TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Tower Brace to fit FRPP Intake Manifold?

Hopefully, we will have pictures by Friday, I went with BBR's 3/4 drop mounts, the hood blanket was already out so I am hoping 1/4" washers will do the trick.

Andrew

Cha Ching ! !

Terrible cell phone photo, better photo(s) next week,

web.jpg

web.jpg

No washers needed, just the BRR Motor Mounts currently on sale for $145

Andrew

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know if you guys saw, but I posted a link above in this thread. It is a video of a guy with the new FRPP manifold and he fit the v6/bullitt brace WITHOUT lowering the motor. He said the brace clears with about a quarter of an inch in between the brace and top of the manifold.

• 1 month later...

Perhaps the Bullitt/V6 brace alone or in combo with the 1/2 inch mounts?

gallery_13043_1123_10556.jpg

Sam

Sam,

Did you have the measurements at the orange lines on your picture above of the 2 braces?

Thanks

Larry

• 2 months later...

Does anyone have this brace on their car ? I just want to confirm that this is the V6 brace and will clear my FRPP manifold. I already have 2 STB's which are now just ornamental decoration in the spare bathroom...stock one and an FR500S. Neither of them fit with 1/2" lowering mounts.

This is the brace I'm talking about...

http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=66463

Does anyone have this brace on their car ? I just want to confirm that this is the V6 brace and will clear my FRPP manifold. I already have 2 STB's which are now just ornamental decoration in the spare bathroom...stock one and an FR500S. Neither of them fit with 1/2" lowering mounts.

This is the brace I'm talking about...

http://www.mossmuscle.com/Shop/ViewProducts.aspx?PlateIndexID=66463

It fits. JDM put 2 little shims under the brace just to give it a TINY bit more clearance over the manifold so when I get on it the manifold doesn't hit or rub when the motor flexes.

DSC_0158.jpg

**Woops, thought you meant the FRPP V6 brace. Not sure about the Shelby brace.

It fits. JDM put 2 little shims under the brace just to give it a TINY bit more clearance over the manifold so when I get on it the manifold doesn't hit or rub when the motor flexes.

**Woops, thought you meant the FRPP V6 brace. Not sure about the Shelby brace.

Yeah I'm not sure whether or not this CS brace that Moss Muscle has is a V6 or GT brace. I am told by a local friend it's the V6 brace but want to be sure before I add a 3rd piece to the wall.

• 2 months later...

SGT1020

I know that the stock FRPP strut brace that came with the SGT actually rubs on underside of the CS6 hood. . . . . .

I am guessing that the V6/Bullitt brace will not fit under the CS6 hood as it appears to be . . . taller. . . in the center.

Not to mention, the CS6 hood itself sits lower over the engine compartment (about 1" or so) simply due to the way it was fabricated.

I also know that many have gone to the V6/Bullitt brace to go over the Kenne Bell Superchargers in some form or fashion.

I am just wondering if you removed the hood insulator blanket to get the V6/Bullitt brace to fit under your stock SGT hood?

Have you noticed any contact with the underside of the stock SGT hood and the V6/Bullitt brace?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

SGT1020

I know that the stock FRPP strut brace that came with the SGT actually rubs on underside of the CS6 hood. . . . . .

I am guessing that the V6/Bullitt brace will not fit under the CS6 hood as it appears to be . . . taller. . . in the center.

Not to mention, the CS6 hood itself sits lower over the engine compartment (about 1" or so) simply due to the way it was fabricated.

I also know that many have gone to the V6/Bullitt brace to go over the Kenne Bell Superchargers in some form or fashion.

I am just wondering if you removed the hood insulator blanket to get the V6/Bullitt brace to fit under your stock SGT hood?

Have you noticed any contact with the underside of the stock SGT hood and the V6/Bullitt brace?

Not sure if you ever got an answer on this or not, but as far as I can see I don't have any rub under the hood with the blanket. I have a thin washer under the brace just like SGT1020 said his has for a little extra clearance.

Hope this helps

Jeff

post-30105-0-67604600-1318694918_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-33055900-1318694977_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-92840000-1318695028_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-67604600-1318694918_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-33055900-1318694977_thumb.jpg

post-30105-0-92840000-1318695028_thumb.jpg

Archived