TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show

SVT NAJA

I'd like to add my name to the "Snakes at the Lake" Cruise. This will be my first activity with any other Shelby owners and am looking forward to it. Please let me know what the details of the trip are when they're finalized and any other information that might be good to know about this trip.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some other owners,

2TEJOTA

'09 Shelby Super Snake w/ Kenne Belle

Awesome & Welcome!!

Jim plans a killer cruise, it was a blast last year. What a perfect way to get that SS out and enjoy it.

Here is a link to my thread of hotel accommodations if you plan on staying either in Sacramento Friday night or Tahoe Saturday night or both. Hotels book up fast in Tahoe so if you plan on staying up there you may want to get your room booked.

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65474-tahoe-cruise-friday-sat-night-accommodations/

Look Forward to meeting you.....

Aggie

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'd like to add my name to the "Snakes at the Lake" Cruise. This will be my first activity with any other Shelby owners and am looking forward to it. Please let me know what the details of the trip are when they're finalized and any other information that might be good to know about this trip.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some other owners,

2TEJOTA

'09 Shelby Super Snake w/ Kenne Belle

2TEJOTA,

Welcome to Team Shelby!

Wow, another Super Snake... I can't wait to see and hear that beast of yours. I'll get you posted on page #1.

We look forward to having you join us on the cruise to Tahoe for a great BBQ and Car Show at the lake. Stay tuned for details and maps coming later this month.

If you're staying the night, as Aggie indicated, please book a room now as they fill up fast. Thanks.

Jim

I am new to Team Shelby and have never been to a driving event, but I am looking at this one closely. I have a 2008 GT500KR, I havn't seen anyone else with a KR looking to go. I live in Utah, but my in-laws live in the foothills near Placerville and our family vacation coincides closely to the cruise. I may trailer my Shelby over and meet up with you somewhere along the way. If you have some more specifics on the times the caravan will be passing Placerville area that would be great.

I am not quite clear what occurs once you reach the lake. Is there a drive around the lake? Will there be some maps produced that show the route? This sounds like a blast in a terrific and beautiful setting!

I am new to Team Shelby and have never been to a driving event, but I am looking at this one closely. I have a 2008 GT500KR, I havn't seen anyone else with a KR looking to go. I live in Utah, but my in-laws live in the foothills near Placerville and our family vacation coincides closely to the cruise. I may trailer my Shelby over and meet up with you somewhere along the way. If you have some more specifics on the times the caravan will be passing Placerville area that would be great.

I am not quite clear what occurs once you reach the lake. Is there a drive around the lake? Will there be some maps produced that show the route? This sounds like a blast in a terrific and beautiful setting!

tdshelby,

Welcome to Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region! :superhero:

It would be great timing if you can join us on June 25th as we caravan through Placerville on eastbound Hwy 50. I estimate that will occur just about 9am as we make our way to Lake Tahoe where we'll be having a BBQ and Car Show in Tahoe Vista until 3:30pm or so. Following the show, we'll be back on the road around the lake for some great photo ops above Incline Village (see last year's here http://www.teamshelb...0/page__st__180 starting with post #199) . Further details and maps for this year's cruise will be provided later this month, so stay tuned.

In the meantime, I'll post you up on page #1 so Cali_KR (who also has a 2008 GT500KR #552 - see his sig on post #8) knows a twin might be attending. happy%20feet.gif

Hey Jim,

There is not a lot of good places to park in Placerville. I am thinking Spring St., the second light. Anyone that wants to meet the caravan in PV, can contact me and if you can call me on the cell, we can be ready for you! I got down to 3 cars now, so the Shelby is in out of the storage building and in the garage! Washed and waxed and ready for summer, if it ever comes!!!----Jack

Tom Cali KR Dankel will be driving his 40th anniversary 2008 KR

Hey Jim,

There is not a lot of good places to park in Placerville. I am thinking Spring St., the second light. Anyone that wants to meet the caravan in PV, can contact me and if you can call me on the cell, we can be ready for you! I got down to 3 cars now, so the Shelby is in out of the storage building and in the garage! Washed and waxed and ready for summer, if it ever comes!!!----Jack

Jack,

It appears CalTrans has thrown a wrench in our Hwy 50 cruising plans with a complete road closure starting sometime in May (depending on weather), followed by one way controlled traffic through June. If you've ever been stuck in one-way controlled traffic in the Sierras... it's a PITA, not to mention a waste of fuel.

Here is the official DOT link: http://www.dot.ca.go...srel/11pr23.htm

I'm going to suggest that we plan on leaving Old Town Sacto a half hour later and head up I-80 to Truckee and then over Hwy 267 past Northstar as we make our way to Lake Tahoe for the BBQ and Car Show. This is a more direct route with great scenery and it won't require a fuel stop if leaving Sacto full. We could pick you up at the Dry Creek exit in Auburn like we did last year for the Patriot Day run.

Since this isn't set in stone, I welcome feedback on this suggested change of route from members attending the cruise. :superhero:

Thanks.

Jim

For a litle longer but more scenic drive we could head over to Jackson and take hwy 88 to SLT.

Bruce,

That would be a great cruise, but to make Tahoe Vista by noon, you'd have to leave Old Town Sac at approximately 7am to get there (which includes a 1 hour fuel stop in Meyers for maybe 60+ cars). Additionally, quite a few members are coming from the Bay Area, so it would be a really early morning for them.

Jack,

It appears CalTrans has thrown a wrench in our Hwy 50 cruising plans with a complete road closure starting sometime in May (depending on weather), followed by one way controlled traffic through June. If you've ever been stuck in one-way controlled traffic in the Sierras... it's a PITA, not to mention a waste of fuel.

I'm going to suggest that we plan on leaving Old Town Sacto a half hour later and head up I-80 to Truckee and then over Hwy 267 past Northstar as we make our way to Lake Tahoe for the BBQ and Car Show. This is a more direct route with great scenery and it won't require a fuel stop if leaving Sacto full. We could pick you up at the Dry Creek exit in Auburn like we did last year for the Patriot Day run.

Since this isn't set in stone, I welcome feedback on this suggested change of route from members attending the cruise. :superhero:

Thanks.

Jim

EITHER WAY IS GOOD FOR ME

My in-laws live near Jackson. I come from Utah and drive Highway 88 all the time and it's a beautiful drive. Caples lake and others up there have some nice vistas. Thanks for keeping an eye on the road construction. I will be coming from Utah so I will miss the drive up the Sierras but will likely meet up with the group in at Lake Tahoe. Where is everyone meeting up in Lake Tahoe ? What is the place called?

Jack,

Thanks.

Jim, Whatever you decide will be fine with us. Just glad we found out about this now and not 2 days before. Thanks for all you work in putting this together again. Brad

Jim

My wife, Cheryl, and I would like to join in.. Will you post more info as the date gets near? Thanks, Don and Cheryl (Lodi).....Sherlby

Don (aka:Sherlby),

I see this is your first post, so I want to welcome you to Team Shelby! Members of the Pacific Coast Region look forward to having you and your wife Cheryl joining us on this year's cruise to Lake Tahoe.

There are many great folks here on TS to help with any question(s) you may have. Make sure you post up some pictures of your car when you get a chance.

I will update post #1 to reflect your plans to attend. Stay tuned for additional details regarding this event that I will post this coming month.

Jim

Hello Everyone:

I just found out about this cruise from another Shelby owner (GT 500), Rob Keller. We're both members of the Sacramento Area Mustang Club and would really love to partake in this awesome-sounding cruise. Don't have a Snake. Just a 2008 Shelby GT vert. Hope that's OK. But we are also trying to get some other members of our club to join in as well. I'll keep checking back in to find out the details. I think the drive up I-80 is not a bad drive if Hwy 50 is still closed. Anyway, glad to find out you guys are so active and hope to join you.

Al

Hello Everyone:

I just found out about this cruise from another Shelby owner (GT 500), Rob Keller. We're both members of the Sacramento Area Mustang Club and would really love to partake in this awesome-sounding cruise. Don't have a Snake. Just a 2008 Shelby GT vert. Hope that's OK. But we are also trying to get some other members of our club to join in as well. I'll keep checking back in to find out the details. I think the drive up I-80 is not a bad drive if Hwy 50 is still closed. Anyway, glad to find out you guys are so active and hope to join you.

Al

Al,

Welcome aboard to you and other members of the Sacramento Area Mustang Club! You don't need a snake (or Shelby) for this event. Any performance Mustang enthusiast is invited to join us for a great cruise and day of "BLUE OVAL POWER" at the lake. Please post (or PM me) the screen names of the SAMC members that will be attending so I can include them in post #1 on page #1.

Stay tuned for more details regarding Snakes at the Lake coming later this month. I look forward to meeting you on the 25th.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

Add me to the list - have our room booked, will be our first Shelby cruise. Coming up from San Luis Obispo County in Central CA.

From what I have read, the actual car show starts at noon that saturday, correct?....Or is it earlier? Is there an address to the actual meeting place?

Add me to the list - have our room booked, will be our first Shelby cruise. Coming up from San Luis Obispo County in Central CA.

From what I have read, the actual car show starts at noon that saturday, correct?....Or is it earlier? Is there an address to the actual meeting place?

- Aj -,

Welcome to Team Shelby - Pacific Coast Region! We look forward to having you join us for your first TS cruise. We'll depart from Old Town Sacramento and make our way through the Sierras to our car show and BBQ at the North Tahoe Regional Park overlooking the lake in Tahoe Vista. We have reserved the facility from 11am til 4pm. Lunch will be served at approximately 12:30pm. Because of CalTrans construction currently underway on Hwy 50 near South Lake Tahoe, we may ultimately head up to the lake via I-80 through Truckee. A decision on our route will be made next month when Caltrans updates road construction progress. Maps will then be posted. I will include you on post #1 on page #1.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Well I have sold my car. It will be going to New Zealand, so we will not be attending this great cruise. I will miss the chance to meet some new friends. Thanks for the invite!

Pam n Rich

Rich,

First, congrats on the sale of your Shelby GT. We all know how special it was to you. It sounds like you found it a good home.

Second, I'm glad that we had an opportunity to break bread last time you were in the Bay Area. I wish you and Pam all the best with your future plans.

Please stay in touch here with your TS family when you get settled. In the meantime, I'll make sure to post up plenty of "Snakes at the Lake" pics so that you can enjoy the event vicariously.

Jim

PS: Let me know if you and Pam will be at SFO again. There might be time for an Italian fix! happy%20feet.gif

I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Roland Guy

Rguy1500

Awesome.... Last year was a blast......

Be sure to check out the accommodations thread if you need to spend the night.....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65474-tahoe-cruise-friday-sat-night-accommodations/

Aggie

I will be there. Looking forward to it.

Roland Guy

Rguy1500

Roland,

I see this is your first post on Team Shelby, so welcome! The members of TS-Pacific Coast Region look forward to having you join us for a great cruise to the Sierras and a relaxing day at Tahoe with our own car show and BBQ. I'll post you up on page #1. See you on the 25th in Sacramento.

Jim

I'm new to this site. We have a 2011 Shelby GT 500 Convertible and am wondering if you can give us some information about the "Snakes at the Lake" cruise and car show. We live in the Vacaville area and might be interested in participating. Thanks

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year as we ring-in 2011. happy%20feet.gif

Looking forward to this coming year, I also wanted to post-up notice of this summer's Tahoe Cruise, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 25th. Tentative plans have us departing Old Town Sacramento again and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake. We'll make a fuel stop at the Chevron station in Meyers and stage at the golf course next door (where members from Nevada could meet us) before heading up Hwy 89 on the west side past Emerald Bay on our way to Tahoe Vista, where we are currently making plans for a Car Show.

This year we'll be conducting the cruise as a charity event for the Carroll Shelby Foundation, which most of you I'm sure are familiar with. It's an opportunity for us to give something back to Mr. Shelby (not to mention for a great cause as well). Also, as many of you may have noticed, Team Shelby is in the process of ramping-up activities in the various regions around the country. Our Pacific Coast Region Director, Michael McGuirk, will provide more information in the near future on how this cruise will dovetail with those efforts. So stay tuned for more details.

In the meantime, mark your calendars and post-up if you're interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord

2. SicShelby - Modesto

3. Cali_KR - South Bay

4. MMcGuirk - San Jose

5. KAM - Pleasanton

6. Dans07SGT - Modesto

7. 08jester - Livermore

8. SR SNAKE - Amador County

9. itowem - Oakley

10. AstroDan - Suisun City

11. Dubstang - East Bay

12. shelbyguy470 - Lake Tahoe

13. trob_17 - Morgan Hill

14. FordFan1 - Vancouver, WA

15. cobrakidz - Folsom

16. jp1gt - Georgetown

17. Destry - Modesto

18. GSHELBYT - Napa Valley

19. JimC - Oakdale

20. elkhorn6990 - Castroville

21. ShelbyTom - San Francisco Bay Area

22. blkGT500nCA - Eureka

23. Gallupn - Carmichael

24. CSGTJoe - South Bay

25. 2TEJOTA - Rohnert Park

26. tdshelby - Utah

27. Sherlby - Lodi

28. bluebyou - Roseville

29. - Aj - CenCal

30. Rguy1500 - CA

Welcome to the following NorCal SVTOA, Koolstangs and Mid Valley Stangs members who will be joining us:

1. Fabman

2. fstryde03

3. 98 Sactown Cobra

4. kcs50ho

5. Beeb03

6. spetsnaz103

7. dwattsup

8. me32

9. Lorenzo

10. Orange Crush Boss 302

11. JenzBad500

12. 04cobra408

13. 97SnakeBite

14. Po's Sweet Ash

15. Tams6EStang

16. R&B w/Koolstangs

17. J&S w/Koolstangs

18. Jailtime

19. Shelby

20. SoWeTt03

21. 07SlvrGrl

Pictures from last year's cruise: http://www.teamshelb...0/page__st__180

Ken Ahmann's 2010 Tahoe Cruise video: http://www.youtube.c...h?v=TKueRbVyTjo

Lake_Tahoe_Panoramic.jpg

I'm new to this site. We have a 2011 Shelby GT 500 Convertible and am wondering if you can give us some information about the "Snakes at the Lake" cruise and car show. We live in the Vacaville area and might be interested in participating. Thanks

I've sent you a PM. Click on "Signed in as wolfdogmom" above left and then select Messenger and open the link. Thanks.

Jim,

My wife Mary and I would love to go again this year. I driving out from South Carolina again this year. We had such a great time last Year. Will we meet again at the Sunvalley Mall.

Thanks

John Gentile

Jim,

My wife Mary and I would love to go again this year. I driving out from South Carolina again this year. We had such a great time last Year. Will we meet again at the Sunvalley Mall.

Thanks

John Gentile

John,

It's great to hear that you and Mary will be joining us for the cruise to Tahoe again this year. I'll be posting up all of the fine details next month, but rest assured that we'll meet at SunValley Mall again the morning of the cruise before heading to Old Town Sac for the group departure. I hope the weather is favorable for your safe transit across the heartland. See you in a month!

Jim

Archived