TEAM SHELBY FORUM

A Shelby GT500 selling for only $ 3993.65 ?

csm198

I was just looking thru some of my old paperwork and came across the invoice for my former 67 GT500. It reads $ 3993.65

You could not buy and install a nice set of shelby brakes today for what the total price of the car was then.

I'll take a dozen shelby's please one in every color, oh yeah and make them all with the 427 side oiler optional motor!

It is just amazing to think how things are different. One thing is constant, and that is the cool cars.

I remember in High School, a friend and I went to check out a New Trans An (1978 Bandit Edition) and it had an MSRP of just under $5,000.00 if my Memory is correct. I remember thinking, NO WAY IN HELL WILL I EVERY PAY THAT MUCH FOR A CAR! In 2002, I paid just under $22,000 for a Mustang GT 5 Speed Coupe. I guess the joke was on me................ :hysterical:

The good old days.....I purchased my '68 Camaro SS ( 396ci/ 375 HP) back in the day for $2985.......I did have an option to purchase a Shelby back then but couldn't afford the payments--maybe $1500 more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Could you imagine............................ : :banghead:

Archived