TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show

SVT NAJA

John,

It's great to hear that you and Mary will be joining us for the cruise to Tahoe again this year. I'll be posting up all of the fine details next month, but rest assured that we'll meet at SunValley Mall again the morning of the cruise before heading to Old Town Sac for the group departure. I hope the weather is favorable for your safe transit across the heartland. See you in a month!

Jim

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry our plans have changed, we will be unable to attend the cruise. We still plan to be in the area but not headed to Tahoe like originally planned, but we will honk and wave it we see the group in passing!!!

Sorry our plans have changed, we will be unable to attend the cruise. We still plan to be in the area but not headed to Tahoe like originally planned, but we will honk and wave it we see the group in passing!!!

Kerry,

It's all good, things come up and plans get changed. Maybe you and Diane will be able to make it next year (probably June 24th). Thanks.

Jim

PS: Let me know if you'll be at Sammy and the Wabos Tahoe concert on Saturday 9/10. I think the Kings Beach auto show is the same day again.

Wingrider,

Approximately 8:00 am. Are you in?

We now have our month sorted out, so yes.

I don't know where we will be staying Saturday, or maybe Friday but I'm researching hotels now.

We now have our month sorted out, so yes.

I don't know where we will be staying Saturday, or maybe Friday but I'm researching hotels now.

Wingrider,

I'll get you posted up. There are still rooms available at the Crown Resort in Kings Beach http://www.tahoecrown.com/lake-front-lodging. Several of us will be having dinner Saturday night at the Caliente http://www.calientetahoe.com/ down the street. If you decide to make it an early morning from the Bay Area, several of us are leaving from the SunValley Mall in Concord at 6:30am.

Jim

Jim ad me Art and my wife Susan to the list daughter Alyson will also grace us with her presence. Looking forward to this event had a blast last year.

Art,

It's great news to hear that you, Susan and Alyson will be joining the cruise again this year. I'll post you up.

Jim

PS: Are you going to Blackhawk tomorrow?

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610021.jpg

Bruce,

That would be a great cruise, but to make Tahoe Vista by noon, you'd have to leave Old Town Sac at approximately 7am to get there (which includes a 1 hour fuel stop in Meyers for maybe 60+ cars). Additionally, quite a few members are coming from the Bay Area, so it would be a really early morning for them.

Add me to the list too. My schedule just changed and now I am free on 6/25. I'll be driving from the Bay Area and I for one think the Hwy 88 route is the way to go, I was at Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago and had to detour to Hwy 88. Just an incredible drive! I don't care how early I have to get up to be in Sacramento by 7AM; I'll do it to get a chance to drive the Shelby on Hwy 88 rather than Hwy 80.

Add me to the list too. My schedule just changed and now I am free on 6/25. I'll be driving from the Bay Area and I for one think the Hwy 88 route is the way to go, I was at Lake Tahoe a couple of weeks ago and had to detour to Hwy 88. Just an incredible drive! I don't care how early I have to get up to be in Sacramento by 7AM; I'll do it to get a chance to drive the Shelby on Hwy 88 rather than Hwy 80.

Dana,

Sounds like you have the remodel done. Congrats, I've done that before... LOT'S of work. I think the I-80 backup plan won't be needed now that Echo is fully open on the weekends. I know several members who will go home from Tahoe via Hwy 88 over the Carson Pass, so does going up Hwy 50 work? I'll get you posted up on page #1. See you on the 25th.

Jim

Sorry Jim I have to go to my wife's cousins house their kids graduated from collage and have to go to the party

Art,

I have a couple of those obligations myself over the next 2 weeks. Have a good time!

Jim

Dana,

Sounds like you have the remodel done. Congrats, I've done that before... LOT'S of work. I think the I-80 backup plan won't be needed now that Echo is fully open on the weekends. I know several members who will go home from Tahoe via Hwy 88 over the Carson Pass, so does going up Hwy 50 work? I'll get you posted up on page #1. See you on the 25th.

Jim

Jim,

The Hwy 50 route works just fine and now that you say it is open, I will be going home that same day so going back through Hwy 88 over Carson Pass will make the cruise even better.

Dana

Jim,

The Hwy 50 route works just fine and now that you say it is open, I will be going home that same day so going back through Hwy 88 over Carson Pass will make the cruise even better.

Dana

You are assuming that the chain control will be lifted by then ?@#%

I wonder if there will still be a lot of water running across the road from the melt off at that time? If my Carbon fiber spliter dosent work I have a full size Western Snow Plow I use on the road to my house duing these snowy Utah winters.

Jim.....

Bummer the date had to be changed but we would rather not be plowing thru the snow.

September 10th works for us and have already changed our reservations....

Aggie

Aggie,

As you know, I was at Kings Beach last year for the 9/11 Patriot Day red, white and blue cruise and car show. The weather was perfect. happy%20feet.gif

We've secured the same beachside location for our Team Shelby event! I'm glad you'll be able to make it and that you were able to change your reservations.

Jim

Bummer! Our hotel res. is not refundable so we are still heading up. Maybe take the wifes Edge if weather is iffy. :(

- Aj -,

Have you considered joining us in September? If you can make, I would think your pre-paid hotel reservation could be moved to the 10th. They'll appreciate the business then too! And for what it's worth, if you're a Sammy Hagar fan, the Wabos play Harvey's that evening. Let me know, I'd like to help!

Jim

Aggie,

As you know, I was at Kings Beach last year for the 9/11 Patriot Day red, white and blue cruise and car show. The weather was perfect. happy%20feet.gif

We've secured the same beachside location for our Team Shelby event! I'm glad you'll be able to make it and that you were able to change your reservations.

Jim

Jim we wont be making it. Already had reservations for Yosemite (which are really hard to get). Too bad I was really looking forward to it but we cant control the weather. Probably a wise thing to do. Looking at the runoff now it looks like it just rained and will probably be worse by the end of the month. Look forward to next year. Brad

Jim we wont be making it. Already had reservations for Yosemite (which are really hard to get). Too bad I was really looking forward to it but we cant control the weather. Probably a wise thing to do. Looking at the runoff now it looks like it just rained and will probably be worse by the end of the month. Look forward to next year. Brad

Brad,

Canceling this event was the last thing we wanted to do - because we know members had made commitments to attend and have other plans scheduled through the summer. But given the rainy weather forecast and massive snow pack run-off on the roadways, it was time to pull the plug and regroup. I look forward to seeing you next year and I know that you and Denise will have a great time at Yosemite. Heck, with this year's snow pack... you'll probably still have water gushing over the falls on the 10th! Thanks.

Jim

Aggie,

Jim

Kevin and I were able to change our reservations with no problem. All of our reservations at Harvey's were changed with no problem. Dan & Sal are having a problem as well for the Embassy on Friday night. They are working on it.

Sorry to hear that Brad. I think Jim made the right call on this. I think most of us would agree that driving thru muddy water on the roadways or the chance of a thunderstorm would not make most of us very happy. We are looking forward to the new date and we are all happy that we were able to make it work this is such an awesome cruise....

Aggie

Archived