TEAM SHELBY FORUM

07-09 GT500 vert stripe question

richstang

I am not sure this is entirely true.

The original verts in 07 did not have stripes and they were not offered for cars initially even with the Job 1 build starting in January, but I believe in the very last portion of 07 about the time they offered the white/red and black/red limited combos they started offering stripes on verts. Perhaps someone else can provide more definitive info...

Well to confuse the issue some more this is what I have. The Ford ordering guides for 2007-09 show no over the top stripe option for the GT500 convertibles. But the production records show different. The production records for the 2007 GT500 convertibles do show absolutely zero over the top stripes but that changed in 2008 & 2009. Those years do show over the top stripes for the verts.

We need a vin number from a 2008-09 GT500 vert with over the top stripes to see how its listed on the window sticker. From there I can dig deeper.

Steve

Well to confuse the issue some more this is what I have. The Ford ordering guides for 2007-09 show no over the top stripe option for the GT500 convertibles. But the production records show different. The production records for the 2007 GT500 convertibles do show absolutely zero over the top stripes but that changed in 2008 & 2009. Those years do show over the top stripes for the verts.

We need a vin number from a 2008-09 GT500 vert with over the top stripes to see how its listed on the window sticker. From there I can dig deeper.

Steve

This is getting interesting...08-09 top stripes? Someone please give Steve a Vin number to check, please! :lurk:

This is getting interesting...08-09 top stripes? Someone please give Steve a Vin number to check, please! :lurk:

My 'vert is an 08 and over the top stripes were not offered (albeit I wanted them), nor were they offered in 09. However, I think the red "accessory" kits could be ordered with over the top stripes. Of course, the kit may have been generic (coupe or convertible) and the dealer had the top stripes put on regardless.

If you find a vehicle that somehow had factory installed stripes (not dealer), that would be interesting. I would like to see the VIN as well.

Personally, I have no idea why the '07-'09 verts weren't offered with over the top stripes.

My 'vert is an 08 and over the top stripes were not offered (albeit I wanted them), nor were they offered in 09. However, I think the red "accessory" kits could be ordered with over the top stripes. Of course, the kit may have been generic (coupe or convertible) and the dealer had the top stripes put on regardless.

If you find a vehicle that somehow had factory installed stripes (not dealer), that would be interesting. I would like to see the VIN as well.

Personally, I have no idea why the '07-'09 verts weren't offered with over the top stripes.

The theory at the time was that the stripes would be interrupted 'to the eye', with the top not having them on it. The design team at SVT decided against it as an option based on that thought. :salute:

The theory at the time was that the stripes would be interrupted 'to the eye', with the top not having them on it. The design team at SVT decided against it as an option based on that thought. :salute:

They are not concerned when putting Black Stripes on Black Cars????????? :huh:

I had an argument, uh, discussion with a kid outside of a Walmart one evening when he asked it mine was a "real" Shelby because it didn't have stripes. I quickly informed him that no 07 verts came with stripes. I thought later models did, but the two brochures above say different. Of course my owner's manual says I only have 485 horsepower........

I had an argument, uh, discussion with a kid outside of a Walmart one evening when he asked it mine was a "real" Shelby because it didn't have stripes. I quickly informed him that no 07 verts came with stripes. I thought later models did, but the two brochures above say different. Of course my owner's manual says I only have 485 horsepower........

..............awww yes, but your right foot and your 'senses' tell you different, right??!!!! :happy feet:

I have an 08 black w/red stripes. The window sticker shows it as an option from ford. I have emailed a PDF of the window sticker and VIN to Steve fro verification. Also how do I find out the stats on the car andproduction number that others have listed?

Thanks

What specifically does it say on the window sticker? PM me your VIN and I can reproduce the sticker.

Archived