TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You seen em here first, Drum roll please

Daren@shelbywheels

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So tired of all of these wheels only being offered as 20". I will never buy a 20" wheel because they absolutely suck for performance. They also look way too big! Last time I checked these wheels are for performance vehicles. Pass.

+111 That's why it's too late for my business. Went with CCW 18" x 9.5 and 18" x 11"

Still listening, Few things I forgot earlier.

1. Someone asked about weight. I don't have an answer yet. The wheels are undergoing final testing. The testing not only makes sure the wheel is safe but it also helps us determine where we can shave bits of material to lighten them up. As soon as I get final production versions I'll weigh them myself and post the results

2.. Somebody asked about price. Its not finalized yet but msrp should be around the 450-500 range each depending on size. When production wheels get here I'll give you some solid numbers. By way of comparison our CS40 Msrp range is 370-499 each depending on size and finish.

3. Also had a question about chrome. No chrome offered with this initial rollout. Production in the future will depend on demand.

So except for the fact that they're not 18's seems like everybody likes them???

Loving the feedback. Keep it coming guys.

• 1 month later...

Coming Spring 2011, two new styles from the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company.

Carroll Shelby Wheel Company is proud to announce two new styles for 2011. Both of our new styles incorporate an innovative design method known as reverse cast construction. This basically takes what would have been the front of the wheel and makes it the back. This allows us to finish more area of the lip further back between the spokes thus giving the wheels an infinity lip appearance. This gives the deeper look while pushing the spokes to the edge to allow maximum clearance of the biggest brakes out there. As a result both new styles in front and rear applications will fit GT500 and Shelby Baer brake systems.

1st The CS70. Many of you have seen the pictures of our prototypes on the blue Retrobuilt car at sema. These will be initially offered in 20x9 front rear and 20x10 rear only sizes. Finishes have not been finalized but It's looking like it will be Matte Black, Gunmetal (matte gray) and Bright Silver.

post-27320-0-10269100-1294280539_thumb.jpg

Secondly, Is the CS-1. The CS-1 will be offered in 20x9 front/rear and 20x11 rear only. As with the CS70, finishes have not been finalized but will likely be Matte Black, Gunmetal (matte gray) and Bright Silver. Maybe even a completely blacked out version.

post-27320-0-47370600-1294280511_thumb.jpg

Both styles are in the final stages of development. As such some of these details could change before they hit the market.

Shelby Performance Parts should have pricing in the coming days.

Check out our Facebook page for more photos.

So.... What do you think?

Are these North AMERICAN made or Made in CHINA bollocks?

• 2 weeks later...

Just because they're not now doesn't mean they won't be. I hate to sound all corporate but 20's account for over 80% of total sales. As a result we bring out 20's first Then if there seems to be enough demand to recup tooling and production cost for additional molds we roll out additional sizes

18 inch Alcoa's would be nice. But we have been there before.

• 1 month later...

Has anyone ordered and received any of these wheels?

Any pics of them on a CAR?

The website http://www.carrollshelbywheels.com/ has always indicated "Out of Stock" :doh:

Or are these another Phantom Product like the WINGS?

No phantom product...If you look back on posts from Daren, you will see he says that they just got the site up and running first, and the wheels are still not ready. So for now, they list as Out Of Stock.

:salute:

No phantom product...If you look back on posts from Daren, you will see he says that they just got the site up and running first, and the wheels are still not ready. So for now, they list as Out Of Stock.

:salute:

Thx for the info.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Sorry for the lack of updates.

CS70's are in stock now. I should have a few sets of CS-1's sometime within the next 3 weeks.

We're going to have two finishes available at 1st. All Matte Black and all Gunmetal. Check out our facebook page for a picture of the all Black. I'll post pics of Gunmetal as soon as I get one.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carroll-Shelby-Wheel-Company/58895104603

Sorry for the lack of updates.

CS70's are in stock now. I should have a few sets of CS-1's sometime within the next 3 weeks.

We're going to have two finishes available at 1st. All Matte Black and all Gunmetal. Check out our facebook page for a picture of the all Black. I'll post pics of Gunmetal as soon as I get one.

http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/Carroll-Shelby-Wheel-Company/58895104603

Daren:

Kudos on listening to feedback and going with the matte black finish. They look great.

Do you have any pics of these mounted on a Shelby? I assume you have test mounted some to check what size of tire you could put on the rear of a Shelby without modifications. I am hoping a 315 will fit.

BTW - If you need a car for photo shoot let me know.

Daren:

Kudos on listening to feedback and going with the matte black finish. They look great.

Do you have any pics of these mounted on a Shelby? I assume you have test mounted some to check what size of tire you could put on the rear of a Shelby without modifications. I am hoping a 315 will fit.

BTW - If you need a car for photo shoot let me know.

We don't have any photography of the all black yet. The photo I posted I actually took with my phone. As soon as we get a full set in we'll do a shoot and I'll post them. All I have right now is the shots of the machined face CS-1 on a 2011 GT500.

The gang in Vegas were kind enough to help us with fitment testing. I'm sorry to say the 315 didn't clear. I'm told 305 is going to be the limit without modification. We will retest and confirm as soon as we get a full set of production wheels.

post-27320-0-52320600-1314055743_thumb.jpg

post-27320-0-52320600-1314055743_thumb.jpg

We don't have any photography of the all black yet. The photo I posted I actually took with my phone. As soon as we get a full set in we'll do a shoot and I'll post them. All I have right now is the shots of the machined face CS-1 on a 2011 GT500.

The gang in Vegas were kind enough to help us with fitment testing. I'm sorry to say the 315 didn't clear. I'm told 305 is going to be the limit without modification. We will retest and confirm as soon as we get a full set of production wheels.

Thanks for the quick reply. Looking forward to pics.

Thanks Darren for all you're doing to get us new wheels!!!

20's are great for the car show/trailer queen cars, but for REAL cars that get driven, we need the 18's!

Still waiting for the 18" Alcoas... 10-11" in the rear would really be nice!

Mark

Thanks Darren for all you're doing to get us new wheels!!!

20's are great for the car show/trailer queen cars, but for REAL cars that get driven, we need the 18's!

Still waiting for the 18" Alcoas... 10-11" in the rear would really be nice!

Mark

:happy feet:

• 2 months later...

So what happened with these wheels or are they still just pictures?

Still just pictures. Website lists coming soon but doesn't show all black. CS Wheel company Facebook page has not been updated since Aug 22nd.

Looks like a course in product marketing & brand management at the local junior college might come in handy. Despite the lack of marketing I am still considering the matte black CS 70 or Matte black CS1. It would help if I could see more cars with the wheels fitted.

Archived