All companies have problems. The difference here, however, is that the GT500s are made to be somebody's dream car. No one owns one of these that isn't planning to cherish it. These type of enthusiast are likely to either be now, or will soon become, Ford loyalsist. They must take care of the people that are this passionate about cars. That was what the SVT division was based on. They knew these people were important to Fords future and they offered special service.

It is starting to sound like we are losing that type of customer care. :nonono:

I agree. All companies have problems. The difference here, however, is that the GT500s are made to be somebody's dream car. No one owns one of these that isn't planning to cherish it. These type of enthusiast are likely to either be now, or will soon become, Ford loyalsist. They must take care of the people that are this passionate about cars. That was what the SVT division was based on. They knew these people were important to Fords future and they offered special service.

It is starting to sound like we are losing that type of customer care. :nonono:

Agree. The GT500 is special. I do agree this should be fixed by Ford. If they keep acting like this, they will lose customers. Plus, they should look at it from a marketing stand point. Fix TTBs car...and the guy will keep cherishing FOrd and spreading the word. Ford could even go on the news on to how they fixed his car because "they care." They need to show THEIR LOYALTY to us now...is that not the whole idea behind BOLD MOVES?!?!?

"bold moves " is just a campain to attract "NEW" customers. Why?? because they are losing customers daily because of crap like this and building inferior cars. Why do you think they are naming the 500 back to the taurus? because taurus owners want to buy what they know "taurus". In general people dont accept change very well.The 500 proves that.It is better in every way to the taurus but doesnt have the "name" behind it so ford is losing sales. I guess my point is. All ford cares about is how many cars they can sell and are willing to risk losing old customers for new ones.It backfired and thats why they are changing the name back to taurus.Because sales have not been what they expected.

I stronly feel that the domestic car market it seriously going down the tubes.More and more amaericans are buying foreign cars because the foreign companys are keeping it simple.Customers in general want to stay loyal. Look at honda and toyota. Two big automakers that Sell excellent , reliable, affordable cars which are backed up with good warranty programs and INCREDIBLE resale value.

Its only a matter of time before they put ford out of business. Believe it or not ,Chevrolet although is no great car maker either, has done a better job keeping their "current' customers happier than ford customers..

You can quote me on this. " The only thing keeping the domestic automakers alive are their TRUCK SALES!!!! " Take away the trucks and these company's would be gone in 60 seconds. I hope toyota takes ford down. They build a much better truck, cheaper, and way more reliable. They deserve to be on top. Fords not really on top anyway.If you take chevy and gmc (same truck), They do sell more vehicles annually but because they are different names, it doesnt count.In my eyes, GM is on top and toyota is about to become second.

I love my gt 500 and probally will have it for along time if not ever BUT, I will not buy another Ford.For reasons just like this post. We live in a time where "customer service" is optional. Unfortunate but true................

Typical american way, Makes as many as you can, worry about selling them after. The foregn automakers dont waste their money building cars they they have to "give away"They build enough.This is why they are MUCH smarter and will overcome the domestics shortley.

Foyota coming soon

Those photos don't lie.

What a joy killer. You're suppose to be enjoying the car.

I hope that this guy just made a mistake and that Ford decides to make this "right".

Back in sep-oct when i was looking for my car my wife noticed orange peel on a blue one already sold awaiting pickup . I was'nt paying attention and was looking at everything else, I might have caught it later, but after bringing it home. I would'nt be thinking of that. I did though when I went to pick up my red one that's for sure. :yup:

ttb...how about a pm on the awd 500? My wife has a freestyle with the cvt and i presume that is the one you are talking about. we have already replaced the control solenoid, but otherwise it seems to work fine. I did buy the extended warranty tho, since I was a little unsettled about the technology. If the news is too bad, I still have a few years to bail out of it.

John

Back in sep-oct when i was looking for my car my wife noticed orange peel on a blue one already sold awaiting pickup . I was'nt paying attention and was looking at everything else, I might have caught it later, but after bringing it home. I would'nt be thinking of that. I did though when I went to pick up my red one that's for sure. :yup:

I could live with being told orange peel was normal. These scratches are unacceptable.

Ok Folks, Something I thought I would never have to do.

Say Ford Motor Company Sucks!

A decision by Ford Motor Company is FINAL they will do nothing for the paint on my SHelby

Zone Manager Eric Nelson just called to say they will fix the stripes but nothing else. Says the DA marks in paint are acceptable on a Shelby and they refuse to do anything about them. PERIOD!

I will also say when the engineer was here to inspect he said he understood my concern with the paint now he must have had both eyes closed when he was here.

Yeah, Its on video and recorded for all to hear.

I'm a bit confused about this . Which one of your Shelbys has the paint problem ? I thought Ford took back your red Vert that had paint issues and you got a new red / silver coupe that was perfect . Could you bring me up to date with this situation.

Thanks

George....

TTB, you have a lot of knowledge about automotive finishes. You & I are on the same page about the sanding & buffing. You are right about doing the whole thing so that the texture matches. That's what I meant when I said that yours would be slicker than the rest of ours.

I think that it is just terrible what they are doing to you. Nothing that hasn't been mentioned here already. I think that it is so ridiculous that they are blowing you off, that maybe someone else from Ford would have to see it your way. I know that it is ford that is blowing you off at this point, but why didn't the dealer just fix it to begin with. I know a guy that has been a service director for ford for several years. I am gonna ask him about this.

Ok Folks, Something I thought I would never have to do.

Say Ford Motor Company Sucks!

A decision by Ford Motor Company is FINAL they will do nothing for the paint on my SHelby

Zone Manager Eric Nelson just called to say they will fix the stripes but nothing else. Says the DA marks in paint are acceptable on a Shelby and they refuse to do anything about them. PERIOD!

I will also say when the engineer was here to inspect he said he understood my concern with the paint now he must have had both eyes closed when he was here.

Yeah, Its on video and recorded for all to hear.

TTB this is the reason I'm confused , this post. Am I missing something here ? Which car are you talking about ?

TwinTurboBoss

View Member Profile

Add as Friend

Send Message

Find Member's Topics

Find Member's Posts Jan 23 2007, 01:24 AM Post #1

StangsUnleashed Enthusiast

Group: Members

Member No.: 4,954

Its been exciting having others post that the dream car they ordered has finally come in.

What has been one of the largest roller coaster rides of my life has given birth to CRIMSON II. The name of my new ride.

A friend & I took a drive for kicks this morning making believe we would see my Shelby on our little trip. ya right'

On the way back we stopped along side freeway at the local Jack n' the box. My stomach was in knots so decided not to eat. I sat down in corner booth then had something telling me to look up and.......... there way down street was a car transport. I got up and went and told my friend who was standing in line there was a transport coming up street and felt my car may be on it. For some reason I took my camera with me this day.

What a shocker to see the truck go by with a red/silver shelby on back bottom slot. I ran out of jack in the' xxxx.. not sure how we ended up at this particular Jack in the xxxx but it was directly across street from Ford dealer.

This what I first saw as I stepped out doors, time was 12:36:04

It took me a bit better than 30 seconds to get across street and take this pic

I will leave out the rest of story for now as not too pleasant but here Is what I saw a bit after 3pm

Crimson II sitting where it belongs... in ITS driveway.

All I can say at this point is LOVE the car looked it over and over and over and found NO flaws!

Fit & Finish is nothing short of incredible. The NAV system is a Gotta Have'

The Nav system will keep me entertained until the snow goes away (within next 11 months)

I have been using what I thought was top of line Garmin GPS but this thing puts it in the beginner circle.

More when I can.. post # 429 which I will add CJ to...

FoMoCo needs a BIG pat on back for what they have done for me on this car and for just bringing this car to market!!

F o M o C o

Maybe some day we can get Paul Harvey to tell rest of story..

Thank you Michelle for all your help! You really were a BIG help in this.

TTB this is the reason I'm confused , this post. Am I missing something here ? Which car are you talking about ?

This quote you posted is the Crimson red "replacement shelby" TTB posted with photos that showed "DA" marks in it & after reading what TTB wrote when he picked it up I am now confused too? TTB please expalin?

Archived