TEAM SHELBY FORUM

2011 Shelby GT350 total orderd?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd just like to see one built from the 2011 GT!!!

Now that we're half way into January, I'm starting to wonder if the one year anniversary of placing the order for the car and the GT350 package will get here before the car does. :banghead:

So what your saying is your car is going to be a year old ebfore you get it!

If the final count comes in under 200 2011 GT350s built, that would be tremendous for the owners, and sad for everyone else who wanted but did not order one. I drove to Perry Georgia to order mine. Seems the local Ford store in Evans, GA (Fairway Ford) had no idea what I was talking about when I went in late February last year to inquire as to how to order a new 350. They kept trying to sell me a GT. Regardless...ordered mine in very early March and it rolled off the truck and into my driveway on December 17. What a great Christmas gift. And yes...it is worth the painful wait. My hat's off to Steve for putting up with me. By the way...the only option I got on the Shelby end is the larger supercharger. Can never have enough horses! hehehe

Like you, I believe the final count will be under 200 for this first year run, maybe a bit under. I know Roger said at one point last year it was around 165 or something like that but dont remember where I read that post. Even they wont know for sure though for a couple months since until you actually pick up the car and pay for it, it can still change. Roger is the only one authorized to give out final counts, and the only one with that information, but whether it is the right thing to do- to release that information- or not is another question SA would have to answer as well. In due time, all those questions will have an answer though. If you think about it, it is much more valuable many years from now to know that information, and I assure you, SA works very very hard to have every bit of that information accurate, and it will one day be available I have no doubt. Roger's dedication to keep records on all these cars is one thing no one can question, and the most diligent person we could have heading that project. I dont know if you all remember, but he was introduced at Vegas Bash in '09 as a VERY knowledgable registry guy that SA brought in to help that part of the operation. His work ethic and dedication to the brand has added MANY more aspects of the daily operation to his workload, but at the end of the day, he is as commited to the registry now as he ever was, and I sure felt confident in what he and Steve are doing keeping the registry in line. I am honored to be a part of the registry team, and I am confident everyone will have very reliable information to utilize one day.

Any way the numbers shake out, its one great car, and 200 or 2000, Im proud to own one!:salute: I really wish everyone that wanted one could have one. Its one of the reasons I am so open about allowing people to drive and ride in the car. This build should not be kept a secret from the masses. It is just that good!happy%20feet.gif

Like you, I believe the final count will be under 200 for this first year run, maybe a bit under. I know Roger said at one point last year it was around 165 or something like that but dont remember where I read that post. Even they wont know for sure though for a couple months since until you actually pick up the car and pay for it, it can still change. Roger is the only one authorized to give out final counts, and the only one with that information, but whether it is the right thing to do- to release that information- or not is another question SA would have to answer as well. In due time, all those questions will have an answer though. If you think about it, it is much more valuable many years from now to know that information, and I assure you, SA works very very hard to have every bit of that information accurate, and it will one day be available I have no doubt. Roger's dedication to keep records on all these cars is one thing no one can question, and the most diligent person we could have heading that project. I dont know if you all remember, but he was introduced at Vegas Bash in '09 as a VERY knowledgable registry guy that SA brought in to help that part of the operation. His work ethic and dedication to the brand has added MANY more aspects of the daily operation to his workload, but at the end of the day, he is as commited to the registry now as he ever was, and I sure felt confident in what he and Steve are doing keeping the registry in line. I am honored to be a part of the registry team, and I am confident everyone will have very reliable information to utilize one day.

Any way the numbers shake out, its one great car, and 200 or 2000, Im proud to own one!:salute:I really wish everyone that wanted one could have one. Its one of the reasons I am so open about allowing people to drive and ride in the car. This build should not be kept a secret from the masses. It is just that good!happy%20feet.gif

Me too! :banghead:

Well, im not sure what you mean by that. The fact is this is pure speculation at this point, but I think my last comment that 200 or 2000, it certainly doesnt diminish the value of this car, and its not rumor to speculate, or guess. I dont think until Roger or someone at SA wants to give us that info, it hurts to guess. This is all for fun after all, and there is entertainment value and bragging rights for us as owners and fans to guess, and Im sure there is entertainment value for Roger to see our process of having fun with that as well.

Maybe we could start a list on WHO , CAR NUMBER and STATE ? My car number is 165 and I come from NEW YORK LONG ISLAND . I think it well go to 200 cars + or - 1

#20 Franklin, TN. Car is still in Vegas and will be for another 6 months. I added a few things to it.

Just a heads up for everyone else, the GT350 cars are not built with a sequential CSM number. By that I mean owners were allowed to choose their CSM number, if available, from 001 to 999. So if you see someone post a rather high CSM number that doesn't necessarily mean we produced that many GT350's for the 2011 model year.

Steve

Just a heads up for everyone else, the GT350 cars are not built with a sequential CSM number. By that I mean owners were allowed to choose their CSM number, if available, from 001 to 999. So if you see someone post a rather high CSM number that doesn't necessarily mean we produced that many GT350's for the 2011 model year.

Steve

I wonder why that was? (allowing customers to randomly pick a CSM #)

I would think it would be easier to track cars in numerical order as opposed to random numbers.

I wonder why that was? (allowing customers to randomly pick a CSM #)

I would think it would be easier to track cars in numerical order as opposed to random numbers.

Joe

Certain CSM numbers have a special meaning to the owners. For example some owners would want their GT350 CSM number to match their GT500KR number. Other owners like the idea of having a CSM number that relates to previous Ford products. For example a CSM number of 427, 289, 302 and of course the one everyone would like, CSM #350 Also some owners want a CSM number that correlates to a birthday or anniversary date.

Although issuing CSM numbers out of sequential order creates extra work for us the alternative is to turn away or tell customers to check back at a later date. I believe the way we issue these number is in the best interest of both the customer and Shelby American.

Hope this helps explain the rational for issuing the CSM numbers like we do.

Steve

• 1 year later...

This is directed to Roger. In a January, 2011 post, you said that when final numbers on the 2011 GT 350 was available, you would make them available. I guess I missed that...assuming that number is now available. Would like to know what the final count on the 2011 model year is when you have a chance.

Ciao and God bless...Jon R

We do have the total numbers. This is a Shelby Management decision to release the actual. I can say less than 200.

Hope this helps for now.

Roger

Gotta love that number....................congrats to the lucky few that own the 2011 GT350.

Last information that was put out was that 165 units were to be built based on the number of 2011 Mustang GT models customer ordered and delivered in time before the Ford production cut-off. A lot of owners and car dealers would like to know the actual count so they can express that their particular car is one of ???? built. One of the first cars auctioned for charity was to be given the special CSM of 350 and the origianl production was to be limited to 500 units. When I ordered my GT350, I wanted a number similar to my 1966 GT350, so I could remember it. It was not possible to get a special CSM of 187 even for an extra fee due to challenges it impose on production. My actual unit is five numbers higher than what was designated on my original order confirmation (ten months before delivery).

My comments come from a lot of past conversations with those at the shop, forum posts and media releases. I do not see why an actual official production figure cannot be released as production on the 2011 GT350 ended

on 9-1-2011. Does the Registry have a number based on cars produced. I when I went to register my car, I was told that it was already in the Registry when it was shipped from the factory.

B)

Archived