TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Traded in the Shelby but I still have a SVT

mrdci

Well I had to let the Shelby go on Friday. My F-250 is becoming less than reliable and I do tow some ATVs around and needed a new tow vehicle. So I picked up a 2011 Raptor SuperCrew in Tuxedo Black. The car will be missed but the truck is more practicle for what I need as the car was only driven in good weather and would really only fit part of the family. Besides the truck has way more options than my Shelby as its loaded with everything except the decals. Here's the pics.

Raptor1.jpg

Raptor2.jpg

I can see the wheels turning in Battle Ground tonight..........

Oh no. I'm good.

I have a lot of fun just looking. :lurk:

Besides that I have a 2009 F-150 in my shop that is still new with only 18K miles on it, and it's darn near paid for. (It's in my sig pic)happy%20feet.gif

Rob, you know better...LOL...all the Raptors come with the all new 6.2L V8...amazing engine!!

Alex

wrong, some came with a 5.4

The biggest complaint about the Ford SVT Raptor is the paltry 320 HP 5.4-liter V8. Ford rectifies that error today, announcing the new 6.2-liter V8 with 411HP and 434 ft-lb of torque as an upgrade option. Upgrade price? $3,000.

http://jalopnik.com/5395638/more-power-ford-svt-raptor-gets-upgraded-62+liter-v8-for-411-hp

The standard engine on the '10s was the 5.4 with the 6.2 as a lateer option, but the 2011s all come with the 6.2 which is also an option on non-Raptor F150s this year. I looked at the Limited (replaced the Platinum) at my local dealer with the 6.2. Non only did it sport a sticker of over $52K...but the part on the sticker where it shows the 'gas milage'? It just had an evil smiley face! Somethign about 12mpg in the city...

nice truck...i had juat shopped one on the Ford site...dont Really need ond, just think they are cool...would like to see a raptor with a high performance diesel under the hood...

I own 2 trucks now so makes no sense but they do look cool! Cheers!

Right now I'm getting about 13.5 MPG with mixed driving using 87octance and only having just over 400hp. You need 91Octane to get the full 411HP. The sticker showed 11-14mpg. My other truck a 99 F250 Powerstroke with lift gets roughly 15-16 so a little less in the MPG but diesel is 20 cents more per Gallon so it was a push. Towing capacity is 8000lbs so it will work fine for hauling my 16ft trailer loaded with ATVs. I am still amazed how well sync is and that I can check the radar with out having to do anything other than say or hit a button. Bluetooth streaming from my iPhone works alot better than the AUX connection in the Shelby. I think I can go faster on the roads by my house in the truck with the extra suspension and all the jumps I can now hit. :shift:

wrong, some came with a 5.4

The biggest complaint about the Ford SVT Raptor is the paltry 320 HP 5.4-liter V8. Ford rectifies that error today, announcing the new 6.2-liter V8 with 411HP and 434 ft-lb of torque as an upgrade option. Upgrade price? $3,000.

http://jalopnik.com/5395638/more-power-ford-svt-raptor-gets-upgraded-62+liter-v8-for-411-hp

He said his was a 2011...as far as I know all Raptors for 2011 have the 6.2....

Alex

Well I had to let the Shelby go on Friday. My F-250 is becoming less than reliable and I do tow some ATVs around and needed a new tow vehicle. So I picked up a 2011 Raptor SuperCrew in Tuxedo Black. The car will be missed but the truck is more practicle for what I need as the car was only driven in good weather and would really only fit part of the family. Besides the truck has way more options than my Shelby as its loaded with everything except the decals. Here's the pics.

Raptor1.jpg

Raptor2.jpg

SWEEEET!! What a beast!!

He said his was a 2011...as far as I know all Raptors for 2011 have the 6.2....

Alex

you said "all the Raptors come with the all new 6.2L V8...amazing engine!!" not true, the 2010my had 5.4's with an option for the 6.2

you said "all the Raptors come with the all new 6.2L V8...amazing engine!!" not true, the 2010my had 5.4's with an option for the 6.2

You're right....I went back and read what I wrote. He said he had a 2011, so I didn't say anything about the 5.4. What I should have said is all 2011 Raptors are the 6.2 and the 10's both the 5.4 and the 6.2 were available. One thing I did learn in this thread though, is that the 6.2 is now an option on the non Raptor F150...kinda cool....

Alex

All Raptors now come with the 6.2L. The 4.6 and 5.4 have been discontinued. Thats the reason why Ford is just now shipping 2011s as the entire engine line up changed. Base is the 3.7 or 5.0 from the stang then the 6.2. Ecoboost V6 will be available shortly and might be in the Raptor next year since they are testing in the Raptor XT now.

wpid-Baja1000FordF-150EcoBoostFrontView-623x340.jpg

http://autos.viere.net.my/tag/ford-f-150

She's a beast! Love the decal delete. N joy

Thanks. Got a question for you guys, Dealer just called me and wanted a list of mods on my car and asked if I had the tuner. I do have it but it wasn't part of my deal. So what should I do??? I see used tuners are selling on Ebay. I do still love the car but I didn't get the best deal in the world either. The dealer will probably make 5K on the car but I hate to see the new owner not enjoy it like I have.

Here's a tuner thats on ebay right now for $175

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SCT-X3-Power-Flash-SF3-Ford-Tuner-2010-Shelby-GT500-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem1e60ba17acQQitemZ130471827372QQptZRaceQ5fCarQ5fParts

Do you still have the modified tune on it or did you reflash it to stock? If it is still "tuned" they need it to make updates and that tuner is probably useless to someone else and I'd give it to them. If you put it back to stock, I'd sell it...forget the dealer. Just my opinion.

Do you still have the modified tune on it or did you reflash it to stock? If it is still "tuned" they need it to make updates and that tuner is probably useless to someone else and I'd give it to them. If you put it back to stock, I'd sell it...forget the dealer. Just my opinion.

The car still has the Tune. I still have the stock parts. I don't see how it would be useless you can still load other tunes on it.

Archived