TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Brake rotors

Firekiller

Hello all, I am wondering if someone out the in Shelby land can give me some info. I am looking to get new rotors for the 2010 GT500 and want to know if someone knows where I can get just the front rotors only without getting the whole package for 3k. I would like to get the Eradispeed +2 for the rear and only rotors (matching) for stock calipers for the front. I dont race the car at tracks, only spirited driving on occasion. Mainly wanting to do this for appearance.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Greg.

As I understand it, the two piece Eradispeed rotors for the front are not available. Shelby had them on their website for a long time, but they always showed to be "out of stock". I bought the rears based on the fact that Shelby told me the fronts would eventually be available, but now they have been removed from their website alltogether.

I do not believe the rotors from the other kits will fit with the stock Brembo caliper.

I have heard of one member buying the Eradispeed rotors for the Mustang GT and using them with the stock Brembo calipers, but he had to use a 1/8" spacer. I believe he got his setup from Lethal. I shyed away from this because I wanted rotors that were specifically designed as replacements for the stock rotors.

There are other manufacturers that offer two piece rotors, they just will not "match" the Eradispeed rears.

This was posted on another GT500 forum. I have not confirmed that this is correct or not, but it appears the Baer rotors may soon be avaialble....Let me know if you are able to confirm.

Update!

BAER now has a GT500 specific kit for the front! As the rear is common to all 2005+ Mustangs, it remains the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32V-SVT

Ok, so Baer gave me the following part numbers for "Exact" fit part numbers specific to the 2005 and up GT500's equipped with Brembo calipers.

These 2 pc rotors are direct bolt on, no shimming for clearance and will fit with the stock wheels.

Front: 2261031 (sold in pairs) 14" diameter, Slotted and cross drilled. $595.00

Rears: 2262019 (Plus 2 size) 14" diameter, Slotted and cross drilled. $585.00

These front rotors are brand new and will begin to ship in about 2-3 weeks.

If your interested in ordering these you can call Baer and ask for "Bill"

602-233-1411.

My orders placed... I'll post some pictures when they come in... :coolman:

Hello all, I am wondering if someone out the in Shelby land can give me some info. I am looking to get new rotors for the 2010 GT500 and want to know if someone knows where I can get just the front rotors only without getting the whole package for 3k. I would like to get the Eradispeed +2 for the rear and only rotors (matching) for stock calipers for the front. I dont race the car at tracks, only spirited driving on occasion. Mainly wanting to do this for appearance.

Any help would be appreciated, Thanks Greg.

Greg

I can do slotted and cross drilled two piece dba rotors for the front.

Shoot me an email or give me a call.

Van

561-445-7702

dvancollier@gmail.com

the 4 piston brembos will crack the slotted and drilled

2 much pressure in a small aera of the rotor

This is simply not true. In fact, it is absurd! There are a LOT of GT500's running round with slotted, drilled, drilled AND slotted and J-Hook rotors. Some even do track duty. Please check your facts.

Chris

This is simply not true. In fact, it is absurd! There are a LOT of GT500's running round with slotted, drilled, drilled AND slotted and J-Hook rotors. Some even do track duty. Please check your facts.

Chris

Been through the brembo site (http://www.brembo.com/ENG/HighPerformance-Brakes/CarsSportLine/searchDisc.htm) they sell slotted or drilled, if drilled and slotted worked with their product why would they not sell it? :headscratch:

Glen

Been through the brembo site (http://www.brembo.co.../searchDisc.htm) they sell slotted or drilled, if drilled and slotted worked with their product why would they not sell it? :headscratch:

Glen

I've been working with racing and high-performance brakes for over 20 years and can say with 100% certainty that your statement is incorrect. So can the many people driving around right now with cross-drilled and slotted rotors on their GT500. The fact that Brembo does not choose to show them on their web site means nothing. I would not use them for heavy track use (J-Hooks would the best choice, followed by slotted), but they are fine for spirited street driving. So are the cross drilled only (assuming high-quality rotors).

By the way, the 2011 Mini Cooper is available with a John Cooper Works brake system upgrade, supplied by Brembo's OE division, with optional cross-drilled and slotted rotors.

Chris

I've been working with racing and high-performance brakes for over 20 years and can say with 100% certainty that your statement is incorrect. So can the many people driving around right now with cross-drilled and slotted rotors on their GT500. The fact that Brembo does not choose to show them on their web site means nothing. I would not use them for heavy track use (J-Hooks would the best choice, followed by slotted), but they are fine for spirited street driving. So are the cross drilled only (assuming high-quality rotors).

By the way, the 2011 Mini Cooper is available with a John Cooper Works brake system upgrade, supplied by Brembo's OE division, with optional cross-drilled and slotted rotors.

Chris

Not sure why you would compare a 2000 lb car to a 4000 lb car? I am not an engineer but, I would imagine the forces would be a little different don't you think?

Glen

Not sure why you would compare a 2000 lb car to a 4000 lb car? I am not an engineer but, I would imagine the forces would be a little different don't you think?

Glen

They don't use the same size brakes either. Each is proportionate to the job it is tasked for. But to say the rotor will crack due to the pressure does not follow either logic or reality.

The Brembo front calipers have slightly LESS effective piston area (2 x 43mm pistons) than the non-Brembo GT front calipers (44 / 40mm). So, the clamping force is slightly lower, not higher. It would have to be about 20-25 times higher clamping force to crack the rotors. Actually, they would start to collapse between the vanes. But the hydraulic system would have ruptured way before that!

All kidding aside, it's a fair question to ask. But let's not post things as fact without making sure first.

Chris

This was posted on another GT500 forum. I have not confirmed that this is correct or not, but it appears the Baer rotors may soon be avaialble....Let me know if you are able to confirm.

Update!

BAER now has a GT500 specific kit for the front! As the rear is common to all 2005+ Mustangs, it remains the same.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 32V-SVT

Ok, so Baer gave me the following part numbers for "Exact" fit part numbers specific to the 2005 and up GT500's equipped with Brembo calipers.

These 2 pc rotors are direct bolt on, no shimming for clearance and will fit with the stock wheels.

Front: 2261031 (sold in pairs) 14" diameter, Slotted and cross drilled. $595.00

Rears: 2262019 (Plus 2 size) 14" diameter, Slotted and cross drilled. $585.00

These front rotors are brand new and will begin to ship in about 2-3 weeks.

If your interested in ordering these you can call Baer and ask for "Bill"

602-233-1411.

My orders placed... I'll post some pictures when they come in... :coolman:

Hey Thanks a lot, I will check into that. I am trying to bling things up just a little, I may have a spot in the 2011 SEMA show this year and just exploring options. I am just a lowly ole Fireman and the budget is tight if ya know what I mean.

They don't use the same size brakes either. Each is proportionate to the job it is tasked for. But to say the rotor will crack due to the pressure does not follow either logic or reality.

The Brembo front calipers have slightly LESS effective piston area (2 x 43mm pistons) than the non-Brembo GT front calipers (44 / 40mm). So, the clamping force is slightly lower, not higher. It would have to be about 20-25 times higher clamping force to crack the rotors. Actually, they would start to collapse between the vanes. But the hydraulic system would have ruptured way before that!

All kidding aside, it's a fair question to ask. But let's not post things as fact without making sure first.

Chris

I would love to continue Chris but, have to start packing for the BASH. Another time perhaps.

Glen

Greg

I can do slotted and cross drilled two piece dba rotors for the front.

Shoot me an email or give me a call.

Van

561-445-7702

dvancollier@gmail.com

Hey Van, as always your great, I will see what the final price for the set up may be before making a final decision. Right now I have spent quite a bit on what I have done to the Shelby, and its time to start selling off some of my other toys to pay for any more mods. If I could get pictures to upload to this site I would post them up for you guys to see. Or you could go to my photobucket account and tell me what you think.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/firekiller_photos/

Hey Van, as always your great, I will see what the final price for the set up may be before making a final decision. Right now I have spent quite a bit on what I have done to the Shelby, and its time to start selling off some of my other toys to pay for any more mods. If I could get pictures to upload to this site I would post them up for you guys to see. Or you could go to my photobucket account and tell me what you think.

http://s130.photobucket.com/albums/p242/firekiller_photos/

The car looks good man!

Thanks Van for the props, That means a lot coming from you, being you see a lot of nice cars. There are a few more things i want to do to it, but like I said I have to sell my toys first or face the "D" word for spending so much money LOL.

B Shelby, are those the Eradispeed +2 rears? If so give me a call 317-366-9141and let me know what you want for them.

Chris

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/57332-cracked-rotors/page__view__findpost__p__978647__fromsearch__1

Chris, I don't know what you are trying to say. I have personal experience with drilled and slotted rotors on thses cars. See my post. I used to track 911's in the 90's and thought nothing of running drilled and slotted rotors that came with my super snake upgrade. Once they cracked in a huge way, many people told me that you cannot run drilled rotors on our cars due to the weight and the hp. I swapped over to just slotted rotors and I have several track sessions on my rotors with no problems.

BJ

http://www.teamshelb...__fromsearch__1

Chris, I don't know what you are trying to say. I have personal experience with drilled and slotted rotors on thses cars. See my post. I used to track 911's in the 90's and thought nothing of running drilled and slotted rotors that came with my super snake upgrade. Once they cracked in a huge way, many people told me that you cannot run drilled rotors on our cars due to the weight and the hp. I swapped over to just slotted rotors and I have several track sessions on my rotors with no problems.

BJ

What I was referring to was a club lapping day (as in "gentlemen" events or HPDE). I'm not referring to aggressive lapping. I've seen top-quality cross-drilled and slotted rotors work just fine for people having a good time on an otherwise stock (or close to stock) car, stock or similar tires with maybe just a pad upgrade.

That said, the GT500 is a heavy and powerful car that can put some hurt on brakes. Anyone seriously tracking the car should be on J-Hooks or slotted rotors only.

Chris

• 5 weeks later...

Chris

Here's a brake fact. I have personally seen a GT500 crack a front drilled/slotted rotor at a track event. It was on a Baer 6 piston setup. The rotor cracked in 3 different places.

baer has a 2261031 rotor being made now according to the BAER co the price went up to 645 .00 plus shipping I ordeded a set 2-22 11 from Baer they said they were going to be machined in the next 3 weeks they will match the 14 inch rear rotors baer now has for the rear and work with the gt500 front calipers 428cj 3-24 11 just got a call from Baer they are shipping my rotors drilled and slotted 2 piece for the stock Brembo's on a 07 gt500 tomorrow 685.00 with shipping 428cj I Just installed my new rotors from baer they look great and match my rear 14 inch baer rotors I think I got the first set shipped from baer .fit and finsh is great and work with the brembo's just fine

baer has a 2261031 rotor being made now according to the BAER co the price went up to 645 .00 plus shipping I ordeded a set 2-22 11 from Baer they said they were going to be machined in the next 3 weeks they will mach the 14 inch rear rotors baer now has for the rear and work with the gt500 front calipers 428cj

Hey 428cj. I just tried to PM you but it says you can't receive any PMs.

Archived