TEAM SHELBY FORUM

08 GT 500 KR @ NY Auto Show

LR 01 Cobra

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
or 2005 Shelby Cobra concept? :spiteful: -- dunno... ;-)

post-4902-1173070612_thumb.jpg

:woot:

Refresh my memory, what kind of performance is that packin'?

Edit:

Never mind, I found an article:Motor Trend

"It's an all-aluminum extension of Ford's modular V-8 engine family, although it shares nothing except cylinder count and V-angle with the 6.8-liter, SOHC Triton truck engine. This one displaces 390 cubic inches and is rated at 605 horsepower at 6750 rpm. Wanna talk torque? The V-10 yanks out 501 pound-feet at 5500 revs."

"Just how reliable are these numbers? "We're not really sure," Hutting quietly admits. "The dyno it was being tested on reads to 600 horsepower. The engine guys pegged it. And the car does great burnouts."

Facelift? :spiteful: Yes or no ...

I like the 'serious' face it wears -- a budy of mine doesn't. If it's built I think it will be awesome. The originals were only about 2400lbs and were relatively low-tech. These days it has to be crashed and all, but there's a lot of tech Ford developed with Boeing (the honey-comb aluminum and UV light-fused panels on the Ford-GT and Jags) -- there's also carbon fiber too.

Who knows, but with today's tech I would think well-under 4lbs/HP is now doable (maybe even 3.5lbs/HP!) -- but will it be done?!

The GR-1 is gorgeous, but I don't think a polished-aluminum sports car, even in limited production, isn't in our future anytime soon. I guess a painted alloy or composite body would be light, but a 650HP Cobra-II just makes my blood flow ;-)

<edit:> I've noticed that SEMA has been very active the last two years lobbying individual state legislatures to accept new vehicles wearing old-design skin as vintage vehicles. I don't know if that comes into play here (a real stretch for sure <lol>) but if it did, I think 30-something states have signed on in that context to some extent. E.g. in many states now, if you make a from-scratch '32 Ford hot-rod, it's registerable as a '32 Ford (not a 'new' car!!), but likely that loophole wouldn't apply to a manufacturer, as opposed to an individual -- anyone have any insight on that??

<edit:> Chris, can't wait for the pics -- r u going to press-days on Wed/Thurs??? So, if there's a KR, we'll see it here by Friday??? :hyper: :headspin: :hyper: :headspin: :hyper: ;-)

<edit:> Chris, can't wait for the pics -- r u going to press-days on Wed/Thurs??? So, if there's a KR, we'll see it here by Friday??? :hyper: :headspin: :hyper: :headspin: :hyper: ;-)

I can't wait either!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: If there is anything new, or older & exciting, I will do my best to post it asap. Plan is to be there on Press days, and yes, I will take as many as they allow! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

Hey Guys,

For those of you who like the GR-1, here is a video clip from carcrazycentral.com

http://carcrazycentral.com/cc_tv_ondemand.aspx

if it doesnt pop up. just search on the video search.

enjoy

Cool Video! Even an interview with Carroll about 2/3 the way through...

At SEMA last fall, the GR-1 (paint removed, polished aluminum) was displayed out in the lobby corral.... gorgeous!

I can't wait either!!! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: If there is anything new, or older & exciting, I will do my best to post it asap. Plan is to be there on Press days, and yes, I will take as many as they allow! :hyper: :hyper: :hyper:

you da man ;-)

• 3 weeks later...

We had the painted alloy/white stripe GR-1 at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto back in late February. Much better than the aluminum-look unit on the show circuit (same car, different finish?). Word out on the 05 Cobra Concept was that it was NOT well received by the enthusiast press and shelved, replaced by said GR-1, considering it's based on the same chassis, apparantly. Frankly, I think the Cobra was a dud and the GR-1 is the way to go. And it would be a perfect 'halo' car for Ford now that the GT has been phased out.

We had the painted alloy/white stripe GR-1 at the Canadian International Auto Show in Toronto back in late February. Much better than the aluminum-look unit on the show circuit (same car, different finish?). Word out on the 05 Cobra Concept was that it was NOT well received by the enthusiast press and shelved, replaced by said GR-1, considering it's based on the same chassis, apparantly. Frankly, I think the Cobra was a dud and the GR-1 is the way to go. And it would be a perfect 'halo' car for Ford now that the GT has been phased out.

+1 I think you may be onto something there -- if so it would seem it's one of the best kept secrets (the other being the Boss <lol>).

Didn't you guys notice how much :spiteful: there is going on here?????

Do you think :spiteful:

We all :spiteful: :rolleyes:

Could be raising our collective eyebrows :spiteful:

Any more than this??? :spiteful:

It's like :spiteful:

We're all :spiteful:

Kiddies at Christmas Eve!!! :spiteful:

:hysterical: :beerchug:

Not much longer, guys & gals!!!!!

:spiteful:

:woohoo:

:kuko:

:devil:

:stirpot::stirpot::stirpot:

There's something big about to happen, but I can't say for fear of litigation :hysterical2:

OK, MR. Coldwater.... <lol> :spiteful:

----

...also, did you notice that Hermann Salenbauch, who replaced HTT, worked on the '05 Shelby Cobra concept? Wonder if that adds any cred to that being the next halo-car. :spiteful:

Does anyone in here have access to the Trademark filing briefs? Sure would be interesting to know if Ford has recently 'd the name OUTLAW?

I know everyone is excited at the possibility of a KR for 2008, but would it make sense for Ford to bring that car out, if at all, in 2008 to celebrate its anniversary, or to release it in 2009 to be ready to battle the new Camaro and Challenger? Or will the new BOSS take care of those guys? Do you think the car show will have anything on the BOSS or just the KR/other HALO car? Just a thought.

Alex

I know everyone is excited at the possibility of a KR for 2008, but would it make sense for Ford to bring that car out, if at all, in 2008 to celebrate its anniversary, or to release it in 2009 to be ready to battle the new Camaro and Challenger? Or will the new BOSS take care of those guys? Do you think the car show will have anything on the BOSS or just the KR/other HALO car? Just a thought.

Alex

Isn't that what all the excitement is about????? :spiteful:

Not knowing what will be there, ready for production? :rolleyes:

If I were you, I would go there- if you can. :devil: I do not think you will be disappointed (nor will I)!!!

It'll be worth the trip... :stirpot:

Isn't that what all the excitement is about????? :spiteful:

Not knowing what will be there, ready for production? :rolleyes:

If I were you, I would go there- if you can. :devil: I do not think you will be disappointed (nor will I)!!!

It'll be worth the trip... :stirpot:

Yes. Please email me the flight ticket confirmation from SF to NY. I really appreciate you buying me my flight ticket. Please, do not worry, I will take care of my own hotel room costs. lol. JK. I wish I could go man. I am too far and my schedule just wont allow it. Do enjoy, in all MUSTANG enthusiasts behalf. And PICTURES....LOTS OF THEM....MAYBE EVEN VIDEO.

...but I wanna know NOW! :hysterical2:

I want to see the new 10Liter 1000HP Shelby GT1000KR-GR1-Bullitt-Outlaw-Mach1-BigBoss!!!

:headspin: :happy feet: :hyper: :banvictory::drop::cheerleader: :hyper:

:hyper: :headspin: :happy feet: :hyper: :banvictory::drop::cheerleader:

:cheerleader: :hyper: :headspin: :happy feet: :hyper: :banvictory::drop:

:drop::cheerleader: :hyper: :headspin: :happy feet: :hyper: :banvictory:

:banvictory::drop::cheerleader: :hyper: :headspin: :happy feet: :hyper:

:hyper: :banvictory::drop::cheerleader: :hyper: :headspin: :happy feet:

:happy feet: :hyper: :banvictory::drop::cheerleader: :hyper: :headspin:

:headspin: :happy feet: :hyper: :banvictory::drop::cheerleader: :hyper:

I hope they don't :heartbreaker: cause I'll go :tease:

:hysterical:

Dude, if they make all these cars I'm gonna half to sell the house & live in a tent inside my new big horsepower garage. :hysterical:

:hysterical2:

Coldy, that's one car <lol> ...they'll have to abbreviate it or the side-stripe will look like a friggin' marquee :hysterical:

:idea: the SE solution: one car, many side-stripes :hysterical2:

Archived