TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood heat sheild

windyracee

My freind removed the fabric that is attached underneath the hood. Can it stay off without the heat from the supercharger affecting the paint on the hood? Maybe not so bad in collder days, but in the heat of summer, not so sure. It is a 2011 GT 500. Anyone have expeience with this?

My freind removed the fabric that is attached underneath the hood. Can it stay off without the heat from the supercharger affecting the paint on the hood? Maybe not so bad in collder days, but in the heat of summer, not so sure. It is a 2011 GT 500. Anyone have expeience with this?

i know Mustang08 took his off to hear the SC whine--its been 2 years and its fine

Don't know why you'd want to remove it as the hoods are not usually painted very well underneath and it weighs less than a pound, but, nevertheless, my road race guys out here in CA have been running their Shelby GT's and GT500's even in the heat of the summer with no issues bubbling the hood paint or damaging the stripes...

Alex

Don't know why you'd want to remove it as the hoods are not usually painted very well underneath and it weighs less than a pound, but, nevertheless, my road race guys out here in CA have been running their Shelby GT's and GT500's even in the heat of the summer with no issues bubbling the hood paint or damaging the stripes...

Alex

He wants to hear the blower whine more, he has it off it is not too bad for paint. If he leaves it off he is going to paint the underside of the hood where the paint is not the best.

Archived