TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New York International Auto Show - April 22nd, 2011

QuadCam

The annual NYIAS is open to the public on April 22, 2011.

There are several Team Shelby Members in the Northeast (we include NJ in the Northeast) that have expressed an interest in seeing the show and meeting-up before and/or afterwards.

It is never too early to start making plans to be there and meet new members behind the nicknames and avatars.

Visiting during a weekday is always the best way to go to beat the crowds, and early in the week is better than later.

Be it a vacation day or a sick day (coff-coff), specify a day in your reply that works for you.

It would great to have a decent turn-out. :rockon:

Count me in Quad.......the Friday the show opens to the public is always when I hit the place..........let me know what works.......

That works for me Wick! The manufacturers hostesses get a little burned-out as the week goes on, plus all the good "give away" stuff runs out. :spend:

Last year,, my friend Paul and I were hitting on this cute redhead from the Nissan display, and she asked US to out for drinks after the show! :woohoo:

I want to check out the new Explorer and the new Jeep GC, among many others... :play:

Not saying I can make it yet, but Rob, I assume you would be taking the train there?

That's right Bob. We drive to New Haven's Union Station and take the MTA to Grand Central Terminal.

The fare is much better than Amtrak, but you have to get there early as you are competing for parking spaces near the Station.

If it is a nice day, we'll walk to the Javitts Center stopping along the way for breakfast.

I am def. going, need to check out some SUV's, as my lease is up in August.

I'm looking too. I just read Auto Week's quick look at the Explorer, and I'm not impressed.

Built on the Taurus platform, it is nothing more than a "Butch-Looking" Ford Edge.

It is a Nissan Maurano, but with a 5-speed "slushbox" instead of a Nissan CVT.

:nonono:

That's right Bob. We drive to New Haven's Union Station and take the MTA to Grand Central Terminal.

The fare is much better than Amtrak, but you have to get there early as you are competing for parking spaces near the Station.

If it is a nice day, we'll walk to the Javitts Center stopping along the way for breakfast.

I know the drill there, as I've done if on business sometimes. I used to get there early and catch a 7 am train i think....or was it 7:20...

I'd like to go, although a weekday may be tough.

It would be great to meet you Tek, but I understand you have a bad reputation of saying you'll be at some event and not show up. :banghead:

At least Ilmor has learned to use an escape clause, "Not saying I can make it yet..." :shrug:

Tek, your case is not unique. This is why I'm posting it early. I will register the day as a vacation day, 3+ months in advance. :elefant:

It would be great to meet you Tek, but I understand you have a bad reputation of saying you'll be at some event and not show up. :banghead:

At least Ilmor has learned to use an escape clause, "Not saying I can make it yet..." :shrug:

Tek, your case is not unique. This is why I'm posting it early. I will register the day as a vacation day, 3+ months in advance. :elefant:

Fine. In that case, I'll just say I'm not going. :hysterical:

Fine. In that case, I'll just say I'm not going. :hysterical:

Wow! Now there's a real shocker! :violin:

I know my day will be simply ruined... :tease:

Actions speak louder than words..., what you say is often very entertaining and humorous, Tek :hysterical2:

...but your actions, :stop:

who trades a new Shelby GT for a 40+ year old, Bile Green Pontiac, really?

:hysterical3: :hysterical3::hysterical3:

Quadcam will be in town all week........................Matinees at 2pm and Dinner shows at 7pm......... :happy feet: :happy feet:

:hysterical:

...be sure to tip your waitress well, and try the veal!

:closedeyes:

Wow! Now there's a real shocker! :violin:

I know my day will be simply ruined... :tease:

Actions speak louder than words..., what you say is often very entertaining and humorous, Tek :hysterical2:

...but your actions, :stop:

who trades a new Shelby GT for a 40+ year old, Bile Green Pontiac, really?

:hysterical3: :hysterical3::hysterical3:

First of all it's verdoro green not bile green. :finger:

I get a hell of a lot more thumbs up and comments with the GTO then I ever got with the Shelby.

Plus I'm having a blast working on it. More then I ever did with the Shelby

So there! :jackinbox:

First of all it's verdoro green not bile green. :finger:

I get a hell of a lot more thumbs up and comments with the GTO then I ever got with the Shelby.

Plus I'm having a blast working on it. More then I ever did with the Shelby

So there! :jackinbox:

So there? SO THERE?

[in the voice of the Late, Great, Moe Howard]... "Why you, I ought to...!" :slapfight:

I've been very fortunate to have attended the press-only days when Shelby launched the GT500, GT-H and GT500KR. Does anyone know if Shelby has any new launches planned for 2011?

While I can only speculate on what "Ol' Shel" is up to, I seriously doubt he would bear the expense and effort to show anything at the NYIAS.

Will Ford show the latest GT500? They always have... Will the GT350 make an appearance? I don't think so; it's not a "Ford," but a pure Shelby creation that competes with the GT500.

I believe the GT350 will be that last , great creation with Carrol's direct input. The old man is finally signaling that he is ready to give up the fast lane and take an easier route.

One of his best friends from way back when, Bob Tasca, passed away last May.

That, along with the SAI restructuring which leaves the reins in the hands of others, tells me Carrol's latest set of body parts are going to have to last to the end.

I'm looking too. I just read Auto Week's quick look at the Explorer, and I'm not impressed.

Built on the Taurus platform, it is nothing more than a "Butch-Looking" Ford Edge.

It is a Nissan Maurano, but with a 5-speed "slushbox" instead of a Nissan CVT.

:nonono:

Explorer

Jeep GC

Toy 4 Runner (current)

Toy High Lander

Mazda CX9

I read some good reviews on the Explorer, not crazy about front end styling.

The annual NYIAS is open to the public on April 22, 2011.

There are several Team Shelby Members in the Northeast (we include NJ in the Northeast) that have expressed an interest in seeing the show and meeting-up before and/or afterwards.

It is never too early to start making plans to be there and meet new members behind the nicknames and avatars.

Visiting during a weekday is always the best way to go to beat the crowds, and early in the week is better than later.

Be it a vacation day or a sick day (coff-coff), specify a day in your reply that works for you.

It would great to have a decent turn-out. :rockon:

Remember the loser gang members have there gang intro's there was a discussion about pulling the show out of the city. So watch your back

Remember the loser gang members have there gang intro's there was a discussion about pulling the show out of the city. So watch your back

So what are you saying "Racer," you don't plan on joining us?

Really?

I have been in and around the Big Apple for 5 decades (first memories are the 1964 Worlds Fair), it is still the Best City In The World.

While I appreciate your concern, I would rather spend a day in Manhattan than most anywhere else in the Empire State.

I always watch my backside whenever there is a large gathering of people with a common interest meets those that have no business being there.

• 1 month later...

I'll be there! :shift:

So as the new guy around here, I'd like to ask, is April 22 the set date? Should work out for me. BTW I have the new Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited. Love the truck! The Hemi is worth the extra $$$.

welcome sig......the 22nd, the opening friday for the show is a great day to go.........weekday crowd much better than the weekend

some of us are meeting there.........

if you can make it let me know......

Archived