TEAM SHELBY FORUM

TS "Snakes at the Lake" Tahoe Cruise and Car Show

SVT NAJA

Wow Jim.... the list is growing growing. Nightmare's name is Kevin and he is a member of NorCalSvtoa and KoolStangs, nice guy and has a super nice Saleen.

The club from the Valley would like to join us as well and has about 10 cars. This is really getting huge, it's awesome..... :happy feet:

Aggie

Hi Maggie,

It wouldn't happen to be Kevin Garrity from Hollister would it. He's a friend and drives a Black Saleen Extreme.

Regards,

Tom

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Count us in.

Jim,

That's great news! I'm glad you and Shirley can join us again. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those recent lab reports. Should I bring an oil change kit so we can get another sample? Thanks.

Jim

Jim,

That's great news! I'm glad you and Shirley can join us again. I'm looking forward to seeing some of those recent lab reports. Should I bring an oil change kit so we can get another sample? Thanks.

Jim

We enjoyed the event last time, nice cars, weather good food, and people. What more could one ask for!

I am glad the other car clubs are joining us again and that their numbers are increasing, makes for more variety.

Bottom line, regardless of what badging we have on our cars they all started out as Mustangs and under the hood beats the heart of a Wild Untamed Pony... Gotta love what can be accomplish on one basic frame and body style. Dare I say, more then any other car I know of.

Use the link and go to page 12, start at post 224 and read down.

http://www.teamshelb...20?do=findComment&comment=1106496

Hi Maggie,

It wouldn't happen to be Kevin Garrity from Hollister would it. He's a friend and drives a Black Saleen Extreme.

Regards,

Tom

Tom.....

His last name is Mayes from Morgan Hill (same area as you), looks like different guy.....

Aggie

We enjoyed the event last time, nice cars, weather good food, and people. What more could one ask for!

I am glad the other car clubs are joining us again and that their numbers are increasing, makes for more variety.

Bottom line, regardless of what badging we have on our cars they all started out as Mustangs and under the hood beats the heart of a Wild Untamed Pony... Gotta love what can be accomplish on one basic frame and body style. Dare I say, more then any other car I know of.

I agree Jim, it was an awesome site seeing all the different years, shapes, colors and some outstanding people that joined in.

Glad you and Shirley are joining in once again...... :happy feet:

Aggie

I agree Jim, it was an awesome site seeing all the different years, shapes, colors and some outstanding people that joined in.

Glad you and Shirley are joining in once again...... happy feet.gif

Aggie

We shall see you there. You planning another stay and play or same day drive back?

We shall see you there. You planning another stay and play or same day drive back?

We will be staying in Old Sac Friday night and staying in Tahoe Sat. night. My step mom works for Embassy Suites, hopefully getting us a room.

Aggie

We will be staying in Old Sac Friday night and staying in Tahoe Sat. night. My step mom works for Embassy Suites, hopefully getting us a room.

Aggie

Embassy is my fav place.

When I used to travel alotssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

They proved to be the all round best, always clean, always friendly, never any issues and very consistant.

Tom.....

His last name is Mayes from Morgan Hill (same area as you), looks like different guy.....

Aggie

Thanks Aggie,

Yeah I found out it wasn't Kevin G. But what a coincidence it was, same name and car. Oh well, I'll have to get my friend to start participating in these events. I look forward to meeting Kevin Mayes and seeing you guys again.

Tom

First, I want to wish everyone a Happy New Year as we ring-in 2011. happy%20feet.gif

Looking forward to this coming year, I also wanted to post-up notice of this summer's Tahoe Cruise, which is scheduled for Saturday, June 25th. Tentative plans have us departing Old Town Sacramento again and cruising up Highway 50 through the Sierras as we make our way to the lake, where we'll make a fuel stop at Chevron in Meyers and stage at the golf course next door (where members from Nevada could meet us) before heading up Hwy 89 on the west side past Emerald Bay. We currently have reservations for lunch on the deck at Sunnyside http://www.sunnyside...m?contentID=107 just south of Tahoe City.

This year, I would like for us to consider conducting the cruise as a charity event for the Carroll Shelby Foundation, which most of you I'm sure are familiar with. It's an opportunity for us to give something back to Mr. Shelby (not to mention for a great cause as well). Also, as many of you may have noticed, Team Shelby is in the process of ramping-up activities in the various regions around the country. Our Pacific Region Director, Michael McGuirk, will provide more information following the Bash on how this cruise may dovetail with those efforts. So stay tuned for more details.

In the meantime, mark your calendars and post-up if you're interested in joining us for a great day on the road and at the lake:

1. SVT NAJA - Concord

2. SicShelby - Modesto

3. gt350lp - Gilroy

4. Stormracer - Oregon

5. Cali_KR - South Bay

6. MMcGuirk - San Jose

7. KAM - Pleasanton

8. Dans07SGT - Modesto

9. 08jester - Livermore

10. SR SNAKE - Amador County

11. itowem - Oakley

12. AstroDan - Suisun City

13. Dubstang - East Bay

14. shelbyguy470 - Lake Tahoe

15. trob_17 - Morgan Hill

16. FordFan1 - Vancouver, WA

17. cobrakidz - Folsom

18. jp1gt - Georgetown

19. Destry - Modesto

20. GSHELBYT - S.F. Bay Area

21. JimC - Oakdale

Welcome to the following NorCal SVTOA, Koolstangs and Mid Valley Stangs members who will be joining us for the cruise:

1. Fabman

2. fstryde03

3. 98 Sactown Cobra

4. kcs50ho

5. Beeb03

6. spetsnaz103

7. dwattsup

8. me32

9. Lorenzo

10. Orange Crush Boss 302

11. JenzBad500

12. 04cobra408

13. 97SnakeBite

14. Po's Sweet Ash

15. nightmare

16. Tams6EStang

17. R&B w/Koolstangs

18. J&S w/Koolstangs

19. rozwell911

20. Jailtime

21. Shelby

Pictures from last year's cruise: http://www.teamshelb...0/page__st__180

Ken Ahmann's 2010 Tahoe Cruise video: http://www.teamshelb...e-cruise-video/

Sunnyside's web-cam: http://www.tahoetopi...shore-sunnyside

Lake_Tahoe_Panoramic.jpg

We plan on attending. Had a great time last year and you did a great job of putting it on.

We plan on attending. Had a great time last year and you did a great job of putting it on.

Brad,

Thanks... It's great that you and Denise can make it again on the cruise. You'll have to tell me how those "Bounce" sheets under the Shelby are working as a deterrent. See you soon! :superhero:

Jim

Thanks Aggie,

Yeah I found out it wasn't Kevin G. But what a coincidence it was, same name and car. Oh well, I'll have to get my friend to start participating in these events. I look forward to meeting Kevin Mayes and seeing you guys again.

Tom

We can hardly wait, this was an awesome event last year and met soooooo many nice people. Look forward to seeing you and everyone else.....

Aggie

Brad,

Thanks... It's great that you and Denise can make it again on the cruise. You'll have to tell me how those "Bounce" sheets under the Shelby are working as a deterrent. See you soon! :superhero:

Jim

Actually, I was going to make a new post and title it "Got the little Bastard" but I thought I might get censored!! I found the culprit (at least I am pretty sure it is the one that ate my wire). It was a 12 in long (including tail) wood rat that are very common here in the country. I found him decayed in the basement area and I think that the bait I have laid out all over finally got him but not before he got the wire. The little mouse traps I have out wouldnt have done a thing but only been dragged away with him but I have also installed electric deterrants in the plugs in the garage/basement area so maybe that will also help. I think I fixed the gap under the garage door where it got in and I think then he couldnt get out so died in the basement area. So hopefully I wont have that happen again too expensive ($220 to get it fixed). Looking forward to the Tahoe cruise again. Take care.

Actually, I was going to make a new post and title it "Got the little Bastard" but I thought I might get censored!! I found the culprit (at least I am pretty sure it is the one that ate my wire). It was a 12 in long (including tail) wood rat that are very common here in the country. I found him decayed in the basement area and I think that the bait I have laid out all over finally got him but not before he got the wire. The little mouse traps I have out wouldnt have done a thing but only been dragged away with him but I have also installed electric deterrants in the plugs in the garage/basement area so maybe that will also help. I think I fixed the gap under the garage door where it got in and I think then he couldnt get out so died in the basement area. So hopefully I wont have that happen again too expensive ($220 to get it fixed). Looking forward to the Tahoe cruise again. Take care.

What electronic units are you using, have you had them long enough to determine if they are keepen' the critters out?

I use bait it works really well they always seem to find it before the get to the cars. If I can keep from finding the carcass remains in a dried out mummified state; by using a good electronic unit that would be better.

If you are finding them in a state of decay switch to the cubed bait that dehydrates them and there is NO DECAYING mess or smell to deal with.

What electronic units are you using, have you had them long enough to determine if they are keepen' the critters out?

I use bait it works really well they always seem to find it before the get to the cars. If I can keep from finding the carcass remains in a dried out mummified state; by using a good electronic unit that would be better.

If you are finding them in a state of decay switch to the cubed bait that dehydrates them and there is NO DECAYING mess or smell to deal with.

I am only using the electronic ones (come in a two pack) that I got from Home Depot. I have only been using them for 6 wks or so. I also had to do some mods to me garage door which is probably helpiing. I used to use the cubed bait but they kept dragging it away and then I would find it behind something in the garage. I went to the smaller pellets so I can tell if it has been eaten rather than just disappearing. That is about all I can tell you. Let me know if you come up with something better. I thought I would just napalm the entire area around the house (I have an acre) to kill them off on a regular basis but the neighbors might not like that, hahaha.

It must have been awful early to find old Sac that empty......

Bruce,

We had Old Town Sac to ourselves at 8am before heading out 30 minutes later to stop at the Capitol roundabout for a few photos. Kevin got the money shot with his 40th.

TeamShelbyLakeTahoeCruise62610028.jpg

Jim:

Is there a plan like last year to meet up at various locations and head on up to Sac? For instance, a group meets in South Bay, cruise up to Concord, convoy up to Cordelia etc.... I thought that worked great!

Dan,

There are several TS members here in the East Bay, so I definately plan on leaving from SunValley (Willow Pass and I-680 in Concord) again and meeting you in Cordelia (junction of I-680 and I-80) at the Burger King before heading to up Sacto. As we get closer to the cruise I'll post up the maps. Are you getting ramped up for the T/A?

I'm going to try and make it this year.

Brian,

I hope you can make it this year. As we get closer to the cruise, you can work out a meet spot in Redding with some of the PNW members. I'll post you up and I look forward to seeing one of your custom show stands.

Dan,

There are several TS members here in the East Bay, so I definately plan on leaving from SunValley (Willow Pass and I-680 in Concord) again and meeting you in Cordelia (junction of I-680 and I-80) at the Burger King before heading to up Sacto. As we get closer to the cruise I'll post up the maps. Are you getting ramped up for the T/A?

Cool.

Yes. Pre-fab complete. General Contractor'll be back in a couple weeks... Nice and slow right now! :happy feet: Big job(s) for you guys.

You would think I'd have time to clean Betsy, huh? :hysterical:

Archived