TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Strut Tower Brace to fit FRPP Intake Manifold?

Are there any strut tower braces out there that will work with the new Ford Racing Intake Manifold? :headscratch:

I know Kahmann got his to work with spacers, I have the BBR motor mounts and and hoping that the 3/4" lowering will allow it to fit without spacers. Will post pictures once we get this accomplished, but it will be at least a month

Good Luck

Andrew

Is loosing the brace a HUGE deal? Or not really?

I don't think so. I'll bet if you run 1 lap with the STB and one without there would be no difference. Losing the windshield wiper fluid reserve would probably be about the equivalent.

To get lowering mounts and lower the motor, it will be too much of a pain for that brace. I'm sure I could figure something out. Have a custom brace fabricated to fit or something.

Installing motor mounts is about as easy as it gets, but like I said, it won't work anyway. The intake touches the hood liner as is.

The large majority of posts, etc. that I have read over the past couple of years state that the brace does not really add to the suspension stiffness, and is therefore more of a cosmetic item.

• 2 weeks later...

The large majority of posts, etc. that I have read over the past couple of years state that the brace does not really add to the suspension stiffness, and is therefore more of a cosmetic item.

Ya but............................it's all about looking kool ya know! B)

correct, didn't lower the motor. no, FR isn't making them

Just spoke to FR and showed them the pic of that brace. They said that is not their brace. If anything it was modified or custom made. They suggested I try the v6/Bullitt Brace to clear the FRPP intake manifold I am putting on the car.

Just spoke to FR and showed them the pic of that brace. They said that is not their brace. If anything it was modified or custom made. They suggested I try the v6/Bullitt Brace to clear the FRPP intake manifold I am putting on the car.

guess you didn't talk to the right person :hysterical:

• 2 weeks later...

The stock FRPP brace will clear the FRPP intake with 1/2" lowering motor mounts, hood blanket delete, plus 1/2" spacers atop the 4 inner strut studs. Good luck

Hopefully, we will have pictures by Friday, I went with BBR's 3/4 drop mounts, the hood blanket was already out so I am hoping 1/4" washers will do the trick.

Andrew

Archived