TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show

SVT NAJA

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year as we ring-in 2011. happy%20feet.gif

Looking forward to this coming year, I also wanted to post-up notice of this summer's Tahoe Cruise, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 25th. Tentative plans have us departing Old Town Sacramento again and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake, where we'll make a fuel stop at Chevron in Meyers and stage at the golf course next door (where members from Nevada could meet us) before heading up Hwy 89 on the west side past Emerald Bay. We currently have reservations for lunch on the deck at Sunnyside http://www.sunnyside...m?contentID=107 just south of Tahoe City.

This year, I would like for us to consider conducting the cruise as a charity event for the Carroll Shelby Foundation, which most of you I'm sure are familiar with. It's an opportunity for us to give something back to Mr. Shelby (not to mention for a great cause as well). Also, as many of you may have noticed, Team Shelby is in the process of ramping-up activities in the various regions around the country. Our Pacific Region Director, Michael McGuirk, will provide more information following the Bash on how this cruise may dovetail with those efforts. So stay tuned for more details.

In the meantime, mark your calendars and post-up if you're interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord

2. SicShelby - Modesto

3. gt350lp - Gilroy

4. Stormracer - Oregon

5. Cali_KR - South Bay

6. MMcGuirk - San Jose

7. KAM - Pleasanton

8. Dans07SGT - Modesto

9. 08jester - Livermore

10. SR SNAKE - Amador County

11. itowem - Oakley

12. AstroDan - Suisun City

13. Dubstang - East Bay

14. shelbyguy470 - Lake Tahoe

15. trob_17 - Morgan Hill

16. FordFan1 - Vancouver, WA

17. cobrakidz - Folsom

18. jp1gt - Georgetown

19. Destry - Modesto

20. GSHELBYT - Napa Valley

21. JimC - Oakdale

22. elkhorn6990 - Castroville

23. ShelbyTom - San Francisco Bay Area

24. blkGT500nCA - Eureka

Welcome to the following NorCal SVTOA, Koolstangs and Mid Valley Stangs members who will be joining us for the cruise:

1. Fabman

2. fstryde03

3. 98 Sactown Cobra

4. kcs50ho

5. Beeb03

6. spetsnaz103

7. dwattsup

8. me32

9. Lorenzo

10. Orange Crush Boss 302

11. JenzBad500

12. 04cobra408

13. 97SnakeBite

14. Po's Sweet Ash

15. Tams6EStang

16. R&B w/Koolstangs

17. J&S w/Koolstangs

18. Jailtime

19. Shelby

20. SoWeTt03

21. 07SlvrGrl

Pictures from last year's cruise: http://www.teamshelb...0/page__st__180

Ken Ahmann's 2010 Tahoe Cruise video:

Sunnyside's web-cam: http://www.tahoetopi...shore-sunnyside

Lake_Tahoe_Panoramic.jpg

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count me in, I would like to attend. Where are the Eldorado Hills guys meeting? I live in Carmichael. around Arden and Fair Oaks.

Gallupn,

Welcome aboard, I'll post you up! As we get closer to the cruise, we'll get some meeting locations / maps posted on the thread. See you in June!

Jim

Hi Brian,

Nice to see you there it would be my first time also!

RichnPam

Absolutely! Are we doing steaks this year before Grabber's again? We should!

Brian,

I hope you can make it this year. As we get closer to the cruise, you can work out a meet spot in Redding with some of the PNW members. I'll post you up and I look forward to seeing one of your custom show stands.

Sounds great! I'll absolutely bring a stand. I now offer them with two size tops. One holds a 24x18" poster and the newer ones hold a smaller 17x11. I'm powder coating them myself now too, so turn around time is usually a couple days.

I can't wait, this should be a awesome event!

-Brian

Yes we will, and if you need a place to crash for the night if you want to come up night before you know your welcome!

Pam N Rich

Sounds great! I'll absolutely bring a stand. I now offer them with two size tops. One holds a 24x18" poster and the newer ones hold a smaller 17x11. I'm powder coating them myself now too, so turn around time is usually a couple days.

-Brian

Count me in, I would like to attend. Where are the Eldorado Hills guys meeting? I live in Carmichael. around Arden and Fair Oaks.

Last year we hung out at the In&Out at hwy 50 and Scott rd, waited for the call and merged as the caravan was cruising by. You are welcome to hang out with us, PM me if you like. You ought to come out to the next eurosunday event too, March 27th.

-Brian

Nice, but will it fit in my trunk??

Can you make a break apart stand? I'll take one please.

Thxs.

Jim

I'm in limbo until I found out who put the glitter in my oil... I know it's still two months away but hey, who knows. :shrug:

You'll make it...

Not to steer away from the main point of this thread, but yesterday when I drove down to San Francisco to pick my wife up at the airport, I had the chance to meet SVT NAJA in person aka Jim. We had a nice meeting at a great Italian Restaurant in Oakland. It is always nice to put a face to the screen name. Thanks again Jim for lunch, and yes I made it home just fine. Dry all the way home!

Rich n Pam

Not to steer away from the main point of this thread, but yesterday when I drove down to San Francisco to pick my wife up at the airport, I had the chance to meet SVT NAJA in person aka Jim. We had a nice meeting at a great Italian Restaurant in Oakland. It is always nice to put a face to the screen name. Thanks again Jim for lunch, and yes I made it home just fine. Dry all the way home!

Rich n Pam

Jim is a supper nice guy and is putting a lot of hard work into this cruise. Like last year.... it's going to be awesome..... :happy feet:

Jim is a supper nice guy and is putting a lot of hard work into this cruise. Like last year.... it's going to be awesome..... :happy feet:

Yes he is, and is working hard. While we were having lunch he got the word that lunch was a done deal in Tahoe. He is a guy on the go, good thing he has a Shelby to help him accomplish all he needs in a refined speedy fashion. :happy feet:

Hi Jim,

We will meet the group when it goes through Placerville, it was hard to catch up with the group doing 85!---Jack

Yes he is, and is working hard. While we were having lunch he got the word that lunch was a done deal in Tahoe. He is a guy on the go, good thing he has a Shelby to help him accomplish all he needs in a refined speedy fashion. :happy feet:

Awesome... glad the lunch thing worked out in Tahoe. He had been pondering over the BBQ or doing the lunch at the restaurant again, good news......

Hi Jim,

We will meet the group when it goes through Placerville, it was hard to catch up with the group doing 85!---Jack

Jack,

I'll have to check and see if Ford has issued a TSB for the Shelby speedometer... I swear I thought we were going 65! :doh:

Yes he is, and is working hard. While we were having lunch he got the word that lunch was a done deal in Tahoe. He is a guy on the go, good thing he has a Shelby to help him accomplish all he needs in a refined speedy fashion. happy%20feet.gif

Jim, I love lunch........haha

Awesome... glad the lunch thing worked out in Tahoe. He had been pondering over the BBQ or doing the lunch at the restaurant again, good news......

One thing's for sure, we'll definitely have lunch...:hysterical:

This weekend fits right into an open summer calendar weekend, so ....

Tfhe wife and I really looking forward attending with our 2008 GT500 convertible. Our first irst event with Team Shelby!

I am also willing to help with planning a group dirve up form the San Jose Area up to Sacramento. Maybe a nice cruise up the Sacramento River (Highway 160) Road to Old Town.

Joe Praxel

This weekend fits right into an open summer calendar weekend, so ....

Tfhe wife and I really looking forward attending with our 2008 GT500 convertible. Our first irst event with Team Shelby!

I am also willing to help with planning a group dirve up form the San Jose Area up to Sacramento. Maybe a nice cruise up the Sacramento River (Highway 160) Road to Old Town.

Joe Praxel

Joe,

Welcome aboard!

It should be a PERFECT day for a cruise to Tahoe in your Shelby vert. We had several of them last year and I wanted to trade my wheels for the day.happy%20feet.gif

I'll get you posted up and I look forward to meeting you and your wife.

Jim

PS: You bring up a great idea about having a DELTA cruise for the Bay Area TS crew. Maybe a stop for lunch at one of the harbors? I'll be in touch...

Sorry for being off topic

Nice, but will it fit in my trunk??

Can you make a break apart stand? I'll take one please.

Thxs.

Jim

Absolutely Jim, my stands break apart into 3 different pieces. I tried sending you a PM but it said, "The member JimC cannot receive any new messages." Shoot me an email at blkgt500nca@gmail.com

-Brian

Sorry for being off topic

Absolutely Jim, my stands break apart into 3 different pieces. I tried sending you a PM but it said, "The member JimC cannot receive any new messages." Shoot me an email at blkgt500nca@gmail.com

-Brian

Thxs for the whats up, not sure what happened working on the fix

sent email.

Jim

:backtotopic:

Booked Hotel today will be staying at Best Western Timber Cove Lodge ..... Price is good and the place is very nice, stayed there B4 .....

~Mike~

Booked Hotel today will be staying at Best Western Timber Cove Lodge ..... Price is good and the place is very nice, stayed there B4 .....

~Mike~

Mike what up, how did ya like moo moos?

Was going to bring the car but when the wife decided to come with, I couldn't turn down the opportunity for a cold beer and a ride home.

Jim

So what's the plan for Friday and Saturday overnite hotels? Are some staying in sacto on Friday, if so where? What about Tahoe? Is it Saturday stay over only? If so, where are most people booking a room?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom,

I'm going to leave from the SunValley Mall in Concord on Saturday morning with some local members from the Bay Area and cruise up to Old Town Sacto for the group departure. Some members are staying overnight Friday in Sacramento and Saturday in South Lake Tahoe. Aggie (08jester) has posted a thread of available hotels http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?/topic/65474-tahoe-cruise-friday-sat-night-accommodations/

I'll probably be staying in the Kings Beach area near our Car Show and plan on having refreshments and dinner at the Caliente http://www.calientetahoe.com/ across from the lake. I'll post up some North Shore lodging options in the next week or two.

Great, thanks for the info. I know it may seem early to ask these questions but this is my first time and I'm not familiar with how the weekend evolves. Im assuming that there might be a group coming up from the south bay (hollister, gilroy and morgan hill) to meet you in concord or is it just a free for all?

Thanks,

Tom

Great, thanks for the info. I know it may seem early to ask these questions but this is my first time and I'm not familiar with how the weekend evolves. Im assuming that there might be a group coming up from the south bay (hollister, gilroy and morgan hill) to meet you in concord or is it just a free for all?

Thanks,

Tom

Tom.....

ShelbyTom and a few members from KoolStangs will be coming from that area. I am not sure what day/time they are leaving. I have a small group coming from the Livermore/Pleasanton area, we are leaving on Friday and staying at Embassy Suites in Sacramento. You are welcome to hook up with us if you want or check with ShelbyTom, he may even hook up with some of the KoolStangs members.

For those that want to stay in North Shore, I will post up some hotels for you from my AAA book and will post them on the above link....

Oh, BTW it is not to early to get plans/hotels in order. Especially for Tahoe, it books up fast.....

Aggie

• 2 weeks later...

I'd like to add my name to the "Snakes at the Lake" Cruise. This will be my first activity with any other Shelby owners and am looking forward to it. Please let me know what the details of the trip are when they're finalized and any other information that might be good to know about this trip.

Thanks and looking forward to meeting some other owners,

2TEJOTA

'09 Shelby Super Snake w/ Kenne Belle

Archived