TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Classified Format

Nitro

Yep, and ads showed up in the daily "I haven't read that subforum" yet. I could read the ones I wanted to see and skip the rest. Now I have to go out of my way to see anything. Not only is the new method less convenient, I'll assert it's less effective.

I do software too. That's my 2c.

Then you know that's not a reason to go back to the old format but a new requirement to the existing one. You don't go back to an old version of your software because some new feature isn't implemented as cleanly as before you identify it as an issue and you look at how you can deliver that same or similar functionality in the next release.

My point is this is a feature you want added, the ability to see when there are new posts, and see those posts in a single click perhaps. What would be the use case here? That would be helpful.

Again - all blog sites work the same - TS decided to do something different and it's inconvenient. Pics - you don't need to post one to put an ad in - moot point in any case. There was no need to change the thread format. Who asked for it and why?

Sorry Jeff, it seems you do have an interest here. What - I'm not sure.

Why is any of this your concern?

I'm a member too, and because I LIKE the new format, I'm simply interested in why SPECIFICALLY you have issues so together we can all look at ways to fix the problem, meet the needs of all members, and not go back to the old way because a few voice their objections while others, like me, didn't voice their support.

Since I've been here we've always felt free to express our opinions, pro and con, without fear or questioning of our motives. I'm really surprised, and saddened, that because I disagree and try to have a dialog about SPECIFICS rather than "I hate.." that something is implied. What I don't know.

AGAIN, I LIKE THE NEW FORMAT and I don't want to see it go back to the old way because a vocal few made noise while those who like it sat silent and I think I should be able to do that in a civil way without my motives questioned.

I'm a member too, and because I LIKE the new format, I'm simply interested in why SPECIFICALLY you have issues so together we can all look at ways to fix the problem, meet the needs of all members, and not go back to the old way because a few voice their objections while others, like me, didn't voice their support.

Since I've been here we've always felt free to express our opinions, pro and con, without fear or questioning of our motives. I'm really surprised, and saddened, that because I disagree and try to have a dialog about SPECIFICS rather than "I hate.." that something is implied. What I don't know.

AGAIN, I LIKE THE NEW FORMAT and I don't want to see it go back to the old way because a vocal few made noise while those who like it sat silent and I think I should be able to do that in a civil way without my motives questioned.

As you said - you don't post classifieds. Just let it go.

There was, and there is, no need to change classified format. Classified threads are just like any other. What category would you like next to change and make different and inconvenient from the rest of the world? Keep it to yourself.

Jeff, with all due respect, what's wrong with liking something just because you, well, like it - that works both ways! The "old" system worked fine - it wasn't broken, so why fix it?! "Old" doesn't automatically equate to "bad", just as "new "doesn't mean "better". I use the F.S. section on various forums a lot, more for buying that selling, but it's part of my routine when ever I visit a site. Personally I really don't mind contacting a seller for more info - it's hard to put absolutely every bit of info into an ad anyway. As pointed out above, the history of various parts and the prices they go for, is also very useful and helps establish a fair price for the same item if it comes up again. As I mentioned, I buy more than sell, but just this morning I sold an item on another forum that I origionally listed over 2 months ago. People DO search these for-sale forums - not having ads expire is a GOOD thing.

All the for sale forums out there are all basically the same - people are used to them and their setup, and again, they work! And people will use what they're familiar with and "like", and avoid that which they don't - as was the case here IMO.

P.S. Thanks Robert for putting the "old" system back up again!

As you said - you don't post classifieds. Just let it go.

There was, and there is, no need to change classified format. Classified threads are just like any other. What category would you like next to change and make different and inconvenient from the rest of the world? Keep it to yourself.

I'm sorry if I upset you! I see it's been changed back so I guess that's that! Again I'm really sorry I upset you so much it wasn't my intention.

Archived