TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A good tire size for 20 inch x 9 Shelby Razors

I am thinking about getting a set of 20 inch by 9 inch Shelby Razors,what is a good tire size for the front and back,I have a 1.5 inch spring drop ( Ford Racing K-springs ) from stock,also please point out any issues with tire rubbing,and turning rubbing, ( what is a good tire " each " for around $ 250.00 ) or is that price asking to much,thanks for any reply,323010-R1-16-9A.jpg :salute:

323010-R1-16-9A.jpg

I am thinking about getting a set of 20 inch by 9 inch Shelby Razors,what is a good tire size for the front and back,I have a 1.5 inch spring drop ( Ford Racing K-springs ) from stock,also please point out any issues with tire rubbing,and turning rubbing, ( what is a good tire " each " for around $ 250.00 ) or is that price asking to much,thanks for any reply,323010-R1-16-9A.jpg :salute:

I have 285's on the rear and 255's on the fronts on my Razors.

I'm running Vredestein tires in size 255/35/20 up front and 275/35/20 on the rears. My car is a DD so I needed tires tires that perform well on wet roads so I went with these tires, got a hookup from a member here on TS that knows a tire shop out of Cali.

The 35 side sits nice and flush and rubbing issues whatsoever.

DSC07601.jpg

Out of curiousity, Ford Rocks, are your rear razors 24mm offset (also fits front GT500 brakes) or the 40mm? model # 2966 or 2967 could also tell me if you don't know. I ask as I will be widening a set of rear razors and want to rest my mind on rubbing outer fenderwell and allow the extra estimated .5 in for the extra width, extending inside. Many thanks

Out of curiousity, Ford Rocks, are your rear razors 24mm offset (also fits front GT500 brakes) or the 40mm? model # 2966 or 2967 could also tell me if you don't know. I ask as I will be widening a set of rear razors and want to rest my mind on rubbing outer fenderwell and allow the extra estimated .5 in for the extra width, extending inside. Many thanks

I have the set that fits over the Brembo brakes, I'm not sure what offset that would be :headscratch:

DSC07611.jpg

Very nice pic. Truly a piece of art. Ford racing lowering kit? Geometry should be same on 500 I expect. I just made the decision to widen the 24mm rear to 11 in. For the northern potential potholes that haven't been fixed, :doh: a slightly higher sidewall.

Yep, FR suspension, please post pic when yours is widened.

I'm running Nitto NT 555 Extremes.

Fronts = 255/35-20 @ 27.05" (OEM 255/45-18 @ 27.0")

Rear = 285/30-20 @ 26.93" (OEM 285/40-18 @ 26.9")

As you can see, the collective tire height/diameter almost perfectly matched that of the OEMs... Difference in the speedo and gearing are negligible.

Offset is 24mm/5.94" on all four corners w/TPM valve sensors.

Very nice wheels steel town, you've done your homework and it shows...I don't see a suspension kit in your listed mods. Are you leary of outside rubbing with the 24's on the rear? Also in Pittsburgh, I know you must have potholes, ever have probs (bent rim etc.) with the smaller sidewall? I will be widening the 9 in razors to 11in (weldcraft) and leaning with 295/35's rear and 275/35's front to add a bit taller sidewall with the 20's. Thoughts on this setup?

First , thanks for all the replies / feedbacks,,I just ordered / paid for a set of four 20 inch x 9 inch, Chrome Shelby Razors 24 offset, for $ 1149.00 off ebay. arshelbyrazorchrome3.jpg :happy feet: ,I will post more pictures later after I get them. :salute:

323010-R1-16-9A.jpg

arshelbyrazorchrome3.jpg

thanks for the reply,,,,is that 285 / 30/ 20's and 255 / 30/ 20 ,,,or 35 or 40's what is the side wall size. :lurk:

Fronts are 255/35-20

Rears are 285/30-20

I got Michelin Pilot Sports A/S Plus for Daily driving

Very nice wheels steel town, you've done your homework and it shows...I don't see a suspension kit in your listed mods. Are you leary of outside rubbing with the 24's on the rear? Also in Pittsburgh, I know you must have potholes, ever have probs (bent rim etc.) with the smaller sidewall? I will be widening the 9 in razors to 11in (weldcraft) and leaning with 295/35's rear and 275/35's front to add a bit taller sidewall with the 20's. Thoughts on this setup?

The rear is dropped about an 1". I know someone locally who lowered his about 1 1/2" w/ the same set-up and has no issues.

I plan to widen mine to 11s as well. The 24mm Razors (4 corners) are standard equipment on the 40th w/ 275s on the rear, which sets flush w/ the wheels and slightly positioned inside of the fenders. I believe that the 295s on the 11s will do the same.

I actually plan to go a little wider on the 11s to 305s, which will be similar to my existing profile. Some like the 40mm offset (rear only- will not fit the front), but I like the uniformed "bulldog" stands w/ the 24mm spacing.

Post pics of your widen 11s when done...

First , thanks for all the replies / feedbacks,,I just ordered / paid for a set of four 20 inch x 9 inch, Chrome Shelby Razors 24 offset, for $ 1149.00 off ebay. post-12534-0-99373100-1294369403_thumb.jpg :happy feet: ,I will post more pictures later after I get them. :salute:

Congrats on the rim purchase Richard.

Yes, I am planning on attending again this year.

I am thinking about getting a set of 20 inch by 9 inch. Shelby Razors,what is a good tire size for the front and back,I have a 1.5 inch spring drop ( Ford Racing K-springs ) from stock,also please point out any issues with tire rubbing,and turning rubbing, ( what is a good tire " each " for around $ 250.00 ) or is that price asking to much,thanks for any reply,post-12534-0-43053700-1294194139_thumb.jpg :salute:

You can fit 295's front and rear with minor rubbing on the front sway bar if at all. As far as price,go with a tire that fits your needs. If it's not a daily driver get a summer tire. Tirerack.com is a great tool for researching. Read the reviews of many different tires. Look under size & specs to see what tire will fit on what rim, Also the UTQG rating is something to pay much attention to. Some tires don't have mileage warranties, so the lower the UTQG rating the faster it will wear and better the grip.

Also, stay with same size front and rear so you can rotate them. Take your time and always buy in groups of four so you qualify for a mail in rebate if offered. I sell tires at Sears auto center(part-time), and every month at least one major manufacturer has a rebate of $20-$80. And shop around, prices vary greatly from where you buy expensive tires, Price matching is a great way to the tire you want for a better price..

You can fit 295's front and rear with minor rubbing on the front sway bar if at all. As far as price,go with a tire that fits your needs. If it's not a daily driver get a summer tire. Tirerack.com is a great tool for researching. Read the reviews of many different tires. Look under size & specs to see what tire will fit on what rim, Also the UTQG rating is something to pay much attention to. Some tires don't have mileage warranties, so the lower the UTQG rating the faster it will wear and better the grip.

Also, stay with same size front and rear so you can rotate them. Take your time and always buy in groups of four so you qualify for a mail in rebate if offered. I sell tires at Sears auto center(part-time), and every month at least one major manufacturer has a rebate of $20-$80. And shop around, prices vary greatly from where you buy expensive tires, Price matching is a great way to the tire you want for a better price..

thanks for the reply ,thinking about getting some BFgoodrich - KDW 's , I can get a set of four 255 35 20 's with FREE shipping at $ 812.00 ,is that a good deal ? :lurk:

thanks for the reply ,thinking about getting some BFgoodrich - KDW 's , I can get a set of four 255 35 20 's with FREE shipping at $ 812.00 ,is that a good deal ? :lurk:

wheel bands and air sensors ,how much can I be looking to pay, my ford dealership has them at ( sensors ) each $ 124.00,and the bands to fit 20 inch wheels at $ 56.00 each , can I got a better deal somewhere else and can I just buy new bands :headscratch: and reuse my old wheel sensors with only 13,000 miles on them,without doing another cal :headscratch: ,do I have to do another cal if I reuse my old wheel sensors off my stock 18 inch wheels, :headscratch: thanks guys for any new info, :salute:

wheel bands and air sensors ,how much can I be looking to pay, my ford dealership has them at ( sensors ) each $ 124.00,and the bands to fit 20 inch wheels at $ 56.00 each , can I got a better deal somewhere else and can I just buy new bands :headscratch: and reuse my old wheel sensors with only 13,000 miles on them,without doing another cal :headscratch: ,do I have to do another cal if I reuse my old wheel sensors off my stock 18 inch wheels, :headscratch: thanks guys for any new info, :salute:

see link for complete tire sensor kit

http://www.americanmuscle.com/tpms-fullkit.html

well,I have a " NEW " problem now,today after looking closer at the wheels ,I see I have three wheels with 40mm off set and just one with 24mm off set, :headscratch: ,,this means I will have to brake down the brakes to change the wheel studs if I chose the 40mm ,( another cost )I really wanted 24 mm so I would not have to change wheel studs,I have already called and left and message with the ebay seller and wrote him also,hope to get a reply sometime Monday, I hope all this was just a over look by the seller,and can be fixed,,,,,,I was told by someone that the 40mm are rare? NOW.

I'm running Nitto NT 555 Extremes.

Fronts = 255/35-20 @ 27.05" (OEM 255/45-18 @ 27.0")

Rear = 285/30-20 @ 26.93" (OEM 285/40-18 @ 26.9")

As you can see, the collective tire height/diameter almost perfectly matched that of the OEMs... Difference in the speedo and gearing are negligible.

Offset is 24mm/5.94" on all four corners w/TPM valve sensors.

yea baby. how bout them STEELERS!

351155-R1-02-23A.jpg

well,I have a " NEW " problem now,today after looking closer at the wheels ,I see I have three wheels with 40mm off set and just one with 24mm off set, :headscratch: ,,this means I will have to brake down the brakes to change the wheel studs if I chose the 40mm ,( another cost )I really wanted 24 mm so I would not have to change wheel studs,I have already called and left and message with the ebay seller and wrote him also,hope to get a reply sometime Monday, I hope all this was just a over look by the seller,and can be fixed,,,,,,I was told by someone that the 40mm are rare? NOW.

351155-R1-02-23A.jpg

Archived