TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Classified Format

Nitro

I agree with the adds all being in one place concept, that is a good idea. It's the individual add format that seems more difficult. Guess things just have to change some times. I liked being able to see all the add reply's in the old format. Just seemed easier to navigate.

I agree with the adds all being in one place concept, that is a good idea. It's the individual add format that seems more difficult. Guess things just have to change some times. I liked being able to see all the add reply's in the old format. Just seemed easier to navigate.

+1 I agree with nitro, its nice having them all in one place but the replys done the old way were nice, you could follow them, and watch if the price dropped, and you kind of got a better feel of the car by following the replys sometime.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm not a fan of things timing out after 30 days. Many folks that buy don't necessarily do it in that amount of time.

Question - what was wrong with the former thread format? What drove the need for this? Again - this is the only site I post on that has this new requirement for posting classifieds - and it's really inconvenient...

Do not like... AT ALL! I've bought a fair bit of stuff for the Shelby, on various forums, and am still looking for a few items for this upcoming season. I don't even look in the one on here anymore now.

Yup, same here. I used to look at the Team Shelby classifieds once a day - since the new format, I probably haven't looked at them five times.

How about a how to sections as the help tab is of no help! Tried to post a photo and gave up after an hour and from the other adds it looks like I am not the only one who can not figure it out!

Old one was alot better.

Let me start off by saying I have no horse in this race. I haven't sold anything here and I actually do like the new format and browse the classifieds all the time. But I am a software product manager and I'd really like to understand, as I think Robert would, what's driving this backlash.

For example you said you gave up after an hour trying to post a picture? Can you detail what the issue was. The upload mechanism is the same as it is in the forums so I'd like to understand where you had an issue. As you can see next to the upload button, like in the forum, you are limited by your quota and the max upload size. Do you check both and still unable to upload?

If I remember correctly a lot of ads didn't have pictures before either and besides people posting "Bump" there were always "can you post a pic" comments. So I suspect it's not that fewer are posting pics but that now pics are front and center on all posts so you can now easily see if the poster has included a pic hence a better format in my opinion.

I'm not a fan of things timing out after 30 days. Many folks that buy don't necessarily do it in that amount of time.

Question - what was wrong with the former thread format? What drove the need for this? Again - this is the only site I post on that has this new requirement for posting classifieds - and it's really inconvenient...

One issue were ads that never expired. Inability to view all parts regardless of designated vehicle in one list. You needed to click on the thread to see if the poster had included a picture. You needed to often drill into each thread for the price. These are all big for me and the new format a BIG time saver when browsing.

The old format wasn't a classified system it was a message thread system used to post classifieds.

Yup, same here. I used to look at the Team Shelby classifieds once a day - since the new format, I probably haven't looked at them five times.

That's not good! Can you give some examples of what you miss, what feature, what's making it harder for you to get full use of the classified area?

That's not good! Can you give some examples of what you miss, what feature, what's making it harder for you to get full use of the classified area?

Basically, what I posted above - the entire format was just more user-friendly for me. I thought that fact that ads (= threads) stayed on indefinitely made it possible to get a feel for pricing and features of cars and parts that had sold, which is a great way to price items you're thinking about selling or just gauge the market. And the commentary on cars being sold often illuminated features about the car that the original ad didn't mention. Again, and this is totally subjective and personal preference, I just liked the original format a lot more.

You're exactly right on that - but that was what I liked about it.

LOL...funny that's what I HATED about it! It wasn't meant for that and because of that people didn't post complete information, every add was different, and a lot of back and forth was wasted just getting a poster to provide the most basic of info.

IMHO!

Let me start off by saying I have no horse in this race. I haven't sold anything here and I actually do like the new format and browse the classifieds all the time. But I am a software product manager and I'd really like to understand, as I think Robert would, what's driving this backlash.

For example you said you gave up after an hour trying to post a picture? Can you detail what the issue was. The upload mechanism is the same as it is in the forums so I'd like to understand where you had an issue. As you can see next to the upload button, like in the forum, you are limited by your quota and the max upload size. Do you check both and still unable to upload?

If I remember correctly a lot of ads didn't have pictures before either and besides people posting "Bump" there were always "can you post a pic" comments. So I suspect it's not that fewer are posting pics but that now pics are front and center on all posts so you can now easily see if the poster has included a pic hence a better format in my opinion.

Again - all blog sites work the same - TS decided to do something different and it's inconvenient. Pics - you don't need to post one to put an ad in - moot point in any case. There was no need to change the thread format. Who asked for it and why?

Sorry Jeff, it seems you do have an interest here. What - I'm not sure.

LOL...funny that's what I HATED about it! It wasn't meant for that and because of that people didn't post complete information, every add was different, and a lot of back and forth was wasted just getting a poster to provide the most basic of info.

IMHO!

Why is any of this your concern?

Thanks for everyone's feedback regarding the classified ads.

We'll continue to improve the new classified ad system until we can implement new features, etc. Jeff is correct is stating that the feedback you provide is great for us to read as it helps improve the functionality.

Team Shelby is here to listen as well. A lot of you clearly want the old classified ad forums back the way that they were. Having two different classified ad systems running isn't the best solution, however, it's the right solution until we can perfect a replacement.

At this point, the old classified ad forums are back for you to use ;)

Yep, I noticed that already and thanks for doing that.

I also noticed that all of the old ads that were there are still there too so anyone looking for a old FS ad, they're there.

I'd hope you'll keep both formats up, at least for now?

Thanks again,

Phill

We'll continue to improve the new classified ad system until we can implement new features, etc. Jeff is correct is stating that the feedback you provide is great for us to read as it helps improve the functionality.

Team Shelby is here to listen as well. A lot of you clearly want the old classified ad forums back the way that they were. Having two different classified ad systems running isn't the best solution, however, it's the right solution until we can perfect a replacement.

That's outstanding, Robert - thanks very much for doing that. I'll be back to browsing the classifieds every morning.

Late on getting in on this, but I like the new format with one exception, and that is not being able to edit my ad? The very instant you post you lose the ability to edit, it tells you too much time has lapsed? I like the fact that you have 30days for your items.

Thanks, Robert. I see the classified forums are back up, tho it appears I still can't reply, edit or start a new topic...

One issue were ads that never expired. Inability to view all parts regardless of designated vehicle in one list. You needed to click on the thread to see if the poster had included a picture. You needed to often drill into each thread for the price. These are all big for me and the new format a BIG time saver when browsing.

The old format wasn't a classified system it was a message thread system used to post classifieds.

Yep, and ads showed up in the daily "I haven't read that subforum" yet. I could read the ones I wanted to see and skip the rest. Now I have to go out of my way to see anything. Not only is the new method less convenient, I'll assert it's less effective.

I do software too. That's my 2c.

Archived