TEAM SHELBY FORUM

You seen em here first, Drum roll please

Daren@shelbywheels

Coming Spring 2011, two new styles from the Carroll Shelby Wheel Company.

Carroll Shelby Wheel Company is proud to announce two new styles for 2011. Both of our new styles incorporate an innovative design method known as reverse cast construction. This basically takes what would have been the front of the wheel and makes it the back. This allows us to finish more area of the lip further back between the spokes thus giving the wheels an infinity lip appearance. This gives the deeper look while pushing the spokes to the edge to allow maximum clearance of the biggest brakes out there. As a result both new styles in front and rear applications will fit GT500 and Shelby Baer brake systems.

1st The CS70. Many of you have seen the pictures of our prototypes on the blue Retrobuilt car at sema. These will be initially offered in 20x9 front rear and 20x10 rear only sizes. Finishes have not been finalized but It's looking like it will be Matte Black, Gunmetal (matte gray) and Bright Silver.

post-27320-0-10269100-1294280539_thumb.jpg

Secondly, Is the CS-1. The CS-1 will be offered in 20x9 front/rear and 20x11 rear only. As with the CS70, finishes have not been finalized but will likely be Matte Black, Gunmetal (matte gray) and Bright Silver. Maybe even a completely blacked out version.

post-27320-0-47370600-1294280511_thumb.jpg

Both styles are in the final stages of development. As such some of these details could change before they hit the market.

Shelby Performance Parts should have pricing in the coming days.

Check out our Facebook page for more photos.

So.... What do you think?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I perfer the CS70's. Just curious how come they are not available in 18's?

Just because they're not now doesn't mean they won't be. I hate to sound all corporate but 20's account for over 80% of total sales. As a result we bring out 20's first Then if there seems to be enough demand to recup tooling and production cost for additional molds we roll out additional sizes

WOW those CS70's are dead sexy! I am just curious why not 20X11 for the rears like the CS-1

True there - a 20x11 rear with the optimal (correct) backspacing and BOO-YAH!!! That would help put some REAL rubber to the road.

I would be the first to order a set.

GUS

I concur with Chad's curiosity. The track guys have 10 times the choices with 18's versus 20's when it comes to tires. We want to look good while blasting through the turns.

Carroll Shelby Wheel Company is proud to announce two new styles for 2011. Both of our new styles incorporate an innovative design method known as reverse cast construction. This basically takes what would have been the front of the wheel and makes it the back. This allows us to finish more area of the lip further back between the spokes thus giving the wheels an infinity lip appearance. This gives the deeper look while pushing the spokes to the edge to allow maximum clearance of the biggest brakes out there. As a result both new styles in front and rear applications will fit GT500 and Shelby Baer brake systems.

1st The CS70. Many of you have seen the pictures of our prototypes on the blue Retrobuilt car at sema. These will be initially offered in 20x9 front rear and 20x10 rear only sizes. Finishes have not been finalized but It's looking like it will be Matte Black, Gunmetal (matte gray) and Bright Silver.

CS70v2.jpg

Secondly, Is the CS-1. The CS-1 will be offered in 20x9 front/rear and 20x11 rear only. As with the CS70, finishes have not been finalized but will likely be Matte Black, Gunmetal (matte gray) and Bright Silver. Maybe even a completely blacked out version.

CS-1.jpg

Both styles are in the final stages of development. As such some of these details could change before they hit the market.

Question....Bright Silver? Chrome...yes or no....Thanks

Thanks for posting Darren!!!

I can't wait for them to be done. I know it was the plan to have them on my Red GT500 for the BASH, but I understand production issues and testing. Hopefully we can still get them ready for Knotts!!

Folks, both these wheels are beauties....pictures do not do them justice....In person they are like art....

Alex

I am planning on purchasing new rims for mine. So curious as to pricing, ball park is fine?

Rich

Plan on new rims for mine this spring, so what is pricing ballpark would be fine?

Rich

Daren...I just e-mailed Roger two days ago asking what happened to these????! Crazy.

Two thoughts:

1) I hate 20's... CS70's in Grey 18" for me, or nothing. (2007 GT500)

2) They look just like the Rocket wheels to me....hmmmmmm?

Just because they're not now doesn't mean they won't be. I hate to sound all corporate but 20's account for over 80% of total sales. As a result we bring out 20's first Then if there seems to be enough demand to recup tooling and production cost for additional molds we roll out additional sizes

I thought Chinese manufacturing was cheaper?

Did he get back to you in a timely manner? :hysterical:

Actually, it's funny...I don't think Roger has seen this thread yet, because I just got a response from him through another person at Shelby Wheels verifying that they will not be out till Feb.

I think it's so funny how when wheels come out, the companies always say that 20's outsell 18's.....and on this very thread you have a bunch of us stating that we won't be buyers of these if they make 'em in 20" only.

Some wheels, ie. these retro looking CS70's just need to be smaller diameter, if not for just the more flashback appeal? Not to mention, the better ride and handling characteristics.

Archived