TEAM SHELBY FORUM

console

davegt500

What is the trickto removing the cup holders in the console? Pulled on it a little no joy.

I assume on a 2010/11?

Open the rear storage compartment. Grab the edge of the end of the center of the console and lift. It starts coming up and is attached along the edge by clips so you have to pull from rear to front to allow the clips to pop. The forward edge is held in with two "swivel clips" and you have to raise the rear up high enough to get the two clips on the front to release. You will need to unclip the electrical connections as you go to allow you to raise the console. IF you can get your shift knob off before you start, that will be a big plus. I had to lift the center up enough to reach the two bolts holding the shift lever on, unscrew the shift lever, then continue to raise/remove the console top (to install my MGW shifter).

The CUPS don't come out by themselves, if that's what you're thinking. Well, at least I should say mine came up with the center/top of the console and I honestly didn't try to separate the cup holders from the console top and it appeard (without looking too hard) that they are one and the same with the top of the console.

HTH,

Phill

I assume on a 2010/11?

Open the rear storage compartment. Grab the edge of the end of the center of the console and lift. It starts coming up and is attached along the edge by clips so you have to pull from rear to front to allow the clips to pop. The forward edge is held in with two "swivel clips" and you have to raise the rear up high enough to get the two clips on the front to release. You will need to unclip the electrical connections as you go to allow you to raise the console. IF you can get your shift knob off before you start, that will be a big plus. I had to lift the center up enough to reach the two bolts holding the shift lever on, unscrew the shift lever, then continue to raise/remove the console top (to install my MGW shifter).

The CUPS don't come out by themselves, if that's what you're thinking. Well, at least I should say mine came up with the center/top of the console and I honestly didn't try to separate the cup holders from the console top and it appeard (without looking too hard) that they are one and the same with the top of the console.

HTH,

Phill

Thanks for the info!

Archived